Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DN Forver... why is it hated so much?
**Please no spoilers**

Why was Duke Nukem Forver hated so much? well I've played Duke Nukem 3d and I loved it. I know that Duke Nukem was a game that every fan of the series was waiting for (and had high expectations). So I’ve been playing DN Forever for a few days and I like it – it is not bad but not the best. So why all of the negative reception?

Sponsored links

No game can live up to 10 years of hype.
Haha perfectly described in one sentence. Agreed with above Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
^Any other reason?!

EDIT: it still seems like people are being too harsh on the game... the game (for me any way) plays smooth as silk, the graphics are awesome, Duke feels like Duke (with all of his lines and what not), and the game is very fun for me so far.
Duke feels like duke?

please, do tell me how a gimped arsenal feels like duke.
I'm really disappointed that duke nukem reloaded was shelved. :c
I had my share of fun with the series back in the 90s but compared to something like Modern Warfare DNF is garbage. All the cheesy one-liners in the world can't make up for boring gameplay
(07-24-2012, 10:50 PM)YumiLovesMe Wrote: ^Any other reason?!

EDIT: it still seems like people are being too harsh on the game... the game (for me any way) plays smooth as silk, the graphics are awesome, Duke feels like Duke (with all of his lines and what not), and the game is very fun for me so far.

You're not talking about Duke now are you? The game was unfinished, clunky and the graphics looked horribly dated with terrible animation.

As for the game it didn't know what it was, a blow everything up half life puzzle wanna be game.

As for Duke, Duke 3d was legendary, dnf was just crude for the sake of being crude, to the point it wwasnt actually funny.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
heh, DNR should have been kickstarted.
DNF wasn't bad. It was very innovative, from a technical standpoint. However, the actual game is a clumsily edited together mess. Over 15 years of development, the engine changed multiple times, the plot changed, teams changed, etc. Gearbox, who took over. edited together the various levels in a semi-coherent order. (Gearbox also wanted to add a gay robot sidekick, but that idea quickly got shot down.)

DNF walks the fine line of satire. Really, the difference between offensive and funny is often in the minds of the audience. DNF is full of tasteless jokes, but I don't think it's at any point mean, or hateful towards women. Duke loves women. A lot. Duke hates violence against women. Sure, it's because he's a self-obsessed hornbag, but the fact remains.