DEP preventing game from being played(FF7 Dirge of Cerberus)
Shocked 
problem: DEP or data execution prevention is Blocking a game.
It crashes the game because of some concerns regarding cpu.I THINK

game is Final Fantasy 7 Dirge of Cerberus

my specs

pentium ® Dual core 2.6ghz
ram 2gb
nvidia geforce 9400 gt 1gb

PCSX2 V.0.9.6

HERE IT GOES..
THE GAMES INTRO IS GOOD BUT WHEN ITS UP TO LOAD THE GAMES TITLE SCREEN IT CRASHES DOWN.

NOTE: I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN THE TITLE SCREEN WHEN I FIRST RUN THE GAME. AHH I SHOULD CHOSEN NEW GAME SO I COULD HAVE A SAVE FOR IT

AND A WINDOWS WARNINGS STATES THAT
"WINDOWS DEP HAS BLOCKED THIS APPLICATION (PCSX2.EXE)".

BUT IN MY VERY FIRST TRY I WAS ABLE TO GO TO THE TITLE SCREEN
AND HEAD TO THE TUTORIALS MENU.THEN THERE I WAS PLAYING THE GAME!THEN I THOUGHT OF EXITING THE TRAINING MODE. THEN I HIT START AND SELECTED QUIT. OF COURSE IT WILL GO TO TITLE SCREEN RIGHT?SO I CAN CHOOSE NEW GAME AND REALLY START THE GAME..SOME ANIMATIONS APPEAR LIKE THE INTRO OF ff7 dIRGE oF cERBERUS.

THEN..IT CRASHES...
I EXIT THE EMU AND RUN IT AGAIN..FILE _RUN

THE INTRO IS STILL THERE..BUT SAME THING HAPPENS IT LOADS TITLE SCREEN...

BUT I REMEMBERED I SAVED THE GAME WITH F1!
SO I LOAD IT..F3

THEN IT TAKES ME BACK TO WHERE I SAVED THE GAME PREVIOUSLY!!
NO CRASH I CAN EVEN GO TO OTHER TRAINING AREAS..

THEN ILL QUIT AGAIN TO GO TO TITLE SCREEN AND PICK NEW GAME..

WELL YOU GUESSED IT ...IT CRASHED....
SAME DEP THING AGAIN..

ADMINS PLEASE HELP ME.AND SOME OTHER PLAYERS MIGHT EXPERIENCE THIS PROBLEM TOO..
NOTE:I ACTUALL SAW THE TITLE SCREEN WHEN I FIRST PLAYED THE GAME STARTING FROM INTRO.I SHOULDVE CHOSE NEW GAME..

.THANKS.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 14400006.gif]

Blink hey am i under surveillance?

Sponsored links

i dont see any dep thing in your image though... use 1888 and march plugins it works fine for me there (except some graphical glitches and slow speed, with your pc i dont think you will be able to play the game at full speed. i cant... )
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
If you have a DEP problem, then why don't you just deactivate it, or add pcsx2 to its exception list ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
i think there must be a problem with his cpu or windows. i have DEP on and it has never even one time popped up, and i dont think it has ever happened in pcsx2 0.9.6 and above in anyone!. are you sure you downloaded the pcsx2 from this forum or the official pcsx2 site? if not there are high chances dep is right cause what you downloaded and installed maybe has malware virus or something bad...
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
i already tried to go in advanced settings and disable it. but windows vista said dep should be enabled for this program. it wont let me disable it.
its not my psxc2 because my copies are legit. and were downloaded from the site.pcsx2.net..
it only happens when i played ff7 dirge of ceberus..
i tried to play my other games ...final fantasy x and dragonball z ..when i played these games there is no crash or any problem..i can even go to this games title screen respectively and no crash..

i think i can logically say that maybe the problem is with the game..because if i mount other games all are ok..

but i played this FF7 DOC a while ago, i even saw the title screen and all.
if i run it now and press f3 it will load the saved game i made in the training mode..but then if i quit to title screen itll crash.

as i said use 1888 and march plugins it may not do that there...
i had played games that never crashed because of dep

do i have to uninstall 0.9.6 install beta and march plugins?
already have march plugins here..but not installed

here is my screen shots of FFX which doesnt crash on my pcsx2 meaning i have clean emu

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...#pid113948
thanks

actualy the funy thing that is on win7 even if DEP disabled Final Fantasy 7 Dirge of Cerberus crashes
broblem is even on pcsx2 3053 build
in winxp there is no problem
<<< [AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.6 GHz][ASUS GTX275][HDD 5TB][8Gb RAM] WinXP (x86) & Win7 (x64) >>>
no you dont have to uninstall anything you can use as many emulators as you want together
ah so ill just install it in a different directory right?..thanks

ok ill try to install it now the beta 1888 right? and march 10 plugins?
i have both ...

ill try