InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(09-15-2014, 08:25 AM)RedShadow Wrote: For the freezes it is a known issue that will be fixed in 1.5. If you try the 1.5 alpha, you will see there are no freezes anymore Smile

EDIT: If Sony did proper PC drivers, this would make people buy DS4 even if they don't own a PS4. But that would also drive away players from the PS4 platform...

Thanks for your response. Do you have a link to the 1.5 alpha?

I am still not too sure why it doesn't detect my controller when it works. I tried uninstalling all my previous instances of scpdriver, but to no avail. Anyone know of a reliable way of removing all traces of scpdrivers so that I can install it afresh for ds4tool?

Thanks!

Sponsored links

(09-15-2014, 09:03 AM)buzz_bender Wrote: Thanks for your response. Do you have a link to the 1.5 alpha?

I am still not too sure why it doesn't detect my controller when it works. I tried uninstalling all my previous instances of scpdriver, but to no avail. Anyone know of a reliable way of removing all traces of scpdrivers so that I can install it afresh for ds4tool?

Thanks!
Is the Controller not working when you have it Connected With usb?
(09-15-2014, 09:03 AM)buzz_bender Wrote: Thanks for your response. Do you have a link to the 1.5 alpha?

Thanks!

The last time it was there.
The alpha version stores its config and stuff to a new location, so your old profiles won't be there.

I remember jhebbel said to remove the driver by deleting registry keys or something, and that was the reason he provided an installer: so that once people are done with DS4Tools they can safely remove everything.
Anyway what I understood is that removing the driver using standard windows way is not enough :/
(09-15-2014, 03:16 PM)roli Wrote: Is the Controller not working when you have it Connected With usb?

I can see the controller if I go to Control Panel, and select Wireless Controller. It detects it when I click on properties, and is able to detect the various buttons.

However, when I start DS4Tool, it doesn't detect it at all. I know it's been mentioned that it's most likely the scpdriver issue, but I have not been able to remove all traces of it and reinstall it.

Quote:The last time it was there.

Thanks. I'll have a look.
(09-15-2014, 06:48 PM)buzz_bender Wrote: I can see the controller if I go to Control Panel, and select Wireless Controller. It detects it when I click on properties, and is able to detect the various buttons.

However, when I start DS4Tool, it doesn't detect it at all. I know it's been mentioned that it's most likely the scpdriver issue, but I have not been able to remove all traces of it and reinstall it.

Thanks. I'll have a look.
(directly translated)
first try delete every thing you can involving scp drivers. Then right click on start button (Windows 8.1) and press Device manager. the extend system Devices (think that's what it's called). Then scroll Down and see if you can find something called scp..... uninstall that and if you get the option, check delete drivers. Then install jhebbels tool again With the installer from v 1.4.x. Try connecting Your Controller With Bluetooth and wired. If non of those still doesn't work, exit the tool, og to where you installed the 1.4.x Version. Inside that folder there should be something called Virtual bus driver. open that folder and run scpdriver.exe. Check the Bluetooth driver option and press install. If it stll doesn't work i really don't know. If there's something wrong With Your ds4, connect it to the pc with usb with the tool closed, then go to Device manager again and find where Wireless Controller is located. Uninstall it and check the delete drivers option. Then unplugg the Controller, then plug it in again and let the drivers install. Check if it Works now. If not you might have to do a clean install of widows.
Maybe Josh can correct me if I'm wrong, but when installing the SCP driver, all install options must be unchecked except "Force Install". To my knowledge this is where the conflicts occur with DS4windows and the DS4. The DS4 uses the bluetooth stack drivers for the Bluetooth device through standard bluetooth connections. The SCP drivers were designed to take exclusive control over the bluetooth device (for the DS3), this is where the bluetooth conflicts occur. Even though DS4tool uses the same SCP driver to emulate the 360 controller, it does not use the same services from it.

I surprised that those option are even selectable in the SCP driver, I believe it was either inhexter or electobrains version of the SCP driver those weren't selectable and were grayed out. That was the one that was being used for these DS4 forks of the tool so there was no chance of conflicts when installing. But with this tool it is not meant to be a manual install and those options are unchecked by default for a reason.

I think this is going to be the challenge to get the DS3 to work in conjunction with the DS4. But until Josh gets a hold of a DS3 to test with we won't know. This is not likely to happen until he gets the 1.5 version completed for the DS4.
First day back in town, I see I've missed quite a bit so ill be trying to catch up with all the comments and questions today.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
(09-13-2014, 03:48 PM)ash_arani Wrote: The error says "invalid or missing updates configuration file. The first file of the .INI file should be ";aiu;". It is possible that the content on the server does not match the updates configuration file URL.

I live in United Arab Emirates (UAE). My ISP is "Etisalat" (http://www.etisalat.ae)

Thanks for your help. I will be waiting for the skydrive link.

Sounds like a couple files are missing from your install, may require a re-install

(09-13-2014, 06:17 PM)roli Wrote: @jhebbel wanna report two bugs i With i.5RC:

-If you start the program and minimize it, an icon will appear in the system tray, which is good. But if you want to re-open the ds4-tool window With a shortcut on Your desktop, it will just launch another instance of the program, instead of opening a window of the one that was already running. So if you minimize the New instance that opened, you will have two ds4 Windows icons in Your system tray.

-the program won't start minimized when you start Your computer. when you check the start minimized option It will still start in a Windows and if you og to settings you will see that the start minimized option has been unchecked after you started the computer again.

