DS4Windows - J2K
(10-04-2016, 03:18 AM)Tristan Young Wrote: The info I found is:

Bluetooth Vendor ID: 4C 05
Bluetooth Product ID:  CC 09
Hardware ID: BTHENUM\Dev_401B5F6F6B1B

I hope that helps.  If there's something else needed, I'd be happy to provide.

It would be cool if we could configure Device ID's ourselves in a future version.  It's conceivable that a v3 could come along someday.

Sponsored links

(10-04-2016, 04:06 AM)Vanquo Wrote: No not that one. To help make finding it easier, download USBDeview http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html. Plug the controller in wired USB and find This:
[Image: pRHSOYi.png][Image: 0snND3n.png]

Thanks for pointing me to this program.

The wireless controller shows an Instance ID of:
USB\VID_054C&PID_09CC\5&29749eaa&0&2
(10-04-2016, 05:21 AM)Tristan Young Wrote: The wireless controller shows an Instance ID of:
USB\VID_054C&PID_09CC\5&29749eaa&0&2
I guess the bluetooth product ID you showed before was the same thing. So it was right after all.

This is what we wanted to know I guess PID: 09CC
(10-04-2016, 05:40 AM)Vanquo Wrote: I guess the bluetooth product ID you showed before was the same thing. So it was right after all.

This is what we wanted to know I guess PID: 09CC

Should I email the info to Jays2Kings?  Does he check the forum often enough?
(10-04-2016, 06:17 AM)Tristan Young Wrote: Should I email the info to Jays2Kings?  Does he check the forum often enough?

I already posted a bug report on github: https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/issues
(10-04-2016, 06:24 AM)Vanquo Wrote: I already posted a bug report on github: https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/issues

Thanks Cool
(09-22-2016, 06:23 AM)Vanquo Wrote: Your wish has been granted. New version v1.4.5 is available.
https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/releases
  • Added support for the New DS4 USB Adapter (Thanks to boganhobo and Chamilsaan)

I just purchased a DS4 along with the OEM usb dongle and am using DS4Windows for the first time. I have already paired my controller with the dongle, but I am having issues getting DS4 to detect the controller. I see that support has been added but I am unable to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.
(10-04-2016, 06:59 PM)barsanufio Wrote: I just purchased a DS4 along with the OEM usb dongle and am using DS4Windows for the first time. I have already paired my controller with the dongle, but I am having issues getting DS4 to detect the controller. I see that support has been added but I am unable to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have the sony dongle so I can't help with any of that. It seems like most people who post here are just asking for help and few people actually reply to help. The dev seems like hes on a hiatus in updating the program or he doesn't check this thread frequently.

I would suggest trying InputMapper instead. The developer for IM is very active and there's more people on their forums who can help. DS4Windows right now is for people who can get it to work with no issues.
(10-04-2016, 04:49 AM)Vanquo Wrote: Does your PC see your controller at all even without DS4Windows or the Scp driver? In control panel > devices and printers it should show up as 'Wireless Controller' and show up in game controller settings as well. The new version btw has a transparent strip on the touchpad showing the Lightbar LED. But I'm guessing if you couldn't tell the difference then maybe its not that...

Try InputMapper anyway, it's more or less the same as DS4Windows in function. At least we know it supports the Slim/Pro revision of DS4. If that doesn't work.. Something else is wrong. Maybe you don't have DirectX runtime installed or something. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=8109

Yup, my PC shows 'Wireless Controller' is connected. And yeah, I guess I have v1 of the controller, I never even knew about the v2 model. DirectX runtime is installed too, by the way.

I'll give Inputmapper a go and hope it goes better than this. It's a shame this program doesn't work for me, I like the aesthetics and the how lightweight it is.

Anyway, thank you for the help you guys have provided in trying to help me sort this. =)
(10-05-2016, 02:38 AM)Jeimii Wrote: Yup, my PC shows 'Wireless Controller' is connected. And yeah, I guess I have v1 of the controller, I never even knew about the v2 model. DirectX runtime is installed too, by the way.

I'll give Inputmapper a go and hope it goes better than this. It's a shame this program doesn't work for me, I like the aesthetics and the how lightweight it is.

Anyway, thank you for the help you guys have provided in trying to help me sort this. =)

v1 vs v2 - the lightbar on the front of the controller - can you also see it through the touchpad?  If so, it's v2, otherwise v1.  I also noticed v2 black controllers have dark grey trigger buttons, where-as the v1 black controllers I've seen had black triggers.  There could be other variations I haven't seen.  You could also use USBDeview (see post second from the top of this page).  You can also post the info circled in red to be certain.

Can you walk me through the process you've used from top to bottom?  I can see if anything sticks out.