DQVIII fix for jumping textures
Maybe this is a game about drug consumption and the HW mode is right...

Sponsored links

(03-08-2015, 06:22 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: that video was done over 2 years ago too. on really old build too

I have none of the issue the OP is referring too.

There are issue with GSDX rendering in alot games, but not the ones OP is talking about i in this game on my end.

Flickering issue was nvidia driver issue that was sorted out, just like some people have purple/black box on some items and characters that was is DX 9 issue that DX11 fixes. and last i checked the rainbow looking waterfall in the cave and walls was DX 9 that should be fixed by dx 11 path cause that fixed alot graphical issue with this game on my end.

DX9 pathway is was always graphicly glitch in this game so was 10, 11 path way fix most the issue, so yes changing the backend can radical change how things look.

OP still still has yet to even tell use what his specs are and what settings are being used, with out he wont get much more help.

My specs and settings are the third post.
turn of 8 bit textures there no reason for it really be used.

Rainbow effect is not there on DX11 hw if your card is not dx 11 is still doing 10 regardless of rtss
(03-08-2015, 11:07 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: turn of 8 bit textures there no reason for it really be used.

Rainbow effect is not there on DX11 hw if your card is not dx 11 is still doing 10 regardless of rtss

My card supports DX11 and is using DX11 hardware. The rainbow effects are still there. 8 bit textures don't make a difference on or off.
I see no problem with the water or rainbow effect, on hardware, other then shadows missing which does bother me

If you want more photos you gona have to wait till i have more time to spend on restarting the game again

HW
software

HW
software

HW
software

HW
software
(03-09-2015, 12:07 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: I see no problem with the water or rainbow effect, on hardware, other then shadows missing which does bother me

If you want more photos you gona have to wait till i have more time to spend on restarting the game again

HW
software

HW
software

HW
software

HW
software

That's the wrong location the rainbow effect doesn't show up there. Only at the large waterfall cavern where the merman is.
Redacted
texture seem issue is nothing new it happen alot games, which is a SCALING ISSUE, which is not limited to this game... which why in software it not there, scaling in not perfect. some times there hacks to work around this another times there isnt. in which case there nothing that can be done, unless you want to try to do make better scaling algorithm for gsdx. which has been tried and those attempts didnt get to far cause that had other issue.

Most people ignore lil things like that cause in software mode the game are just ugly and people would rather ingore lil glitch to have beter picture. if want it to be exactly like it was on the ps2 play it on ps2

As for the merman cave, till i have time to actual get there i dont have picture to show of that...
Except that texture seam issues occur in native hardware mode, not just in scaling. I mean....... I almost just want to tell you to stop replying until you back up your claims further more. Just remember, you're speaking to someone who's been apart of this forum for almost as long as you have. Please, just stop.
(03-09-2015, 02:45 AM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: Except that texture seam issues occur in native hardware mode, not just in scaling. I mean....... I almost just want to tell you to stop replying until you back up your claims further more. Just remember, you're speaking to someone who's been apart of this forum for almost as long as you have. Please, just stop.

Dude its it HW mode issue HW mode IS NOT PERFECT and a is side effect and main reason that cause most graphical glitchs you understand that right? or you just nitpicking over something that is trivial... seriously if bother you that much play in software mode with horrid looking graphics. but please go ahead and nitpick of something lil like that.

As for the merman room f9 and software mode are the only options. it like that under all HW settings even in opengl... never notice simply cause it dont bother me do game looks horrid to me in software so i glad ingored it guess.

Seeing as i 20hours in to this that waterfall issue probably only glaring graphicly issue I seen in hw. unless you want to start nitpicking like certain some one

Nor is GSDX really worked on out side opengl/opencl at this point. seeing we have minimalist dev crew atm.