DS4 To XInput Wrapper
(03-03-2014, 04:57 PM)kvazar412 Wrote: after pressing start-button nothing happens (log window was clear). also, when i opened ScpServer today it started without log window and pressing start button still don't give any result

any thoughts?

**first try to connect by cable**
http://s30.postimg.org/r7x454idt/DS4_1.png

now an aim to connect PC wth DS4 by cable (i'll try to solve the problem with BT later)

Did you install SCP Driver and what version of windows you have 32/64 bit?
Latest version: DS4 1.2.2
Development: DS4 1.3 RC3

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.

Sponsored links

I am suffering a couple of bugs. I don't know if they are known. In any case, I'm willing to collaborate to try to solve them.

Connection type: Both
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64
DS4 Tool Version: 1.2.2
Exclusive/Shared mode: Usually shared, I think in I've seen the problem on both

Bug#1: DS4tool makes the directinput device disappear -with the option to hide it disabled- and won't make the xpinut device appear.

Description: The application will show that the ps4 controller is connected and everything is ok, but the xinput device won't appear. If I close ds4tool the directinput device will reappear and work, but if I reopen ds4tool there will not be any directinput/xinput device. Once this bug is hit it won't be solved until the pc is reboot.

Hot to trigger: I'm not completely sure. I think it is related to the second bug (responsiveness bug). If I'm seeing the gamepad unresponsive and turn off bt and then on it may cause this bug, or if I stay a while without inputting something in the gamepad... I have to look more into this if necessary. By the way, it is maybe related. If I enable the touchpad emulation, the touchpad will work, but the gamepad won't work, if this shouldn't happen maybe the touchpad emulation is also hitting this bug on my system.

Bug #2 When I am using ds4tool I have to be very close to the bluetooth receptor, like less than 1m (if you don't know the metric system, that means pretty ***** close). If I'm not using the ds4tool the gamepad works perfectly from 2-3 meters, and pointing in the opposite direction to the pc, I haven't tried from farther, but it will probably work. When I am using the ds4tool if I am not really close and pointing to the bluetooth receiver it will lose button presses and also have a tremendous lag.
To everyone, I've been working on something that will be called 1.3 release. It's meant to test a switch to DS4Library.dll (Main purpose is to test out performance of the new library and it wont have any major new features). It should be out sometime this week. I will also put up 1.2.3 which will have changes in custom 1.2.2 that i posted recently with electrobrains changes.

DS4Library is the next step in going to version 2.0.

At this moment DS4Library is written in C# (hopefully wil make it supported in C++ soon) and will allow developers to use DS4 controller directly in their app:

Main DS4Library functionality:

1. Allows acquiring all DS4 devices on the machine (BT and USB) and not limited to 4 devices anymore.
2. Allows getting all DS4 as IEnumerable or individually by MAC address of the controller
3. Input report reading / output report sending is handled by the library
4. Get the latest state and previous state of the controller at any moment. State includes all inputs, battery level and gyro/acc data
5. Allows listening to removal/time out event and when new Report is acquired event.
6. Allows setting rumble, lightbar color, lightbar on/off duration times (flashing)
7. Allows to turn on Touchbad on/off (Touhpad triggers TouchesBegan, TouchesMoved, TouchesEnded, TouchButtonDown and TouchButtonUp events)
8. With my setup and BT dongle i measured almost 1000HZ (most of the time input read within 1ms) rate over BT for input reports. I've seen rare jumps to 10-40ms for 1 report and then its back to normal.
9. It might be necessary to add a limit on input report rate, so it will put less strain on less capable BT dongles and have less CPU time.
10 Will hav to mesure USB performance as well and it might be the case where actual rate is slower and input reports are buffered creating 1000hz rate

Intel Core i7 4770K, 8GB RAM, ASUS Z87-PRO, Nvidia GTX Titan, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 8.1 Pro.
Hi,
firstly thanks for the great DS4 Tool, InhexSTER!
(sorry for my bad English.. That isn´t my language..)

I have a question..

The Dualshock-Controller has an audio-output, can I use this with your Tool on PC? Or it is possible to include this? It would be very great, if you could include this function Smile
Audio support will not be coming anytime soon, I would say it most likely the hardest thing to get working.
It seems that DS4 has 2 modes over BT, a controller and audio device. PC doesn't see audio device. It seems audio device appears only when controller is already paired with PC or PS4. For a brief moment when controller is trying to connect to PC, when you press PS button and controllers flashes white until connection is establishes you can notice Bluetootooth Headset device pop up in your BT device search list. But as soon as controller turns solid white headset device disappears. This is not long enough to do anything, like try to pair with headset device or try to investigate what's going on.

