DS4Windows - J2K
(11-16-2014, 10:43 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: So, this doesn't make ANY difference at all, but when you go to update DS4Windows and the current version is still running, it tells you that it needs to close the program to continue. The word "continue" is misspelled. Completely aesthetic, but just thought I'd point it out. Tongue

Good catch, I'll fix it.

(11-16-2014, 02:39 PM)Vanquo Wrote: Since 1.4.1, I can no longer use shift controls. No idea why when previous versions still work so it can't be my system. I use the PS button as my modifier but that doesn't matter because every other button doesn't make it work either.

Also, adjusting the lightbar color sliders no longer updates the changes on the controller in real-time. Now have to save the profile to see the changes.

Using Windows 8.1 x64. Also tested on a fresh Windows 7 x64 install.

See if it 1.4.15 fixes it, I'll still check it out for you though.

Also the lightbar only changes in real time if you click the edit button from the first tab, from the profile tab doesn't show live changes for it doesn't attempt to check which controller is using that profile.

(11-16-2014, 08:08 PM)bola08 Wrote: @ Jays2Kings last bug report:

Even when the "Use touchpad swipes for controls" is enable there are still notifications of On/OFF when pressing the PS and the Touchpad.
Just the notification shows the actual mouse movement stays off.

Small questions: What Flush HID is for?

Man I never notice that the shift modifier have its on color setup!
Dude that is so clever and amazing!!

shift controls are still working for me with 1.4.15.
The lightbar issue I can confirm that is also happening.

Yeah I should disable them, though it does nothing now.

Also I'm not really sure what Flush HID does myself, but funny enough it was never implemented fully, I guess I'll finish it up.

Sponsored links

Sorry other bug report:

Left "Tilt Left" is not working with a modifier.
Is working fine in the main controls window.
All other tilt or swipe commands are working with a modifier.
(11-16-2014, 10:54 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: See if it 1.4.15 fixes it, I'll still check it out for you though.
Okay I did some testing on my own and here's what I learned... I've been using older profiles that were from before version 1.4.0.7. They've worked until 1.4.1. Here's what boggles my mind, any fresh profile I create from 1.4.0.7 onward none of the shift modifier buttons I create work at all.

BUT AHA I found something weird. After sifting through my profile configs and figuring out what was missing from the new ones I created... I found the problem... They were all missing this piece of code...
Code:
<Control>
    <Button>
      <bnPS>Guide</bnPS>
//any other button bindings//
    </Button>
  </Control>
I simply added that to my config and it now it just works!?!? That or just simply binding any controller button to a any key so it creates that lines of code. So it seems like the program is trying to read that part or else shift modifier stuff fails altogether.

So the problem and solution in steps:
1. default profile or new one.
2. open profile and create shift modifier for PS+ cross with volume mute media key. Don't touch anything in the controls tab.
3. save profile. and none of the shift modifer stuff works.
Code:
config file looks like this (notice the missing <control> part):
  <Control />
  <ShiftControl>
    <Key>
      <sbnCross>173</sbnCross>
    </Key>
  </ShiftControl>

4. to fix just simply bind any button in the controls tab so it creates necessary config lines of code. So i bound L1 to the spacebar for example.
Now here's what the controls config file looks like:
Code:
<ShiftControl>
    <Key>
      <sbnCross>173</sbnCross>
    </Key>
  </ShiftControl>
  <Control>
    <Key>
      <bnL1>32</bnL1>
    </Key>
  </Control>
5. Now the shift modifier stuff works.

Pretty weird stuff if you ask me. I feel like I'm the only one who's discovered this quirk.
Bad news for Skyrim.
The keyboard emulation is not detected by the game.
So currently is not possible to use the controller for hotkeys.

Anyway thanks a lot for the swipe controles J2K Laugh
(11-16-2014, 03:34 AM)zolcos Wrote: It's a shame xpadder isn't open source or we'd be able to see how they do it

(11-16-2014, 04:05 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: Tell me about it.

Joy2Key's keyboard macros worked with FFXI, so it might help you with working out that 'old program' issue. It's what I used before switching over to the DS4/DS4Windows. Here's a link to the project on Sourceforge (GPL):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/joy2key/
It's possible to add possibility to disable touchpad when a controller is activated ?

For example, I don't use touchpad, i don't want touchpad, but I activate controller with PS button, touchpad is activated by default.

Other problem I don't have always USB logo icon when my controller is in wired mode.
(11-16-2014, 11:25 PM)bola08 Wrote: Sorry other bug report:

Left "Tilt Left" is not working with a modifier.
Is working fine in the main controls window.
All other tilt or swipe commands are working with a modifier.

