Custom Resolution blanked out
Hi. First time user, just trying this out since my PS3's keep dying and my tv doesn't have 3rca, only hdmis.

I've seen people post videos of this software online and they are recording at up to 1080p gameplay. The game I'm trying out looks nice but all recordings are outputting at a locked resolution of 512x488. I looked up videos and forum posts and they all said to go Configure->video->plug ins and change the resolution. Well, my plug in window always has Custom Resolution blanked out, it can't be tweeked. Everything else is fine, I'm running on x3 or 4 times native pretty smoothly but I can't change the resolution on any of the adaptors or render choices, soft or hardware. Is this just me? Where am I going wrong? (also, is it normal for the frame rate to occasionally go to 94% or 103%, makes the audio crack)

I'm not tech savy so when I play around with the settings I'm doing via trial and error, I don't know if I clicked on the wrong tab or what. Thanks for any help you can offer.

For the record, I didn't want to register and set up and entire thread for this but I've looked, and youtubed and googled with no results, kinda last resort situation. Sorry of that's not kosher here but I don't know where else to ask.

Sponsored links

For the audio problems set the audio plugin to asyn instead of timestretch. Yeah that bouncing FPS is what I keep the audio set to async. Just ignore what the title bar is saying the res is since it just spits out the native resolution of the game you are playing instead of giving you the actual resolution that you ahve set in gsdx. as for custom is recommend to NOT use it and just go for the _x native options instead. Custom resolution can break games like the Snowblind games for example and cuase the dreaded halfscreen problem while the _x native options don't have the half screen problem.
Ok. So, if I understand you correctly the screen resolution that it says is been outputted to on top isn't accurate and if record the gameplay it should record at a higher, more accurate resolution when I have a set up of x3 or 4?
(05-28-2016, 03:25 AM)berto Wrote: Ok. So, if I understand you correctly the screen resolution that it says is been outputted to on top isn't accurate and if record the gameplay it should record at a higher, more accurate resolution when I have a set up of x3 or 4?

yeah, the resolution in the title bar is just the resolution the game normally runs at.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
So basically I had it right all along... Man, this thing it overly complicated.

One last thing. What are the recommended setting to record at 60fps?
(05-28-2016, 03:33 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: yeah, the resolution in the title bar is just the resolution the game normally runs at.

This is not true at the latest development builds, I added some code before to display the resolution based on the scaling factors.