Custom Shaders for GSdx
You can get old and loose interest before ;X just sayin..., but maybe nah I have free weekend to read some more about dx and gonna compare gsdx to smaa demo sources, both are fairy clear and described with comments, soo I guess it doesn't require Gabest-level knowledge;p.

Edit: oh and here's my try;P ofc it doesn't work, just showing how I tried to do it yesterday, I guess whole PS_OUTPUT is wrong;P I probably messed too many things and didn't really understood what should go as output;P, stopped editing it after some fail tries couse I understood it couldn't be(probably?) made same as FXAA, turning it into complete fail.

.7z   fail shader doesn't work.7z (Size: 13,25 KB / Downloads: 576)

Sponsored links

Actaully SMAA 1x being doable has no bearing on the others. If you read the website of inject SMAA he says the way he forces 1x incompatible with the others which is why he hasn't released a new version to do it yet.
I rather ment if I will be able to do SMAA 1 I will be able to do others, I'm modding the source of GSdx now, not trying to do it by injection and that shouldn't be limited.;P Long way ahead of me, I'm starting from checking r4828 to have general idea where to look in GSdx.
(02-17-2012, 08:18 PM)miseru99 Wrote: You can get old and loose interest before ;X just sayin..., but maybe nah I have free weekend to read some more about dx and gonna compare gsdx to smaa demo sources, both are fairy clear and described with comments, soo I guess it doesn't require Gabest-level knowledge;p.

Edit: oh and here's my try;P ofc it doesn't work, just showing how I tried to do it yesterday, I guess whole PS_OUTPUT is wrong;P I probably messed too many things and didn't really understood what should go as output;P, stopped editing it after some fail tries couse I understood it couldn't be(probably?) made same as FXAA, turning it into complete fail.

Don't worry, I'm a patient guy. Tongue2

(Also, that code is way beyond me) >.<

And here's another shameless mess of port, featuring MegaManJuno's Cel Shader as the victim. Tongue2

Comparison (Mode 2) :
Before http://i.minus.com/iWxsQWcwAI0Hv.png
After http://i.minus.com/i1oZ1rSqjual8.png

I also used Hardware Anti Aliasing on GSDX as it kind of looks ugly with all the jaggies without it...

Attached Files
.zip   mmjcellshader.zip (Size: 2,21 KB / Downloads: 14.299)
Ha! That looks very nice.

I guess now there could be a nicer way, using the zbuffer and that. And maybe even SSAO.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Do eeett Tongue2
nice cell naoan. and whoo KrossX... ssao?... mmh... that sounds interresting Biggrin

what about ssdm. (ss displacement mapping). that'd be hard... but great.
Nice celshading, and to thought few days ago we had only FXAA. @_@ Oh and btw it should be called a cel-shader not cell-shader, loads of people confuse the name through. xD
(02-17-2012, 10:11 PM)naoan Wrote: Do eeett Tongue2

Yeah right. That would be waaaaaaaay beyond my expertise. Which is, hackup stuff that's already been done.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
This is similar to petes custom shaders for his psx plugins correct?