InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(11-26-2014, 04:06 PM)Stigmar Wrote: Hello Jhebbel I been using the tool for a while now and its pretty good although I am having one problem with it and am not sure what has changed but I can not seem to get the touch pad to function at all, it used to work fine and now it just seem to of stopped I am currently running windows 8.1 pro 64 and the latest version of ds4 tool.

Have you at any point opened the controller
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

Hey jhebbel I've been trying to get my external program to interact with a game with simulated key presses and I am having some trouble that maybe you can help with. I am still a novice when it comes to programming mind you.

I can get your DS4 macro to press a keyboard key down and successfully release it, so what I am trying to do should be possible but my program is having trouble with the key up, it will successfully send the key down event but key up/release is being ignored for some reason. I have tried SendInput(), keybd_event() in C++ and C# and even a custom library called Interceptor. I am doing this because the timing for key release/up is depends on a variable I am keeping track of so just using the macro won't work. This value is different all the time and there is a sweet spot for key up.

Anyways I was wondering what functions/methods do you use to have the macro successfully simulate a keyboard press down and up or even x360 controller button press macro? This is getting very frustrating. You said earlier you're simply using whatever is in user32.dll, if you could provide any more insight/code snipets I would be eternally grateful.
(11-26-2014, 11:03 PM)Guest8525 Wrote: Hey jhebbel I've been trying to get my external program to interact with a game with simulated key presses and I am having some trouble that maybe you can help with. I am still a novice when it comes to programming mind you.

I can get your DS4 macro to press a keyboard key down and successfully release it and even xinput button press, so what I am trying to do should be possible but my program is having trouble with the key up, it will successfully send the key down event but key up/release is being ignored for some reason. I have tried SendInput(), keybd_event() in C++ and C# and even a custom library called Interceptor.

Anyways I was wondering what functions/methods do you use to have the macro successfully simulate a keyboard press down and up or even x360 controller button press macro? This is getting very frustrating. Thanks for any help.

I use the sendinput from user32.dll, keep in mind there are different flags that you must use when building the press and release events.

(11-26-2014, 11:11 PM)jhebbel Wrote: I use the sendinput from user32.dll, keep in mind there are different flags that you must use when building the press and release events.

So sendinput should work, so I am doing something wrong. Do you use SendInput for simulating x360 button press in macros too? What flags do you use/set for key release?

I also did a test where I made a macro in DS4 that did +Gkey {wait for release} -GKey, which works when I press the button assigned to this macro and release manually it releases but when I have my program do GKey UP event the macro doesn't detect it and doesn't do the +Gkey unless I let go of the Gkey manually. Thanks for the help btw.
(11-26-2014, 11:48 PM)Guest8525 Wrote: So sendinput should work, so I am doing something wrong. Do you use SendInput for simulating x360 button press in macros too? What flags do you use/set for key release?

I also did a test where I made a macro in DS4 that did +Gkey {wait for release} -GKey, which works when I press the button assigned to this macro and release manually it releases but when I have my program do GKey UP event the macro doesn't detect it and doesn't do the +Gkey unless I let go of the Gkey manually. Thanks for the help btw.

you need to add the KEYEVENTF_KEYUP to your flags for the release.

If you want to simulate 360 commands you need to write a driver for a virtual bus then create a virtual controller for it, this is no simple library for this and the main reason for these mapping programs. Id grabs scarlet crushes 1.2.2 code and take a look at how he pushes byte reports to a virtual HID device.

Hi,

every time I start your program and connect DS4 via bluetooth, my internet connection get screwed in the meaning that I cannot access the web at all.

I'm running Win8.1 with Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth-

any advice?
(11-27-2014, 03:32 AM)tarl Wrote: Hi,

every time I start your program and connect DS4 via bluetooth, my internet connection get screwed in the meaning that I cannot access the web at all.

any advice?

WiFi and BT use the same frequency, if you are using a laptop the antennas are literally inches apart and interfere with each other quite a bit, you can try changing WiFi channel but you will likely need to use USB or try and see if a dongle is any better.

does the touch pad only recognize Things like swipe up/Down/left/right or can it recognize a pattern like a circle as a different swipe?
(11-27-2014, 03:09 PM)roli Wrote: does the touch pad only recognize Things like swipe up/Down/left/right or can it recognize a pattern like a circle as a different swipe?

Well all that is programmed into the macros are cardinal swipes, in theory anything could be programmed in but geometric swipes could cause some overhead to listen for

I'm working some some pretty cool new macro functions including logic capability (if/then/else) as well as expression evaluation, should yield some pretty cool stuff in the right hands.