DS3 Left Analog stick doesn't register being pulled down properly (Y-axis)
I'm using the XInput wrapper on Windows 7, for context. This happens both when the device is hooked up via USB and via Bluetooth.

The title says it all, really. Whenever I try and move my DS3's analog stick directly down, the controller doesn't register it properly, and instead jolts between the direction being "registered" briefly and not being registered at all. The result of this is that any action that involves moving around in games leaves me incapable of moving directly towards the camera without my character stuttering between idle and walking animations.

It only seems to happen when the X-axis is exactly neutral, and the Y-axis is negative.

I'd put it down to a physical issue with the gamepad, but this issue doesn't exist at all when it's paired with my Android tablet- both analog sticks function perfectly. It only acts up like this on Windows- and a full reformat/reinstallation of the OS hasn't solved the issue. Trying to calibrate the controller in Control Panel doesn't affect a thing- the issue persists regardless.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this/how to fix it? Even knowing where to look would help.

Sponsored links

Is this only happening with pcsx2 or also with other programs? Can you see the same idle/moving-stuttering in the gamepad configuration of windows?
(07-07-2015, 08:26 PM)willkuer Wrote: Is this only happening with pcsx2 or also with other programs? Can you see the same idle/moving-stuttering in the gamepad configuration of windows?

It's happening with other programs, yes- and it shows up in Windows' gamepad configuration, as well.

Some of the first things I tested, I'm afraid- I just haven't got a clue where to go from here.
I fear it could be an hardware error then. Do you use a cheap reproduction of the ds3 or an official one?

I think there is a dinput wrapper for the ds3 somewhere in this forum. Give that one a try. If you get the same problem I would say your controller is broken.