DBZ Budokai 3 slowdowns
Well, now tried this game, and it seemed to work fine at the beginning in general, but during ingame battles FPS go, if lucky, up to no more than 28, and like to slowdown too much even to 7. Is it normal or just a bad configuration?

Using GSdx 872m SSE2 with default settings, PEOPS CDVD, SPU2GHz with default settings, all options checked in CPU settings, no speed hacks checked.

Sponsored links

Your pc is most likely simply too weak. At any rate, go and post you config...
Too weak? I knew that speed was not the most powerful but I thought it was definitely not bad...

Regarding my specs, I'm using the listed plugins with their default settings (in the computer I'm right now I can't post pictures because it's hell slow).

Speed depends from game to game. Some games which you may think simple actually are very heavy for the emulator.

I am simply assuming that this game is one of them, but maybe someone else will be able to help you
(02-02-2009, 06:31 AM)ZLRK Wrote: Well, now tried this game, and it seemed to work fine at the beginning in general, but during ingame battles FPS go, if lucky, up to no more than 28, and like to slowdown too much even to 7. Is it normal or just a bad configuration?

Using GSdx 872m SSE2 with default settings, PEOPS CDVD, SPU2GHz with default settings, all options checked in CPU settings, no speed hacks checked.

I think the speed u are getting in budokai 3 is a bit slow. I used to play the game alot with e2160@3 ghz and it ran around 50 fps PAL , depending on the map I played on.
By the way , I used to play it with ZeroGS Kosmos 0.97.1 because it emulates dbz b3 better than GSDX and it was alot faster in speed too. For sound i used ZeroGS also.
Settings for ZeroGS: Interlance enabled; No color clamping; Fast update; No target resolves; Disable Alpha testing; Partial targets -> these options checked, the rest unchecked.
Fast Update has the biggest speed impact.
Also you should turn on all speed hacks because the game works with them.
Well, even with latest beta, all those ZeroGS configs and speed hacks enabled, didn't make a change in fps. Sorry for testing too late, I didn't have time before.

@ZLRK, your computer is "OK" for normal PC games, but for Pcsx, you need atleast 3ghz duo CPU.

With your current system you should be getting 40-55fps in Budokai Tenkaichi 3. (that game is really popular.. lol)

anyways, make sure you use Gsdx plugin and play on SSE2, Direct3D10 mode.

I use to play Tenkaichi 3 on a 2.4ghz speed CPU and I was only able to get 40-55fps in Direct3D10 mode. Then I overclocked my CPU to 3.2ghz, and now it runs at 65-85fps easily.
[Image: a0iic2.png]
Vista Home Premium 64-bit | E8500 @4.2GHz (526x8) ~1.30V
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P | 4Gb 1066mhz Corsair XMS2
Radeon HD 4850 OC 10% | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC
Antec Nine Hundred | Antec Earthwatts 500w
@Creamsoda: well, I was actually talking about DBZ Budokai 3, not Budokai Tenkaichi 3. But thank you for sharing that; now I know I'd probably get very good speeds in Tenkaichi 3...

I still take in consideration what Krakatos said, it could depend from game to game. For example I have no speed issues with FFX or RE4.

budokai * is very intensive, and will take a 3.0 or higher dual core most likely, don't expect higher than 10fps in this game
(02-11-2009, 01:42 AM)Saiki Wrote: budokai * is very intensive, and will take a 3.0 or higher dual core most likely, don't expect higher than 10fps in this game

I know my system isn't powerful anymore, but don't underestimate too much... I get in fact around 28 fps ingame, even without speedhacks. Speedhacks may give 2 or 3 fps more.