I have a DS4Windows issue I'm hoping someone may be able to answer, or if this is the wrong thread, I could start a new one someplace else on this board. I have a PC running Windows 10 and had been using a Logitech F310 controller which is basically an XBOX controller. Had someone install DS4Windows on the PC to use the Playstation 4 controller and now when I plug the Logitech F310 in, the PC and all games still think it's a Playstation Dual Action controller. I've tried many different program or device removal tools. Tried deleting DS4 from where the program was extracted, registry keys, everything. Uninstalled any XBOX or Logitech driver I could find. Basically what I would like to do is uninstall this in a manner where it's like it was never on the PC, drivers and all. Is there a way to do that so the PC doesn't think my XBOX wired controller is a Playstation controller? For a little clarification, I've narrowed down that it is without a doubt the DS4Windows program that created the behavior. The PC was fine before my stepson wanted to use his Playstation controller on it
If you are having the issue with the yellow bar on connect with Windows 10 via USB, and aren't getting the UAC prompts to allow the controller to work in exclusive mode, you can try the following:
1. Connect the controller and have DS4Windows running.
2. Open the "Devices and Printers" control panel item. (right click the Start Menu icon to get to the control panel)
3. Locate the "wireless game controller". If there are multiple devices, disconnect and reconnect the controller to see which is changing.
4. Right click on the wireless game controller and click troubleshoot. Windows will reinstall the HID-compliant game controller driver.
5. After the troubleshooting is finished, disconnect and reconnect the controller, and you should get a UAC prompt as before.
Happens when you play on a television instead of your pc monitor of if you have other bluetooth devices on in the area.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Hi, I got it my DS4 working wired, except that it seems to force audio to the DS4 headphone jack, recognizing the DS4 as a USB headphone while working as a controller at the same time. Is there a way I can play music through speakers and use the DS4 at the same time?
Not a huge deal, and I'm thankful for this tool. But I feel like I'm probably missing a simple fix. Thanks!