DS4Windows - J2K
(08-29-2017, 07:34 PM)shinra358 Wrote: because it is a bug. it is fixed already. delete what you have and get the new version.

I did that. But everything is working exactly the same as the previous version.

Sponsored links

Is a wireless Dualshock 4 + DS4Windows fast enough for retro games?

I am building an "emulator box" and am trying to find the best single controller for most systems. So, needs analog and a good d-pad. Seems like the DS4 is the best all around controller with a great d-pad. I have read that it has less latency when used wireless than wired (kinda weird). However, is that just the connection from the controller to the PC/dongle? I have read more than a few times people talking about the actual encoding of the inputs to xinput (What DS4Windows does) can add 40+ ms of extra latency.. :/

Anyone have any experience with this? Pretty expensive to buy one and a Bluetooth dongle only to find that i can't play Mario 3, for example, well with it :/

Thanks
Input lag only occurs with external tvs or if ps4 is on at the same time. But yes this is the best getup. Use ryochan's version. Not the one from this thread.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Which version is that? Google is failing me :/ What makes it better?

EDIT: "Eurogamer did a test on input latency and they found that "Input Mapper's process of taking the Dual Shock 4 inputs and translating them into standard PC Xinput adds a considerable amount of latency". They noted that "initial results were deeply unimpressive, with the PC actually lagging behind PlayStation 4 by a remarkable 41ms (five frames on our 120fps captures)," but by switching to a wired Xbox controller they removed any additional latency and brought it in line with the PS4 version.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digita...5-face-off"

ds4windows is the same program as inputmapper. no?
Hi,

with Ds4Windows.exe, I can connect my Controller with USB. But when I try it with Bluetooth it Looks like this: Connecting the Controller to Windows WITHOUT running DSWindows works fine. As soon as i open DS4Windows, the Connection is gone. When I have DS4Windows open, and connect via Bluetooth, it connects, and immediately disconnects again. Any suggestions? Would be really happy. Btw, this happened with other tools as well. As soon as I use Bluetooth, it disconnects immediately.
can anyone help me? i can connect by BT fine , works without any problems, but i can't connect via USB... the controller just doesnt connect, even though it is paired

EDIT: ok so i just found out j2k no longer makes ds4w. im going to try ryochan's . how do i uninstall j2k version?
Hi PS lovers !

I spent hours tweaking and trying to get my 4 DS4 controllers to work with my laptop PC on bluetooth.

I tried without DS4Windows at first, with my 4 DS4 controllers at the same time. Some games support that. I've had very low latency on my 4 controllers ! I was happy, but I didn't have rumble... :'( So I decided to install DS4Windows.

I first installed the last version of J2K. Everything seemed to work great with color lights, rumble and everything, but... Connecting 3 controllers was perfect, but when I connected the fourth one, I've had enormous latency on every controller... :'(

So I tried ryochan's last version. And it's... worse than with J2K's version ! I can connect 2 DS4 controllers at the same time without latency... but if I connect a third one, I have horrible latency on every controller ! No need to say it's even worse if I connect the fourth...

What can I do ? Do I have to buy a USB bluetooth adapter ? Maybe I could connect 2 controllers on one adapter, and the 2 others on the second adapter ? Or Is it DS4Windows the problem ?

Thanks a lot !
(09-19-2017, 11:47 PM)gkz Wrote: Hi PS lovers !

I spent hours tweaking and trying to get my 4 DS4 controllers to work with my laptop PC on bluetooth.

I tried without DS4Windows at first, with my 4 DS4 controllers at the same time. Some games support that. I've had no latency at all ! I was happy, but I didn't have rumble... :'( So I decided to install DS4Windows.

I first installed the last version of J2K. Everything seemed to work great with color lights, rumble and everything, but... Connecting 3 controllers was perfect, but if I connected the fourth one, I've had enormous latency on every controller... :'(

So I tried ryochan's last version. And it's... worse than with J2K's version ! I can connect 2 DS4 controllers at the same time without latency... but if I connect a third one, I have horrible latency on every controller ! No need to say it's even worse if I connect the fourth...

What can I do ? Do I have to buy a USB bluetooth adapter ? Maybe I could connect 2 controllers on one adapter, and the 2 others on the second adapter ? Or Is it DS4Windows the problem ?

Thanks a lot !
Remove everything. Even scp drivers. Then use ryochans version. Dnt copy paste ryochan version over j2k version. See if that helps. Also make sure ps4 isnt on nearby for that can interfer with frequency.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Hello, I can't get my PS4 controller properly emulated. Exclusive mode not working. I'm using the controller wired. It is the new PS4 controller version 2 that comes with the PS4 Pro. Here is a thread on Input mapper with someone having the same issue as me https://inputmapper.com/forum/inputmappe...r-problems
In the "Game Controllers" in Control Panel, it shows both "wireless controller" and "XBOX 360" but when the controller is being properly emulated it's only supposed to say "XBOX 360".
Because of this bug, it registers as 2 controllers in games and causes conflicts. I had this problem with Input Mapper as well which I was previously using. Just switched to DS4Windows and having the same problem. I suspect a Windows 10 update caused the issue as it was an issue before that was fixed, but now it's happening again. Don't know what Windows 10 update caused this issue. I'm on Windows version 1703 (OS Build 15063.608). This is annoying and I'm sick of how inconvenient and tedious it is to use a PS4 controller on PC. I'm probably just going to get an XBOX One controller to use even though I don't own a XBOX and never will! At least the XBOX One controller is plug and play!!
Hi Lumbeeslayer, just tick the "Hide DS4 controllers" option. The computer will only "see" the emulated XBOX 360 controllers.