DBZ Budokai 3 most demanding game?
Yes I ahve used it if you rerad my post before lst. I just don't know to tell if its being downclocked in there or not. Do you know?
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

You might check gpu-z to be sure about gpu clocks, dunno about reliability of MSI afterburner, had some problems with it on some drivers myself and decided I just don't need it.

If it is driver problem it isn't really just yours, and it's not new either it was posted quite a few times in pcsx2 and dolphin forums. I think it's due to AMD power saving obsession and driver optimization for pc games, but might as well say amd drivers suck. It also seems to happen only on those higher end gpu's or at least it's more drastic on those.

Can't say it's for sure what's happening to you, it just seems most probable. In fact if it is a driver problem you could try a fairy stupid workaround that could work - turn on any pc game that uses hardware acceleration in a window and then checking if it doesn't allow you to use higher res;p. Normally with gpu limitation doing so would only decrease the max internal res you can use, but if it's a driver problem sitting in low power state it could help you force higher power state, since forcing it in external programs(like MSI afterburner) often doesn't work at all with amd drivers.
I already know I can use 1080P in all my PC games on ULTRA no less and them running like they should. BUt you want to load a PC game and use high graphic settings then minimize the game and then run PCSX2 with DBZ and see if that makes a difference? Is that what you're trying to say? Ok I'll try that and post back.
Here's a pic with everything running.

http://sadpanda.us/images/1560080-JKN1PRQ.jpg
I figured out what the problem was. It was the version of the emulator I was using. I was using 1.1 revision 5605. I just now tried it with 1.0 stable release and it works wonderfully. I get full 60FPS all the time on on 6x native (apart from the main menu) it all works well and good. So I think there's something going on with the later versions/revisions (how.whatever you want to call them). Also to not this is like this with all games I played on this revision. If I go back to 1.0 it works fine like it should. So its definitely a problem with the plugin or something with the emulator itself.

3rd edit. I tried it out with (DBZ) with 1.1 rev. 5452 and still get massive slowdowns. It seems like 1.0 is really the best one to use. Something got changed somewhere for sure in 1.1. I don't know what more to say. I just need to await answers from other people to deny or confirm this. If I am the only one experiencing this problem then it just doesn't make sense on what could be causing it. It all seems like its with the emulator itself and not with me.

4th edit and update. Latest revision of 5622 seems to have fixed the problem and is working like it should once again. So something mus of gotten goofed up with the driver/plugins with the emulator between 5605 and 5622. Although I still cant achieve 60fps at 6x native res but it stays above 50fps. GPU usage at 99% constantly during gameplay. 39% at menus or pause screen.
Final bump before I make a new topic...
Out of curiosity, why do you specifically need 6x native? After 4x native, the quality difference is minor in comparison to the strain it puts on yur hardware.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
Yeah games look pretty at 2x or 3x native with shade boost Smile
Did you notice GPU usage practically at 100% in MSI afterburner?

No wonder GS is pointing small values, it is stalling and then stalling the whole emulation. MSI afterburner should be showing the core clock bellow but GPUz is good telling it also so that shown in it is probably the correct value.

Conclusion, no way PCSX2 should be taking so much from that card... unless it is being "abused".

Still you showed nothing about the CPU, that's a common error to believe the graphics engine is the only responsible for low FPS, it's not so in emulation ever, it's not so even for CPU bound PCs.

The OP states it's an i5 core overclocked at 4.5 GHz, but could be this very overclock the reason for issues.

Let's put this clearly, fade2black. Because you got a really good system you don't know how to use it.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-01-2013, 06:31 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: Out of curiosity, why do you specifically need 6x native? After 4x native, the quality difference is minor in comparison to the strain it puts on yur hardware.

That's not the issue at hand anymore but to answer your question because I notice a difference between 4x and 6x.

What do you by strain on your hardware? You make it sound like if you keep it up it wont last as long. If this is what you mean then that is completely false. The hardware is meant to do that to begin with. Also from what you're saying do you play your games at lower settings (even though your GPU can handle it fine) just so it can "last longer?"