And a question: Is 4 Controllers always gonna be max amount of Controllers you'll be able to Connect to this program? If Microsoft releases drivers that allows for up to 8 Xbox Controller on pc, will you be able to up the max amount to 8?

The multiple instance thing will be fixed with an error message in 1.5 when done just like it does in 1.4, to re-open 1.5 after it has been minimized doubleclick the tray icon instead of opening a new instance

8 controllers is technically possible, not really sure how I feel about buying a bunch more controllers just to test that out though.

(09-13-2014, 09:06 PM)inb4tehlulz Wrote: I'd like to donate ... mostly to get rid of ads because whatever, but Paypal and I have had a long term disagreement. Anyway you could accept Amazon donations?

Not sure how Amazon donations even work but you should be able to donate without an account I think.

(09-13-2014, 10:31 PM)roli Wrote: @jhebbel another suggestion that i would love to see implemented: it would be awesome if you could make it so that I can bind a button to "key combo" mode. Let's use for example R2. If i make a New profile for a game, and i bind x to jump and r1/l1 to shoot and use Scope. Then I run out of buttons to use, so i bind R2 to key combo. this allows me to bind each bottun again to a New funcotion when i hold r2. So if i bind r1/l1 to something else, like for example punch right hand and punch left hand, when holding R2. So when i'm in game I can shoot and use Scope With R1 and L1, but if i hold R2 when i use R1 and L1 i will punch instead. I could also bind L2 to key combo mode, which would allow me to bind all the keys a Third time. Hope you understand what i mean Smile

PS: it would also be cool if we could bind key and comands swipe right/left/up/Down/tap etc. on the touchpad
This is all already possible through macros, 1.5 will have Macro -> Controller command support which is the only thing that is currently missing in 1.4 and the RC

(09-14-2014, 05:54 PM)RedShadow Wrote: Same stuff happened to me. I did not mention it as I thought that maybe it was just my sticks starting to get fücked up. But if this happens to you too, there might be more to that. I had to put value 2 for deadzones.

I think it has been mentioned before. Next build should have this fixed.
(actually, I might have been the one mentioning that lol.)

DS4 sticks do not mechanically center perfectly so they actually jitter and drift, I did not build in deadzone because I wanted this to be fully user configurable, but adding a lil deadzone is all you need to do.

(09-14-2014, 08:14 PM)roli Wrote: @jhebbel i found another bug With the profiles in 1.5RC. When i made a New profile which i wanted to use when playing a game. So i went to the add aplication option and found the games .exe, but when i ran that .exe file the profile didn't change, but it stayed the default.

EDIT: i figured out that if you put it to auto sense it will change when you open the .exe, but it did not change when if i had another custom profile selected before i opened the .exe. do you think we could get the option when to do this for each profile we make?

Just keep the controller set to auto sense. It will automatically switch to any profile that you have application bindings for.

(09-15-2014, 05:18 AM)buzz_bender Wrote: Hi,

Can you tell me exactly what you did to make it work? Did you use ds4tool with the scpdriver from inhextr? How did you do that?

Also, the program still freezes periodically when I start it up. I'm not exactly sure what is causing that... getting a bit annoyed by how hard it is to get this to work. Why can't Sony just release a proper driver...

There is a lot of confusion on this subject, The reason Sony never has and never will release a "proper driver" is because none is needed. DS3/4 use standard HID drivers and DInput protocols that are already part of every windows, linux, and mac machine, so the driver already exists which is the whole reason you can plug a controller into a PC to begin with. The reason tools like this are needed though is DS4s use a protocol that is an open standard known as DirectInput, while most newer games as well as x360/x1 controllers use a standard known as XInput. Sony will never adopt this standard because 1) it requires Sony forking over tons of cash in the form or certifications and licensing and 2) it requires Sony as part of this standard to adopt the ABXY button configuration.

The freezing issue is a bug in 1.4 and one of the reasons why many of the methods that 1.4 uses to do things are being abandoned and re invented in 1.5, 1.5RC can be downloaded now by finding some of the links that are floating around the last couple pages and will be fully released once I finish macro support.

(09-15-2014, 09:06 PM)Wirenut48 Wrote: Maybe Josh can correct me if I'm wrong, but when installing the SCP driver, all install options must be unchecked except "Force Install". To my knowledge this is where the conflicts occur with DS4windows and the DS4. The DS4 uses the bluetooth stack drivers for the Bluetooth device through standard bluetooth connections. The SCP drivers were designed to take exclusive control over the bluetooth device (for the DS3), this is where the bluetooth conflicts occur. Even though DS4tool uses the same SCP driver to emulate the 360 controller, it does not use the same services from it.

I surprised that those option are even selectable in the SCP driver, I believe it was either inhexter or electobrains version of the SCP driver those weren't selectable and were grayed out. That was the one that was being used for these DS4 forks of the tool so there was no chance of conflicts when installing. But with this tool it is not meant to be a manual install and those options are unchecked by default for a reason.

I think this is going to be the challenge to get the DS3 to work in conjunction with the DS4. But until Josh gets a hold of a DS3 to test with we won't know. This is not likely to happen until he gets the 1.5 version completed for the DS4.

Correct on the option selection, and this is one of the many reasons why if all previous remanence of other tools are not removed prior to using this one then it usually does not work. I'm using a stock distribution of SCP from scarlet crush with the only modifications being command line support was added to make it installer compatible.

Working on tweaking the installer for 1.5 to maybe fix some of the issues involved with SCP driver installation/overwrite/removal etc. If it works it may make this a lot easier for users coming from other versions of for users who have mistakenly installed or tried to install SCP manually prior to this app.