Custom Shaders for GSdx
I don't think this would have caused it, but I did forget to update the toggle cases in another class. Well, it's updated now, if you'd like to try the build below. If you get the same result I'm clueless Tongue

If anyone else would test this as well, it would be nice. Because it's working as intended for me.

Edit: changed the dialog checkbox labels to 'Enable FXAA', and 'Enable FX shader. Makes more sense, I suppose. It's painstaking to align stuff in a dialog without an rc editor lol. I tried using ResEdit, but it just boinked the whole rc data when I saved changes. good thing I backed it up before trying it.

Pic:

I'll upload the source and patch when I'm finished.

Sponsored links

Source, and patch attached below. That should be it. I can't think of anything I should add for now. It works nicely here.

Basic rundown of the main changes;
GSdx FXAA, and the external shader.fx are now completely separate. Both have their own separate vars, functions, and passes etc.
Added a checkbox to the GSdx dialogs to enable/disable the external shader effects. FXAA is toggled with the page up key. The external fx shader is toggled with the home key. They now also have separate console outputs.

#EDIT: updated the build below to the final version, of the source posted. I compiled this using visual studio 2013 (So you'll need the 2013 runtimes for this, which you can get here)

Build:
.zip   GSdx32-SSE2-FXTest.zip (Size: 367,86 KB / Downloads: 638)

Patch & Source Files:
.zip   GSdx_Postprocessing_Updates.zip (Size: 1.021,27 KB / Downloads: 620)

I'll remove the patch attachment on the previous page, to avoid confusion.

----
Edit2: I attached the latest version of my shader suite also. I've change the name of it to GSdx FX (sorry for the confusion >.<) because, it makes more sense. Seeing as it's actually for GSdx. It has it's own ini file for changing settings, and enabling/disabling effects an all that stuff. I'm really not in the mood to go taking screenshots and stuff, so that'll have to wait until I update the shader OP with it etc. As stated in the PCSX2 FX OP, GSdx FX is only for Dx10 or higher. So people with Dx9 only (ancient) cards will have to stick with the internal fxaa, or use something else, sorry.

External FX Suite:
.zip   GSdx_FX_2.00.zip (Size: 14,73 KB / Downloads: 675)
(01-15-2014, 04:31 PM)Asmodean Wrote: Hmm, It was compiled with visual studio 2013. So you probably need the 2013 runtimes/redist. do you have them installed already?

Edit: I only have VS 2012 & 2013 express atm.

(01-15-2014, 04:37 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yea that was it. Pageup and Home keys don't print anything on the console here, in either dx9 or dx10 hardware modes. Can't tell if the shader works or not tho (these small improvements always are almost unnoticeable in my eye Tongue )
Same bug here (using svn 5816),of course this isnt a Visual Studio error through I have the redists of 2005-2013 and the plugin is recognized by the emulator.

The thing is with any box checked or unchecked it still doesnt show logs in the emu.
PageUp key doesnt work anymore and Home key loads the external shader.

The problem is the plugin itself,if switch to any other GSDX it'll work normally.
Must be some forgotten archive or patch?
Or maybe some random bug xD
^ Confirmed, by myself. It seems to be happening because you're using build bot builds, which are compiled with VS ver. 16.00 compiler, and I'm using the 18.00 (2013) compiler.

As a test - please try the pcsx2 build below compiled with the same version of visual studio as the GSdx build, and it should work fine.

I downloaded the latest from build bot - dropped it onto the desktop, and tried the sse2 build above, and same thing as you said happens. I dropped my own pcsx2 binary into that folder, and ran it again, and it worked perfectly. So it's compiler differences. I could probably switch the 2013 compiler to version 16.00 and it would work for you with the build bot builds, but try the build below anyway first please.

PCSX2 Build:
.zip   pcsx2.zip (Size: 2,13 MB / Downloads: 397)
nice your testing out the compiler differences and force people to get your build. but here's the rule worthy kicker: your not official coder on it. you should compile with 16.00 and make it compatible with what is officially given.

or: the buildbot needs an update.
Sigh..I posted the build for people to test it out, to help. It tests fine for me but I'm only one person.

When the update is committed, you won't need the build I posted.

Everyone is quick to come whining when there's something wrong. But, when you're asked to test something, everybody vanishes >.<
(01-16-2014, 06:25 PM)Asmodean Wrote: Sigh..I posted the build for people to test it out, to help. It tests fine for me but I'm only one person.

When the update is committed, you won't need the build I posted.

Everyone is quick to come whining when there's something wrong. But, when you're asked to test something, everybody vanishes >.<
Haha, don't be so negative. I've tried the build you posted in a handful of games (FFX, FFXII, KH2, Dragon Ball Z Sparking Meteor and Persona 4), but I simply didn't find anything wrong, so I didn't know what to say. Don't worry, if there's something wrong, people will start to complain Tongue.
I've seen something about AF in the first lines of shader.fx, but there isn't a setting about that in the other ini or your gsdx plugin. I guess you didn't make it available for us yet.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
That's all I'm looking for Smile

Try it out, if it's working - report back that is it's working for you. If it's not - report back that it's not ^.^

The AF in the shader.fx is only a sampler state. Which isn't used by GSdx when declared externally like that. I only have it there because of habit. I could have just declared SamplerState TextureSampler : register(s0); without the brackets for specific states.
lol dabore that's rude

(01-16-2014, 03:01 PM)Asmodean Wrote: ^ Confirmed, by myself. It seems to be happening because you're using build bot builds, which are compiled with VS ver. 16.00 compiler, and I'm using the 18.00 (2013) compiler.

As a test - please try the pcsx2 build below compiled with the same version of visual studio as the GSdx build, and it should work fine.

I downloaded the latest from build bot - dropped it onto the desktop, and tried the sse2 build above, and same thing as you said happens. I dropped my own pcsx2 binary into that folder, and ran it again, and it worked perfectly. So it's compiler differences. I could probably switch the 2013 compiler to version 16.00 and it would work for you with the build bot builds, but try the build below anyway first please.

PCSX2 Build:
Working now,but I saw no difference when toggling to FXAA antialiasing,I even used the bloom shader that you earlier,if it is working for you we've got a bug here?

Keep your work dude we can get a nice feature here *-*

Ps: when using another PCSX2 build your GSDX gui gets messed up,when using your PCSX2 build it stays fine.
(01-16-2014, 08:07 PM)Yagyu Wrote: Working now,but I saw no difference when toggling to FXAA antialiasing
The effect is very subtle, but it's there. It affected some edges, and GPU usage increased for me by around 10~15%.

(01-16-2014, 08:07 PM)Yagyu Wrote: Ps: when using another PCSX2 build your GSDX gui gets messed up,when using your PCSX2 build it stays fine.
That's because they are made for each other , right? I've only tried the things Asmodean posted together, so I don't know how your messed up combination looks like.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR