DS4Windows - J2K
"It could be the way Asus does Bluetooth, and not being a generic windows Bluetooth driver. See if you can go to device manager, and update the bluetooth to a generic mircosoft bluetooth protocol."

I tried changing my driver to a few different generic options and none seemed to be able to use my adapter properly. I've noticed that the controller does stay connected in some games (like Dark Souls 2), but for some reason only the touchpad is enabled, which takes over the mouse function.

So, when it's connected, there is either pretty severe lag or I only have touchpad functionality.

I'm wondering if one of the versions of this software that I had tried is either still lingering in the background or has somehow messed a setting up somewhere. Aside from simply searching for and deleting anything with "ds4windows" in the name from my computer, is there any way to do a refresh on anything that this software might have affected?

Thank you for all your hard work on this!

Sponsored links

(01-25-2015, 11:09 PM)jaybot31k Wrote: I'm wondering if one of the versions of this software that I had tried is either still lingering in the background or has somehow messed a setting up somewhere. Aside from simply searching for and deleting anything with "ds4windows" in the name from my computer, is there any way to do a refresh on anything that this software might have affected?

I had a similar problem with the program not autostarting even though it was clearly there in the autostart tab in my task manager, linking to the correct .exe too.

Solved the problem by looking through my appdata/local as well as appdata/roaming for the DS4Windows folder (or alternatively your program files folder if you chose the portable install), as well as just putting DS4W into a regedit search and getting rid of all the registry entries, then installing this version again.

Don't think there's an automated way to do that, and considering it takes less than 5 minutes, I'd say give that a shot.
The software works great when I'm connected via USB, but when I'm using my AZIO Bluetooth adapter (http://www.aziocorp.com/en/connectivity/...1-edr.html), I'm getting the "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error message. After doing some investigating it appears that DS4Windows isn't compatible with the Bluetooth stack - is there any planned support for my Bluetooth adapter? Or, is there a particular adapter that is recommended to use?
(01-24-2015, 07:41 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: You can try to display by ones and fives, but if you haven't seen, 10s isn't very accurate, as it's just a report of the voltage, there is no real way to see how much is left. There's a reason why the ps4 only shows the ds4's battery in 4 states.

Oh, right. Guess it's accurate enough when the original battery is so damn tiny.
I found a bug that I REALLY want fixed. I'm trying to map both sixaxis AND the right stick, to the right stick x and y axis. It seems to combine how you'd expect perfectly fine, but there's an issue. If the Y axis (as shown in the properties in windows of the 360 controller) got above half, further adjustments stop working with the Y axis on the analog stick, but the X axis continues fine.

To test it, set it up as:

Tilt U: Right Y-
Tilt D: Right Y+
Tilt L: Right X-
Tilt R: Right X+
And the default mapping for the Right stick, the same Y-Y+X-X+ pattern...

Now, if you watch the controller readings in the app, as well as the properties window in the windows controllers window, you'll see that with the controller tilted back, pushing the right stick up and down adjusts the Y value up and down as it should, with the tilt of the controller putting it between 0 and 49% to begin with. If you keep going up and down with the right stick, and tilt the controller forward, you'll see the the fluctuation from you messing with the right stick vertically completely stop, as soon as the sixaxis dot goes below the horizontal half way line on the controller readings.

In Mario Galaxy 2 with both wiimote tilting and cursor mapped to the xinput right stick data, the right stick moves the cursor around on screen fine, but when the resting cursor passes the middle of the screen downward, the right stick loses vertical control but keeps horizontal control, until you tilt the controller back again.

Please try to figure this out. I'd love this to work. If Dolphin accepted the raw sixaxis data in some way, I could keep tilting and cursor placement entirely separate, but that doesn't seem possible without switching one or the other to digital inputs using keyboard binds.
I'm trying to get Guild Wars 2 to work with this DS4Windows but none of the mappings seem to work. I mapped WASD to the left joystick directions but those don't work either.
(01-17-2015, 09:59 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: Pro_info Wrote:
Personally, I didn't rumble/vibration with Dinput option via USB

I'm not sure what the missing word is between "didn't" and "rumble" but if it's notice, that's because games don't have a way of accessing dinput rumble.

I don't have rumble with Dinput mode.

With XBCD driver, rumble work.
would it be possible to recover the vibrations of the game the same way as xbcd in your software? (xbcd is not very stable and is not compatible with some launcher as uplay for example.)

The possibility of assigning 1axe by trigger would also excellent.^^

thx
Hi guys,

just bought a ps4 controller and downloaded ds4windows. I was able to pair the controller with my bluetooth dongle, but the controller still doesn't appear in ds4windows. i installed the driver and downloaded the xbox360 driver...but the program just cant see the controller. Controller works in steam big picture mode though, but not in games.

I'm using the AZIO bluetooth dongle on my pc.

thanks
(01-24-2015, 10:01 AM)apoklyps3 Wrote: Also I have noticed that x360 emulation doesn't start sometimes (DS4 windows set to autostart with windows) and when i connect my controller (BT) only Wireless Controller is shown in devices.
Restarting windows is the only solution to get it working again.

