DS4Tool cant hide Wireless Controller
So, im trying to run DS4Tool on my games, some games work and games like Darksouls2 and TF2, Portal2, etc. does not work.
So i figured that i have to hide my Wireless controller so i checked the box but when i look into printers and devices, there is 360 controller AND Wireless Controller, so the "Hide DS4 controller did nothing.

Searched the interwebs for anwsers but nothing came out of it.

So now im here, traveling and asking for help with this problem.

Sponsored links

(09-20-2014, 10:18 AM)Mathue24 Wrote: So, im trying to run DS4Tool on my games, some games work and games like Darksouls2 and TF2, Portal2, etc. does not work.
So i figured that i have to hide my Wireless controller so i checked the box but when i look into printers and devices, there is 360 controller AND Wireless Controller, so the "Hide DS4 controller did nothing.

Searched the interwebs for anwsers but nothing came out of it.

So now im here, traveling and asking for help with this problem.

Depending on OS, the Hide DS4 option does not actually 'Hide' the DS4, in fact it only 'Hides' it as a result of what its real function is and is confusingly and wrongly labeled.
What 'Hide DS4' and what I am trying to get people to refer to as 'Use exclusive mode' does is it tries to nab the DS4 controller and connect to is exclusively keeping other applications from using and usually even seeing (this is where the term hide comes from). But the downside of this is that 1) any application, any at all that uses HID enumeration or hooks if launched prior to the DS4 connection will interrupt the exclusive mode connection and the device will fall back to 'Shared Mode'; and 2) Some application especially in windows 7, Teamspeak 3 being one, are coded rather poorly in their HID interaction and will actually try to 'rip' control of the device away from DS4T/W even though it is marked as exclusively connected thus causing system hangs and even crashes.

Ultimately we try to avoid these problems and make the tool as compatible as possible, which for the most part it is with the exception of your listed programs and FIFA, but in the end its 90% the fault of the other application when thing go haywire for not using accepted standards for device interaction.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool