DBZ IW at 60 FPS but not at the same time? :/
Hello all.
Im trying to play DBZ Infinite World, but i have a little problem..
In the FPS Counter of PCSX2 says "60 fps" at all time, but in battles, my characters moves slow :/
The music sounds perfectly, the menus are perfectly, the only wrong and weird thing is that: characters running slow when the game is running at 60 FPS :/
Im using the PAL Version (It happens exactly the same with DBZ Budokai 3 AF, a NTSC Game)
Im using the 1.1.0 version with the plugin GSdx 5334 (MSVC 16.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx32-sse2-r5350] because with it i can run DBZ BT3 at 60 FPS most of the time
Can you help me? D:

Cya~

Sponsored links

Disable all speedhacks to know the real fps.
Speedhacks tend to fake fps counter.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-18-2014, 09:46 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Disable all speedhacks to know the real fps.
Speedhacks tend to fake fps counter.

Ok, now it tells "30 FPS", how can i make the game running in 60 fps then? :/
by getting a good PC ?
(02-18-2014, 10:30 AM)Lunos Wrote: Ok, now it tells "30 FPS", how can i make the game running in 60 fps then? :/

This can't be answered without knowing your machine specs.

As already advised, the problem is in excess speedhacs. VU cycle stealing is the main responsible for that laggy behavior sacrificing actual game action for increased number of frames showing less actual changes in them.

So, try activating the speedhacks step by step till getting the best compromise. If not possible to get acceptable performance, sorry to say but you need to upgrade your hardware.
Imagination is where we are truly real
When I used speedhacks on infinite world my characters still moved at the right pace but the animation was choppy. Though I mostly tried EE cycle rate hack.

EDIT: just tested with my game, VU cycle stealing set to 1 didnt act up at all. Dont use 2 or 3 because those mess up the tempo.

EE cycle rate hack doesnt have any negative impact.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
(02-18-2014, 10:36 AM)jesalvein Wrote: by getting a good PC ?

Why should I?
I can perfectly run DBZ BT3 as i said in the main post, so DBZ IW, a game with less graphics than DBZ BT3 should run very well in my PC :/

(02-18-2014, 10:38 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: This can't be answered without knowing your machine specs.

Really sorry dude, that was my fault:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+
2,6 GHz 2 GB in RAM
Video NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 1GB
Windows XP SP3 x86

Cya~
(02-18-2014, 10:39 PM)Lunos Wrote: Why should I?
I can perfectly run DBZ BT3 as i said in the main post, so DBZ IW, a game with less graphics than DBZ BT3 should run very well in my PC :/
Lol. That's not how it works. it's all a matter of the way the original source was coded. Whether the gfx are more or less beautiful doesn't really matter.
Quote:Really sorry dude, that was my fault:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+
2,6 GHz 2 GB in RAM
Video NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 1GB
Windows XP SP3 x86
you confirmed my previous statement Smile
I can also confirm that Budokai 3 and Infinite World are more demanding than Tenkaichi 3.

I test most of my games on my laptop too and both, B3 and IW run at 10 FPS with no speedhacks while BT3 runs around 30-40.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
(02-18-2014, 11:35 PM)Thewonderboy Wrote: I can also confirm that Budokai 3 and Infinite World are more demanding than Tenkaichi 3.

I test most of my games on my laptop too and both, B3 and IW run at 10 FPS with no speedhacks while BT3 runs around 30-40.

u_u ... Well.. guess ill wait to have money and buy a new processor, more ram and maybe upgrading to W8, hopefully in two or three years ill be able to use PCSX2 perfectly, thanks for the info Smile