DQ8 (and some others) graphics cut out.
I'll do my best to supply as much information as I can...
I'm playing DQ8 right now on Pcsx 1.2.1 off an ISO.
The game itself works fine, no problem playing it as far as FPS or any of that goes. However, when there are /certain/ cut-scenes, the game shows some black rendered pixels on top of an all yellow screen. (Not all cut-scenes do this, just some... one from the Statues Eyes and then the recent one where Angelo is talking about the Abott, if you're familiar with the game.) The words and letters from talking show up fine though. I can take a picture if needed.

I tried to adjust all the plugin' settings and video settings (one at a time though) to see if I could get it to show up. I feel I'm missing some key story points if I can't see the scenes... haha.

My specs for PC (as per dxdiag)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Intel® Core™ i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs) ~3.3GHz
8192 RAM
Direct X 11
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 ~4000MB Memory

Config for PCSX2 1.2.1 (These I haven't really adjusted so it's kind of whatever it set up with when I installed it)

Adapter: Default Hardware Device
Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)
Interlacing: Auto
Original Ps2 Reslution (native)

Only boxes checked under Hardware Mode Settings are:
Logarithmic Z
and
Alpha Correction

I hope that was enough info... maybe too much.
Just want the cut-scenes to show... any suggestions?

Sponsored links

It's a known problem with all hardware renderers of GSdx. Press F9 to switch to a software renderer temporarily, then F9 again to go back to hardware when the cutscene is over
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I did not know this. I will give that a shot in a moment and post if it worked. Thank you kindly for the information though.
That worked perfectly... Cut scenes clear as day.
If I may ask though, what's the difference between the two (F9's: Software vs. Hardware)? {Eg, why switch back if it works?}

Trivial question though, feel free to ignore. Thank you so much for the help.
In software mode you cannot use custom resolutions (only native) and it uses only your CPU for rendering, instead of your GPU. Thus it is usually much slower, albeit more accurate.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ahhh. I did notice a drop in FPS. Any rate, thank you very much for the help. Should make the stories to some of my games more followable now.