Thumbs Up 
(03-03-2014, 06:50 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: Audio support will not be coming anytime soon, I would say it most likely the hardest thing to get working.
It seems that DS4 has 2 modes over BT, a controller and audio device. PC doesn't see audio device. It seems audio device appears only when controller is already paired with PC or PS4. For a brief moment when controller is trying to connect to PC, when you press PS button and controllers flashes white until connection is establishes you can notice Bluetootooth Headset device pop up in your BT device search list. But as soon as controller turns solid white headset device disappears. This is not long enough to do anything, like try to pair with headset device or try to investigate what's going on.
Thanks for your quick reply. Okay, thanks for your hard work Smile
I don´t know why Sony make it so hard to use the controller on PC, although they said "It would be possible to use the DS-Controller on PC".. (like the Xbox360-Controller). I hope it would be sometime possible to use the audiooutput.

Thanks Smile
(03-03-2014, 06:50 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: Audio support will not be coming anytime soon, I would say it most likely the hardest thing to get working.

Its a pity I cannot find the original hardware analysis of the DS4 anymore. Its almost as though its been taken offline. That analysis actually gave enough information to be able to connect the Audio Bluetooth in spoofing the host address - and allegedly there was more than one channel (maybe left and right, maybe int speaker and ext speaker). I'll keep looking for it every now and then and let you know if I find it.

Edit: Although it is possible that merely connecting to a PC disables the headset so even spoofing isn't going to help.
DS4 Xinput Tool: My Final Contribution
electrobrains' DS4Windows

Intel Core i5 4670K, G.Skill 1866MHz 8GB, ASRock Z87 Extreme3, MSI GTX 770 4GB, 128GB SSD, 3TB HDD, Custom Windows 7SP1.
(03-03-2014, 04:38 PM)marcoboyle Wrote: Hi guys, I am wondering if electro's first 1.2.2 builds's use of vaiable touchpad modes are gone for good or if theres a chance they will be reintroduced later on? I have been using an old build for a while because the ability to cycle through variants of left and right click options were perfect, but it seems to have been dropped along the line. Or is there something i can do with the custom keymapping options now to replace that functionality? I use xpadder a lot and it was great to be able to assign normal in game controls to the d-pad, but when i held the touchpad it allowed me to use left and right click instead. Also, it is making using drag and drop functionality with the touchpad very difficult now that theres no separate button to keep hold of whatever im dragging - if that makes sense.

Additionally, a little bug reporting - when i click to hide the DS4 check box i get a box coming up as per the attached image.

Just wanted to check if this is an error message or a normal notification msg when i turn on hide DS4 controller?
If it is an error report i can include the full text.

Once again, big thanks to you all for your hard work.
try to run it as administrator
(03-03-2014, 07:55 PM)HecticSeptic Wrote: I'll keep looking for it every now and then and let you know if I find it.

http://eleccelerator.com/wiki/index.php?...ualShock_4
http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/DS4-BT

Those are 2 I know of, though pretty much most of it was known to me before this was posted, except CRC32 bytes, which seem to be not absolutely necessary.

I think the way it works PS4 has OS feature when paired it creates 2 devices on the BT stack for hid/audio. But PC only creates HID one as it only one that its being broadcasted in pairing mode. When controller is trying to connect it sends info about 2 devices (PS4/PC). But since on PC audio device was not created it can't connect it. So if it would be possible to create Audio device on PC manually it might work. I know its possible to pair DS4 with PS4 without a cable, just like with PC. But i haven't verified if audio works that way. If it does then its simply the fact that PS4 OS designed to setup audio device while pairing is done.

(03-03-2014, 06:24 PM)InhexSTER Wrote: 8. With my setup and BT dongle i measured almost 1000HZ (most of the time input read within 1ms) rate over BT for input reports. I've seen rare jumps to 10-40ms for 1 report and then its back to normal.
9. It might be necessary to add a limit on input report rate, so it will put less strain on less capable BT dongles and have less CPU time.
10 Will hav to mesure USB performance as well and it might be the case where actual rate is slower and input reports are buffered creating 1000hz rate

So does this basically mean that the new revision will decrease instances of, and overall amount, of input lag? And wouldn't an input limit rate effect games where you need to rapidly press a certain button or a bunch of buttons at once? I am genuinely asking, not being a critic. Maybe you could implement some kind of "high performance mode" for those of us with the CPU headroom and proper hardware to run large amounts of input data.