Custom Textures in PCSX2
In the Dolphin Emulator there is a dumping of textures feature and a custom textures feature to use for game and i find it quite enjoying but i have MORE questions.

Would it be possible to implement these features in PCSX2?

Could it relate to some sort of texture format change BESIDES 8-BIT TEXTURES?

Sponsored links

I echo that request (I'm super eager for such thing) of such feature but I am aware of some bundaries.

- One of the problems implementing such feature is that PS2 uses GS in countless unexpected ways which affect also the texture alocation/decoding making such feature nearly impossible to implement universaly.
- It is possible to happen after decoding but it will affect speed alot plus it is not universaly compatible on DX9/10/11.
- There is a program that can do such thing by injectiong it inbetween PCSX2's communication with DirectX but has tons of bugs which defeat it's purpose.

In my opinion it's one of those features I pray 24h/7d to happen.
I also second this especially with many HD remasters coming out like Okami and Kingdom Hearts. I would love for people to port those HD textures back into the original game. It would be even better because of PCSX2 ability to go higher in resolution then what the PS3 can do.
(10-01-2012, 02:49 AM)jadentheman Wrote: I also second this especially with many HD remasters coming out like Okami and Kingdom Hearts. I would love for people to port those HD textures back into the original game. It would be even better because of PCSX2 ability to go higher in resolution then what the PS3 can do.

HD textures? I lol'd hard. Most of those games features meager BARELY upgraded textures. And more often than not, use the same exact textures.

It's just the simple matter of the fact that some games have more potential to unlock by increasing the resolution. And why people complained about how RE4 HD didn't look that good in HD. Because the original textures stunk.

Take a look at this picture from KH1 with PCSX2
http://i.picpar.com/1af6691218f36bb27071...108adc.jpg
(5120X2400 Internal Res ^)
The "HD Remaster" version will look no where near this good. Because it will only be 720p. It will look good, but from the video they've shown. It's just a simple Up-Rez with no Anti Aliasing and no redone textures(Aside from the UI maybe) The textures just look THAT good originally.
(10-02-2012, 04:37 AM)Mr.Bonkers Wrote: HD textures? I lol'd hard. Most of those games features meager BARELY upgraded textures. And more often than not, use the same exact textures.

It's just the simple matter of the fact that some games have more potential to unlock by increasing the resolution. And why people complained about how RE4 HD didn't look that good in HD. Because the original textures stunk.

Take a look at this picture from KH1 with PCSX2
http://i.picpar.com/1af6691218f36bb27071...108adc.jpg
(5120X2400 Internal Res ^)
The "HD Remaster" version will look no where near this good. Because it will only be 720p. It will look good, but from the video they've shown. It's just a simple Up-Rez with no Anti Aliasing and no redone textures(Aside from the UI maybe) The textures just look THAT good originally.

the only thing is... hd remakes actually play on 60fps.

shadow of the collosus is a good example how a hd remake should be.

plus 3d and trophy options ;D
The only thing that they bother to update in those remakes (and even then IF they do it) is the HUD textures and sometimes the audio files from 12000Hz Mono ADPCM to 48000Hz PCM Stereo so when you hear speech you don't hear those fake frequencies above 12000Hz that PS2 was generating to fill the gap and fake full range audio. But even that is rare, for example, in RE HD remakes they didn't even bother to do such thing which is ultimately lame because it doesn't affect speed/performance at all if they would use them, it was an act of pure boredom. PS2 remasters If you count out 1 or 2 games is a big hoax to me, on the other side PSP remasters tend to be what remasters should be in all aspects, textures, audio and most of the times even polygons and let alone the higher resolutions and 3D mode. I wonder why developers are so lazy with PS2 remasters and not with PSP remasters which in the end of the day need more work to be done on them...
(10-02-2012, 01:03 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: The only thing that they bother to update in those remakes (and even then IF they do it) is the HUD textures and sometimes the audio files from 12000Hz Mono ADPCM to 48000Hz PCM Stereo so when you hear speech you don't hear those fake frequencies above 12000Hz that PS2 was generating to fill the gap and fake full range audio. But even that is rare, for example, in RE HD remakes they didn't even bother to do such thing which is ultimately lame because it doesn't affect speed/performance at all if they would use them, it was an act of pure boredom. PS2 remasters If you count out 1 or 2 games is a big hoax to me, on the other side PSP remasters tend to be what remasters should be in all aspects, textures, audio and most of the times even polygons and let alone the higher resolutions and 3D mode. I wonder why developers are so lazy with PS2 remasters and not with PSP remasters which in the end of the day need more work to be done on them...

if they implement an online function in the ps2 remasters then it would be interesting to buy, but they didnt even do that in the dbz budokai hd remake :C or atleast that is what it looks like right now.

and ther eis a resident evil remaster? D:
How does one get that kind of internal res? That's higher than 6x native....
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(10-02-2012, 01:52 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: How does one get that kind of internal res? That's higher than 6x native....

you can use a custom resolution in the gsdx option, it goes to 8192 x 8192 which is obviously insanely high and not notable compaired to lets say 4x native
(10-02-2012, 01:05 PM)warWeeny Wrote: if they implement an online function in the ps2 remasters then it would be interesting to buy, but they didnt even do that in the dbz budokai hd remake :C or atleast that is what it looks like right now.
Pff, at the age that they CONSTANTLY pull down servers one after the other, what makes you think that they would make a server for a dated game? (Yep I'm boycooting every single company that follows this tactic and a reason I left for good PS3 games because of the online pass thing, once a company adopts this formula of making me pay for online then pull the servers I just head and pirate the game even if I won't play the game just to raise the piracy statistics against them, nope I don't care if this is wrong, in my opinion it is) The whole industry is falling apart, it sounds funny but we should almost be happy with what we get. But we are not and that's good because their goal is to lower standars and fill us with mediocre-to-bad stuff yet ask us for the same money. Nope, sorry, the majority of your current and next generation costumers have standars that they won't change, you should change your tactics before it's too late financialy for your companies.

(10-02-2012, 01:05 PM)warWeeny Wrote: and ther eis a resident evil remaster? D:

The pack with RE4/RE:CVX is called that way, confusing but whatever... XD