Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DQ Translations Grand Opening
Good news, everyone! Site dedicated to the fan translations of the Dragon Quest series is now finally opened! www.dqtranslations.com

Sponsored links

too bad dragon quest games are the most generic and boring jRPGs ever made ;p
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
(11-19-2009, 11:00 PM)nataq01 Wrote: too bad dragon quest games are the most generic and boring jRPGs ever made ;p

Don't you dare to offend my beloved DQ VIII! jRPG are obviously the best rpg ever made (in general Tongue)
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
I am very much pro JRPG... It is impossible for me to enjoy games like Oblivion and Dragon Age... believe me I've tried...

That said, Dragon Quest games have lost a ton of their charm over the years. They haven't really evolved at all in 20 years... and for those that rely purely on nostalgia when playing that series it works great... but at times I crave some creativity and novelty... Neither of which DQ is known for.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I love Morrowind and Oblivion xD

I only somewhat like DQ8, every other dragon quest is kind of boring and weird. I mean you've to wander around for such a long time and run into billions of battles and it's like final fantasy except with non-creative enemies/many repeating enemies and not so great graphics. I liked FF7 graphics more than DQ8 graphics.

Smile But more power to you I guess xD Iunno, I thought this was about Dairy Queen when I first saw it.
Currently Playing on PCSX2: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ @ 2.1 Ghz and Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE (Playable isn't full speed)
Oblivion sucks balls. Nuff said. Many other Wrpgs rock, but Bethesda post 2003 just. Yeah,... gone from good to stupid.

Anyway,...

Generic, the same????? If I have to name a series which had so many changes in coregameplay and how a story was handled. I would name DQ. Did you guys even play the older ones like DQ 3 or 5??????????

Well, the best point to say about the DQ series is, that you don't play even one emo-kid (And yes, people that has become a chlichee looooooooooooooooong ago. Even if you just can't accept it Smile )

That, it's overall hardcoreness and it's good story without making a lot of meaningless ***** around the story like some other jrpgs (For all those people. Here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage <-it's more for tv shows. Yes, but it will show you how much "original" the plotpoints/characters of newer jrpgs/anime series really are) and a lot more make this a game series that still hasn't lost their balls.

So, for the best jrpgs there are! Over 20 years and still fxxxx sweet like in the beginning Dragon quest!!!
xD I can't really agree with the "without making a lot of meaningless ***** around the story" part. >.> I remember having to go back and forth doing very very stupid small little quests that took forever to complete while trying to get the air ship in DQ8.
Currently Playing on PCSX2: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ @ 2.1 Ghz and Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE (Playable isn't full speed)
(11-21-2009, 01:10 AM)Tetsero Wrote: xD I can't really agree with the "without making a lot of meaningless ***** around the story" part. >.> I remember having to go back and forth doing very very stupid small little quests that took forever to complete while trying to get the air ship in DQ8.

Didn't mean gameplay, but useless dialog and pseudo-philosophy/psychology.

Gameplay is very different from game to game since the SNES ages. Well, it is a little less complicate maybe.

The post was meant to be a little over the top but, I'm sure you noticed that.Laugh