You may need to adjust the xinput ports to a higher number (5+) in the settings of DS4W.
(01-25-2015, 10:33 AM)SenileAnimal Wrote: Everything so far is flawless except auto-updating isn't working for me.

I set exclusions in my antivirus and firewall (I even tried disabling it), but daily updates, manually running the updater, and selecting "check for updates now" doesnt seem to work. The .exe file version still shows as 1.4.212.0.

Not a big deal, but wanted to let you know.

Looks like I never updated the file it checks for new updates, it should be good now.

(01-25-2015, 11:09 PM)jaybot31k Wrote: "It could be the way Asus does Bluetooth, and not being a generic windows Bluetooth driver. See if you can go to device manager, and update the bluetooth to a generic mircosoft bluetooth protocol."

I tried changing my driver to a few different generic options and none seemed to be able to use my adapter properly. I've noticed that the controller does stay connected in some games (like Dark Souls 2), but for some reason only the touchpad is enabled, which takes over the mouse function.

So, when it's connected, there is either pretty severe lag or I only have touchpad functionality.

I'm wondering if one of the versions of this software that I had tried is either still lingering in the background or has somehow messed a setting up somewhere. Aside from simply searching for and deleting anything with "ds4windows" in the name from my computer, is there any way to do a refresh on anything that this software might have affected?

Thank you for all your hard work on this!

Wait so is ds4windows seeing the controller, just xinput isn't working, you may need to set a higher xinput port if that's the case.

(01-27-2015, 04:27 AM)Matticus53 Wrote: The software works great when I'm connected via USB, but when I'm using my AZIO Bluetooth adapter (http://www.aziocorp.com/en/connectivity/...1-edr.html), I'm getting the "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error message. After doing some investigating it appears that DS4Windows isn't compatible with the Bluetooth stack - is there any planned support for my Bluetooth adapter? Or, is there a particular adapter that is recommended to use?

I don't think I'll be able to support toshiba's stack right now. You can go to device manager, and find the bluetooth adapter, right click > and update the driver software to a generic windows bluetooth driver.
(01-28-2015, 10:28 AM)MangoTangoFox Wrote: I found a bug that I REALLY want fixed. I'm trying to map both sixaxis AND the right stick, to the right stick x and y axis. It seems to combine how you'd expect perfectly fine, but there's an issue. If the Y axis (as shown in the properties in windows of the 360 controller) got above half, further adjustments stop working with the Y axis on the analog stick, but the X axis continues fine.

To test it, set it up as:

Tilt U: Right Y-
Tilt D: Right Y+
Tilt L: Right X-
Tilt R: Right X+
And the default mapping for the Right stick, the same Y-Y+X-X+ pattern...

Now, if you watch the controller readings in the app, as well as the properties window in the windows controllers window, you'll see that with the controller tilted back, pushing the right stick up and down adjusts the Y value up and down as it should, with the tilt of the controller putting it between 0 and 49% to begin with. If you keep going up and down with the right stick, and tilt the controller forward, you'll see the the fluctuation from you messing with the right stick vertically completely stop, as soon as the sixaxis dot goes below the horizontal half way line on the controller readings.

In Mario Galaxy 2 with both wiimote tilting and cursor mapped to the xinput right stick data, the right stick moves the cursor around on screen fine, but when the resting cursor passes the middle of the screen downward, the right stick loses vertical control but keeps horizontal control, until you tilt the controller back again.

Please try to figure this out. I'd love this to work. If Dolphin accepted the raw sixaxis data in some way, I could keep tilting and cursor placement entirely separate, but that doesn't seem possible without switching one or the other to digital inputs using keyboard binds.

I think I see what you're getting at, and I'll try to fix it.
EDIT: actually I'm not sure what you're asking, the right stick always takes control if it's pressed.
(01-29-2015, 01:21 AM)sunfizz98 Wrote: I'm trying to get Guild Wars 2 to work with this DS4Windows but none of the mappings seem to work. I mapped WASD to the left joystick directions but those don't work either.
Have you tried enabling scan code? If that doesn't work then it might be a game you just can emulate keys on, as there's nothing c# (what DS4Windows was coded in) can do to emulate for that game.
(01-29-2015, 08:04 PM)Pro_info Wrote: I don't have rumble with Dinput mode.

With XBCD driver, rumble work.
would it be possible to recover the vibrations of the game the same way as xbcd in your software? (xbcd is not very stable and is not compatible with some launcher as uplay for example.)

The possibility of assigning 1axe by trigger would also excellent.^^

thx
I'm exactly sure what you're asking, if the game is using dinput then it can't use rumble as dinput has no api for rumble, however xinput does.

(01-31-2015, 09:25 PM)samal90 Wrote: Hi guys,

just bought a ps4 controller and downloaded ds4windows. I was able to pair the controller with my bluetooth dongle, but the controller still doesn't appear in ds4windows. i installed the driver and downloaded the xbox360 driver...but the program just cant see the controller. Controller works in steam big picture mode though, but not in games.

I'm using the AZIO bluetooth dongle on my pc.

thanks
as said above AZIO uses toshiba's bluetooth driver, you either need to update the driver to a generic bluetooth driver (Read above) or get a new adapter, sorry.
Thank you and KoNoRIMCI for the translation into Russian!