You're right about that, I'll fix that for the next build.
(11-17-2014, 02:57 AM)Vanquo Wrote: Okay I did some testing on my own and here's what I learned... I've been using older profiles that were from before version 1.4.0.7. They've worked until 1.4.1. Here's what boggles my mind, any fresh profile I create from 1.4.0.7 onward none of the shift modifier buttons I create work at all.

BUT AHA I found something weird. After sifting through my profile configs and figuring out what was missing from the new ones I created... I found the problem... They were all missing this piece of code...
Code:
<Control>
    <Button>
      <bnPS>Guide</bnPS>
//any other button bindings//
    </Button>
  </Control>
I simply added that to my config and it now it just works!?!? That or just simply binding any controller button to a any key so it creates that lines of code. So it seems like the program is trying to read that part or else shift modifier stuff fails altogether.

So the problem and solution in steps:
1. default profile or new one.
2. open profile and create shift modifier for PS+ cross with volume mute media key. Don't touch anything in the controls tab.
3. save profile. and none of the shift modifer stuff works.
Code:
config file looks like this (notice the missing <control> part):
  <Control />
  <ShiftControl>
    <Key>
      <sbnCross>173</sbnCross>
    </Key>
  </ShiftControl>

4. to fix just simply bind any button in the controls tab so it creates necessary config lines of code. So i bound L1 to the spacebar for example.
Now here's what the controls config file looks like:
Code:
<ShiftControl>
    <Key>
      <sbnCross>173</sbnCross>
    </Key>
  </ShiftControl>
  <Control>
    <Key>
      <bnL1>32</bnL1>
    </Key>
  </Control>
5. Now the shift modifier stuff works.

Pretty weird stuff if you ask me. I feel like I'm the only one who's discovered this quirk.

I see what's the issue now, and it's a good catch, I'll be sure to fix this too.
(11-17-2014, 04:50 AM)bola08 Wrote: Bad news for Skyrim.
The keyboard emulation is not detected by the game.
So currently is not possible to use the controller for hotkeys.

Anyway thanks a lot for the swipe controles J2K Laugh

(11-17-2014, 07:54 AM)TesseractE Wrote: Joy2Key's keyboard macros worked with FFXI, so it might help you with working out that 'old program' issue. It's what I used before switching over to the DS4/DS4Windows. Here's a link to the project on Sourceforge (GPL):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/joy2key/

I can't use this sadly for a few reasons, like not all of the code is there, this is a way older build. Still I'll keep looking around for things, thanks for trying though.

Also Nabs, sorry I haven't had the time to try to give you debugs yet. Later this week I'll put out a new build and then with that one I'll give you a debug programs.
No problem, take your time. I'm on 1.4.1 right now, so I'm not too far behind.
I've had 2 random crashes during games over the past few days. Is there any way I can get relevant info to you? The Log only seems to tell about the current session
Version 1.4.156
Signifacant CPU usage decrease by reworking how single instances work, on a mobile i7 for example with a single controller connected usage went from 4-6% to .5-1.5%. With no controllers connected the usage went from 2.5-4.5% to 0%!
As mentioned before, single instances has been reworked, so trying to relaunch DS4W more reliably opens the previous instance
Fixed Shift modifer not working if main controls were not modified
Fixed Tilt Left for Shift modifer
Fixed default text of shift controls
Remove touchpad movement notification when swipe for controls is enabled
Can test the rumble motors seprerately via Heavy and Light
Truly implemented Flush HID (I think)
Slight change in profiles, when loading profiles in for the first time in this new version, there may be a slight delay
Updated French Translations
Removed mouse moving as an option for touch swipes controls, as they weren't implemented nor have a purpose to be
DS4Updater 1.1.155
Don't let the jump fool you, this update just keeps the numbers closer together. This update only contains general fixes

Thanks for trying to keep the translations up to date, I know it's a lot and it's always being added to. I see someone was trying to translate to Spanish, if you need any help understand anything, feel free to tell me.

(11-18-2014, 02:54 AM)zolcos Wrote: I've had 2 random crashes during games over the past few days. Is there any way I can get relevant info to you? The Log only seems to tell about the current session

Right now there's now way to save the crash data. I'll to implement a crash log in the future.

EDIT:
PS: For those who updated to 1.4.155 before 1.4.156 was out, the updater is broken, please delete the ds4updater.exe as it will be re downloaded for the next update

You can also replace the old updater with the one attached below

Attached Files
.exe   DS4Updater.exe (Size: 548 KB / Downloads: 762)