Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Custom Rig Build
Hi,
i am buying a new rig and was thinking of building my own similar to my last post i have done some research and come up with this:

QUAD CORE Phenom X4 Nvidia Board Bundle 2GB DDR2 Memory
Usb’s included with Mobo
OEM SATA 320Gb
Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 1GB PCI-E Graphics Card
DDR2 800MHz PC2-6400 Memory Module 2GB
ATX Midi Case with 400W PSU
Samsung 20x DVD+/-RW/RAM/DL Internal SATA Drive

please rate this rig bearing in mind there is a budget of around £500

thanks in advance Smile
[Image: NBanner_FFVIIAC_Cid_1.jpg]

Sponsored links

ALL IS OK........but u can also buy a processor which uses 2 cores becoz pcsx2 only uses 2 cores........................buy core2duo if u want to save ur moneyTongue
(04-16-2010, 03:11 PM)samrat4u Wrote: ALL IS OK........but u can also buy a processor which uses 2 cores becoz pcsx2 only uses 2 cores........................buy core2duo if u want to save ur moneyTongue

i was taking that into consideration when thinking to build this however the quad core would serve alot more purpose for gerneral gameplay etc..
also OC is an option to be able to get it up to correct speed
quad core can help u in pc games or multi-tasking etc.......but no extra improvment given by pcsx2..........for pcsx2 quad core and core2duo are at same position......
good point,
however
the QUAD CORE Phenom X4 Nvidia Board Bundle 2GB DDR2
i think is about 3.4ghz so if i overclock to 3.8,
that will be equal to the intel version of a 3.2 which is the recommended specs for the ps2 emu to be run at full speed (give or take 1 or 2 speed hacks Tongue) and depending on the game
yaa thats right..good point...Tongue.....quad core can help u to increase processor;s speed by overclocking..which is recomended...

sorry for poor englishTongue
(04-16-2010, 03:28 PM)samrat4u Wrote: yaa thats right..good point...Tongue.....quad core can help u to increase processor;s speed by overclocking..which is recomended...

sorry for poor englishTongue

no worries, i can read it fine Happy
so my only issue is AMD Biggrini heard it overheats easy so need to check a safe limit to put it too without blowing my cash, any1 done anything with AMD to know a safe OC i know every chip is diff but any1 know any limits??
ohhhh u r buying AMD...sorry i am not properly readed ur first post....sorry for that......

better u buy intel .....intel have strong processor...........many of times this question asked that AMD vrs INTEL...which is best......actually for graphics card,AMD is best...but for speed or performance INTEL is best

and we know that we need strong processor than strong graphics card to run pcsx2 smoothly...
yeah but to get a intel to run like a AMD bearing in mind the budget the best spec can be bought with a AMD
thats right...AMD is much much less costly than intel and AMD is special made for gaming.........