InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(08-21-2014, 06:08 PM)jhebbel Wrote: It should only look at the folder that is dedicated by your system as the program folder, the only time it goes outside is to check if the active app or window is one defined in the application switching feature. In the future ill probably just eliminate the drive crawling and make it a manual add list.

I can assure you, the tool is deep outside the program files folder which lies in C:\ and is traversing my alternate steam game location(s).

Here is a screenshot:    

Sponsored links

(08-21-2014, 06:08 PM)Typo Wrote: The new UI is looking even better.

As for the hosting, I host 5 of my own domains and 2 other peoples on top of doing all my web dev work on my own VPS. I have quite a bit of spare resources so just let me know if you need help.

Id hate to swamp anybody elses server, most if not all hosting companies, even when they claim they offer 'unlimited everything' plans, have small print saying that if you use over x% server resources for longer than y% time, you will be forced into a VPS or dedicated server solution, which is what happens to me after the usage from this tool crashed the shared server I was on and everybody's website that was on the same server went down with it (oops).
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
(08-21-2014, 06:14 PM)Typo Wrote: I can assure you, the tool is deep outside the program files folder which lies in C:\ and is traversing my alternate steam game location(s).

Here is a screenshot:

I know, like I said any time you launch an app or the active window changes, even if the application lies outside the program files directory, it will be then be added. It was originally a 'feature' as I too have multiple hard drives, but its turned into a pain. It uses the same slow logic you notice when you go into your add/remove programs option in windows and it takes forever to load. I don't know of any less intrusive way to build a program list, so as I said I will likely scrap it in 1.5 and make it a manual add list only.

(08-21-2014, 06:21 PM)jhebbel Wrote: I know, like I said any time you launch an app or the active window changes, even if the application lies outside the program files directory, it will be then be added. It was originally a 'feature' as I too have multiple hard drives, but its turned into a pain. It uses the same slow logic you notice when you go into your add/remove programs option in windows and it takes forever to load. I don't know of any less intrusive way to build a program list, so as I said I will likely scrap it in 1.5 and make it a manual add list only.

I haven't launched anything, games or otherwise off that drive since installing this app, nor have I ran any of the games showing in that screenshot since installing this and in fact a few I have never launched even once. That screenshot is what happens when i open the app, literally about 15 seconds after opening it, that starts right in on the game scanning again, it picks up where it left off scanning through all the steam games folders.

I am just still wondering because it is clearly scanning stuff I haven't ever run, not recently or ever and its scanning in a harddrive from which nothing has been launched recently at all.

From what I see, it is either a game specific scanner that knows how to look in Steams config and see where its optionally additional game folders are hiding, or, its a whole system scanner that is looking for games in particular and is searching every drive in my system without a map to guide it.

I think some people might appreciate an auto scanner and other gaming tools do system wide game searches but not without the users knowledge. Maybe leave it in but make it something the user must trigger and can cancel and/or restart.

Thanks for all the prompt replies and I hope this hd scanning conversation hasn't had you miss the DS3 comments.

(08-21-2014, 06:16 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Id hate to swamp anybody elses server, most if not all hosting companies, even when they claim they offer 'unlimited everything' plans, have small print saying that if you use over x% server resources for longer than y% time, you will be forced into a VPS or dedicated server solution, which is what happens to me after the usage from this tool crashed the shared server I was on and everybody's website that was on the same server went down with it (oops).

I have a VPS and I am with a very reputable company. I have resources to spare and I know the numbers but am not going to get into what I can offer to help with in this open thread.

PM me here and we can meet up on my IRC network or talk via PM about it, I sense you do need the help Smile

*EDIT This joined my posts without saying anything, and, I forgot to mention I am going to get some sleep so my vanishing is only going to be short term.
(08-20-2014, 10:57 PM)RedShadow Wrote: I can still confirm this.
Sometimes I have to go back 1.4 to remap keys or do other stuff and the performance difference is huge: whether that's the program's 'logic' that doesn't freeze everything when loading game info or the overall UI experience like moving/resizing the window or even the memory footprint, 1.5 is clearly faster and better.
So far so good Smile

I think that when Orikson mentions the "slow design" I think he might mean it is not practical and is cumbersome. It is quite true IMHO. Like building macros in a panel, associating them from another panel by clicking on comboboxes, etc. Also the 'non-standard' UI flow that has like 'tabs' as buttons on the left.
This however doesn't bother me much, and actually reminds me of some MacOSX UI I have seen.

Is that above stuff pretty much what you meant Orikson?
Please don't hesitate to state your opinion and details. Happy

As for ugly, well I am not especially fond of the design either, but I wouldn't say it is ugly though. Honestly I consider this an extra feature at this point; the program being 95% of the time in the tray.

But yeah... we want PERFECTION for this amazing tool! Laugh

Opened up the usable area in the app some more by slimming the ribbon bar slightly and making the sidebar collapse to icons only when mouse is not over.
[Image: 08.21.2014-13.35.png]

The new look is great and all but do we really need to have your ugly mug staring at us the whole time. That's going to drive me nuts. No offense.
(08-22-2014, 03:58 PM)cid67 Wrote: The new look is great and all but do we really need to have your ugly mug staring at us the whole time. That's going to drive me nuts. No offense.

ugly mug ... no offense? its an avatar, it is whatever it is set to on your DSDCS account....

(08-22-2014, 03:58 PM)cid67 Wrote: The new look is great and all but do we really need to have your ugly mug staring at us the whole time. That's going to drive me nuts. No offense.

More respect to the developer, jeez.
That makes more sense. BTW Im just given you *****.
(08-22-2014, 04:14 PM)DarkWolfx Wrote: More respect to the developer, jeez.
everyone's so serious.
have a sense of humor.