DS4 To XInput Wrapper
Ok Thanks

Sponsored links

(01-23-2014, 07:18 PM)InhexSTERgradient is 346072 Wrote:Yes it's totally possible. It would require another control for it in GUI. its the fact that the GUI really needs a remake to fit so many new features. It needs to be simple yet allow a lots of controls. It's getting pretty messy already. I also want to have ability to change green/red to other colors

I implemented those things, you just need to edit the configuration file manually to set the empty color. The battery fade gradient lets you define both the full and empty colors.
I am towards that SCPServer should eventually have no configuration GUI related to LED/Rumble/Button mappings. It should simply be parsing config files
There should be separate sleek looking tool that would allow you to configure everything. That way it can be done even in different language
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
(01-23-2014, 07:24 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: Exclusive Mode (Hide DS4 Controller Checked)
This mode attempts to grab fully exclusive read/write rights to DS4 (Wireless Controller). So no other app will be able to read from it. This makes it disappear from the list of controllers. Known to cause freezes with some applications like Uplay, Teamspeak, etc on Windows versions prior to 8.1

Shared Mode (Hide DS4 Controller Unchecked)
This is more compatible mode it does not require any special access rights to DS4 controller, it will remain in the system. The problem with it is that some game like FIFA 14 and some other receive dual input from DS4 and X360 Controller. It also prevents freezes with some applications, like UPlay for example.

Checkbox will switch the mode and restarts the X360 Controller.

Usage cases:
So if you had problems with UPlay, start the tool make sure it does not hide controller, then star Uplay and AC3, AC4 or other uplay games
Assasin's Creed 3,4 allow you to choose which controller is being used in options.

If you want to go back to exclusive mode to play games that have dual input issues:
Make sure Upay, Teamspeak and some other application that might use DS4 Wireless Controller are not running
Switch on Hide DS4 Controller and there will be no more dual input

Why not call the checkbox compatibility mode ?

(01-23-2014, 06:57 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: I suggest making auto-update feature from the tool rather than installer, as so far the only 3 files changing is exe, scpcontrol.dll and hidlibrary.dll

Cant understand the difference. But its hard without any Webservice call to make an autoupdater.
(01-23-2014, 09:16 PM)Floeee Wrote: Why not call the checkbox compatibility mode ?

Cant understand the difference. But its hard without any Webservice call to make an auto updater.

With the installer you have to go to some website download new installer.exe then do update or uninstall/install, way more hassle vs 1 button click from the tool
Regarding checkbox i prefer to hide as much technical stuff from regular user as possible

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
I registered only to offer my contribution to the cause Laugh , if necessary i can help both coding and interface.
Floeee what are you thinking about for the interface? I was thinking of doing it in WPF with MVVM pattern like i do all works stuff.
Some basic feature i was planning are definetly the option to work as a service and a dynamic tray icon (probable use case: battery indicator).
Tomorrow at work i should find some time to create a stub to work on the weekend.

Is everyone ok with that (specially Floeee, i don't want to step on your feet, man!) the best idea for me is probably to work separately for a couple of day and then combine the best of both app.
(01-23-2014, 10:26 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: I registered only to offer my contribution to the cause Laugh , if necessary i can help both coding and interface.
Floeee what are you thinking about for the interface? I was thinking of doing it in WPF with MVVM pattern like i do all works stuff.
Some basic feature i was planning are definetly the option to work as a service and a dynamic tray icon (probable use case: battery indicator).
Tomorrow at work i should find some time to create a stub to work on the weekend.

Is everyone ok with that (specially Floeee, i don't want to step on your feet, man!) the best idea for me is probably to work separately for a couple of day and then combine the best of both app.

From what i've seen of WPF it can definitely look great. I would love to be able to automate the creation of GUI if new attributes have to be added though.
Maybe something like a Tree View with controllers being a parent nodes and then each new element like LED Color and so is a child of that element.
and on the right side the panel with controls for each node in treeView

@Electrobrain
You might be stalling your threads for other controllers by using Montitor.Enter(this) in ProcessData
you locking bus device so 2nd worker will not going to be able to acquire it until 1st thread finishes
So your read for multiple controllers becomes sequential.

As to my knowledge disconnecting device physically while read is happing will make it not return from ReadFile and your code will be stuck in a locked portion (processData)
therefore, clicking stop would trigger deadlock while its trying to do Monitor.Enter(this) , hence freeze of the app

Another suggestion would be pulling handling touchpad/mouse/keyboard code into a separate class as its a lot of external/helper methods.

So, these were working perfectly fine for me until I just updated to the final 1.1 beta and now everything is backwards... I've tried fully un-installing and re-installing but I cant seem to fix it... Like I said, it was working perfectly fine now it doesn't with the final beta. I tried going back to the old one I had and it's doing the same backwards buttons thing.

Anyone know a fix?
(01-23-2014, 10:33 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: From what i've seen of WPF it can definitely look great. I would love to be able to automate the creation of GUI if new attributes have to be added though.
Maybe something like a Tree View with controllers being a parent nodes and then each new element like LED Color and so is a child of that element.
and on the right side the panel with controls for each node in treeView

Not sure if i understand correctly your request, are you suggesting that, for example, if you in a remote future will add the possibility to enable the speaker it will almost automagically add the option on the menu?

Technically it should be feasible, but without some sort of external file to look for attributes it will be hard (a lot), slow and not too good looking to almost completely automate the view.

We should probably need to find a middle ground or something, first of all i will try to create a base prototipe that should simulate what i have in mind, then we can figure something after the weekend Laugh