DIRGE OF CERBERUS: FINAL FANTASY VII
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

I'm playing with Dirge of Cerberus too and everything is OK with my game it's not running slowly and laggy but the sound does.... so what can i do? it's very annoying and i can't hear anything from the game... please help me i really want to play with this game!!!!!! HuhBlush

Thanks (sry for my bad english)
"If you can't forget the past, it will prevent you from going forward..."

Sponsored links

(04-27-2009, 04:43 PM)Register Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 02:59 PM)blaze_spirit Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 10:26 AM)Register Wrote: no special setting for this game if you meant it to play that game at decent speed or FULL Fps only Overclock CPU or buy high end cpu can help that.

did u think O'C my E2200 will increase in fps ? it is worth to O'C it ? how much fps will i get after O'c it to about 3.0 ghz?? hope u can tell me this.Tongue
Oke, first i think C2D CPU is better than AMD X2 clock per clock especially in pcsx2 emulation. i just try this game with latest pcsx2 beta r.1059 and this my report :

My specs CPU AMD X2 @3.1ghz and GPU ATI HD.3870 512mb
play in OS Vista Sp.1 in direct.10 mode :
my plugins :
- Gsdx r.1006 0.1.15 set to native res
- gigahertzcdvd
- SPU-X-1.1
- etc (not really important)

My settings :
- Cpu option to limit/at.60fps WITHOUT "Vu skip" in option dude
- Speed hacks option : x2 cycle rates, INTC ON, IOPx2 ON, i loop ON,
Vucycle OFF and ON set to moderate.
- Advance option : FtZ and DaZ both enable in EE recs and vu recs, Round
mode to chop/zero, clamp mode to NONE in EE recs and Vu recs.

1. Fps result WITHOUT vucycle Stealing in option at 24fps to 31fps, see pictures below :

2. Fps result WITH Vucycle Stealing in option at 41fps to 60fps, see pictures below :

Final Conclution = I think with your specs especially if you overclock your C2D CPU at.3Ghz or above can handle this game more better than mine.
NOTE : this game doesnt well in picture but fair enough and i try this game in short time so i dont know if this game already full compatible or not with Pcsx2 emuation.

and what kind of configuration do you use? because i have a problem with the sound... the cinematic movies are lagging on my computer but the sound goes normally and then repeating itself until the movie gets to the place where that sound really is... well i can't really explain it better sorry... oh and if i don't play it windowed the cinematic movies are striped and glittering...

my cpu is intel core 2 cpu 2.1 ghz
my video card is nvidia 9800 gt and i have 4 gb RAM.... please help me i don't know what to do...

Well it's an old thread but you can see the settings Register used with a PCSX2 beta, and you have to take in count in what is a much better CPU than yours Register was still not getting perfect emulation so it's easy to see why yours cant either and the sound problem is probably related to the fact you cant run the game fast enough.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
so there isn't any way for me to play with this? Sad Ohmy

Try Register's settings on the latest beta and decide if it's playable enough for you.
Well, not wanting to make a new thread of this game, I just got it and wanted to try it too (along with Onimusha), however, I've been experiencing a few issues... specially with the FMVs. They have choppy sound and with the fastest settings I could get (all speed hacks enabled on Beta, microVU, no frame limiting (normal) and DX10 through software with native resolution and the possible checks disabled, using GSDX svn SSE4.1 and SPU2-X, all I could get was an almost playable FMV.

Of course, out of 60fps ("common" PS2 speed?), every 59th frame there was a black frame... almost epileptic if you ask me, but hey, I could get past it without much trouble, though the sound was really unbearable with all the delay. The FPS counter went around 110-130 FPS, so it seems the video plays a lot faster than 60fps.

The intro and the game overall seem to have a small problem at the right half of the screen, as it seems its buffer isn't being clear at each frame, making it blend everything that has been drawn on it :/

Aside from the choppy sound/stuttering, gameplay was 60fps at all times excluding a girl's voice in the intro which came skipped as in the FMVs and well, I figured Vincent needs to get new gloves, because he couldn't hold his grip on the ladder and ended up stuck behind it. Shame though, it seemed to be a good game Sad.

Is there any known fix to the greasy ladder bug? I can't get past the first part if it isn't fixed :/ I tried changing CPU options (to see if it had anything to do with the virtual CPU processing, you know) and it didn't help at all, in fact, it just helped to deform the game geometry around at will, making it look ugly Tongue.
..:: Core2Duo E7500 OC @ 3.23 Ghz | 9800GTX+ 512Mb GDDR2 | 2GB DDR2 800 | Win7 x64 ::..
(09-03-2009, 03:33 AM)DARKGuy Wrote: Is there any known fix to the greasy ladder bug? I can't get past the first part if it isn't fixed :/ I tried changing CPU options (to see if it had anything to do with the virtual CPU processing, you know) and it didn't help at all, in fact, it just helped to deform the game geometry around at will, making it look ugly Tongue.

Should work as soon as you're using the beta... what's your advanced/cpu/speedhack settings?
(09-03-2009, 06:30 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
(09-03-2009, 03:33 AM)DARKGuy Wrote: Is there any known fix to the greasy ladder bug? I can't get past the first part if it isn't fixed :/ I tried changing CPU options (to see if it had anything to do with the virtual CPU processing, you know) and it didn't help at all, in fact, it just helped to deform the game geometry around at will, making it look ugly Tongue.

Should work as soon as you're using the beta... what's your advanced/cpu/speedhack settings?

Well, I took the time to check with a few plugins after my post. The ZeroGS 0.97.1 + P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0 is a good combination for a not-very-skippy FMV. It still goes around 110-120 which makes the sound skip a little, but at least it isn't that bad. ZeroGS also removed the FMV flickering, so my eyes were thankful Tongue. I couldn't reach too far ingame though, it was -way- too slow, but I tried to go up the ladder and failed once again Sad

My settings are:

GSdx 1650 (MSVC 16.00, SSE41) 0.1.15
* 640x480@75
* D3D10 (Hard & Soft)
* No interlacing
* 4:3 aspect
* D3D native
* 1 SW rend. threads (when in Soft)
* Texture filter
* Log(z)
* FBA
* Window
* No Wait VSync
* No AA
* No blur effect

P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
* Medium volume
* 0 Reverb
* 0 Interpolation
* Enable thread mode

CDVDolio 0.1.0 with ISO mounted

CPU
* VU0 & 1 rec
* microVU0 & 1
* MTGS
* EERec
* Normal frame limiting

Speed hacks
* All enabled, X2 rate & VU cycle stealing at max.

Advanced
* RM: Chop/zero (both)
* CM: None (both)
* FtZ & DaZ checked on both.

Anything else just ask, I'm dying to keep going, but damn ladder! :/
..:: Core2Duo E7500 OC @ 3.23 Ghz | 9800GTX+ 512Mb GDDR2 | 2GB DDR2 800 | Win7 x64 ::..
Quote:but I tried to go up the ladder and failed once again

you mean the ladder right after killing the first two guys at the begining of the game? Last time I checked (the PAL-ESP version of the game on pcsx2 0.9.5 svn 377) I managed to pass that ladder by disabling patches and starting the game again (I dont remember but maybe I also tryed Run-execute without the patch)

Also, without the pnach, the game had japanese subtitles Blink...
Disbale microVU, set clamp modes to normal and try again.