D3D10 HW mode Crash
Exclamation 
I decided to try Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 in Windows 7(Home Premium) on my laptop. The emulator crashes after the intro. The game runs in DX9(Hardware/Software) and DX10(Software) - too slow unfortunately. The video card is Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family. I searched around and found out that DX10 HW mode automatically uses Pixel Shader 4.0(Source). I also found out that my card supports PS 4.0(Source). Then what's the problem? I was really looking forward to trying out Direct3D10. Sad

Laptop specs:
Intel Pentium T4500
Pentium R Dual Core CPU T4500 2.30Ghz
2GB DDR3 Memory
Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

*And it says I have DirectX 11.

P.S. What is 'Intel GMA 4500MHD'?

Sponsored links

Problem is your Intel card, you could try new drivers or downgrading them but if you want DX10 you may want a nvidia/ati card which probably isn't an option for a laptop.

Intel GMA 4500MHD is the graphics card, an integrated graphics solution. GMA stands for Graphics Media Accelerator and MHD... I don't know... Mobile High Definition maybe? Mobile HDMI? Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(12-10-2010, 02:34 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Problem is your Intel card, you could try new drivers or downgrading them but if you want DX10 you may want a nvidia/ati card which probably isn't an option for a laptop.

Intel GMA 4500MHD is the graphics card, an integrated graphics solution. GMA stands for Graphics Media Accelerator and MHD... I don't know... Mobile High Definition maybe? Mobile HDMI? Tongue2

Hmm... I could try something with the drivers(hope I don't break something). I just found this thread via google. Guess Intel cards may experience turbulence with PCSX2.
There seem to be External Graphics Accelerators for laptops but they're mainly for multi-monitor use, from what I read. And why isn't an nvidia/ati card an option for a laptop? Because it has integrated hardware and isn't a desktop on which you could easily attach it?
Oh, and how could upgrading/downgrading a graphics card driver help?
there isnt any room for an upgrade. there was external graphics cards for laptops released by people such as asus, but i havent seen them in ages, don't know if theyre still about
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Out of curiosity I decided to try a different game(Kim Possible What's the Switch) in DX10 mode. Same thing. Well... I can live with that.
Anyway, thanks for the attention. Happy