DS4Windows - J2K
@Jays2Kings
So can you check if installing the driver with "Step 1: Install the DS4 Driver" button works in portable mode? There also doesn't seem to be any indication whether the installation began, which really should exist IMO. When I click on it the second time I get some kind of error of accessing the folder.

Sponsored links

(11-06-2014, 05:34 PM)GeneralFailer Wrote: @Jays2Kings
So can you check if installing the driver with "Step 1: Install the DS4 Driver" button works in portable mode? There also doesn't seem to be any indication whether the installation began, which really should exist IMO. When I click on it the second time I get some kind of error of accessing the folder.

The site was down at the time, so the driver couldn't be downloaded (it's back up btw).

When you Step 1, it will show downloading, then a UAC prompt, and it will say "Installing..." and finally the install was complete.
I'm new to the DS4 world, so pardon me if this has been asked elsewhere...

Has any work been put into making the headphone jack or internal speaker work on the controller?

I have to say, I love being able to use this for button use AND the touchpad. I get to sit back from the screen to play Civ: Beyond Earth. Laugh Plus I don't have to replace my bluetooth stack anymore like I had to for the DS3.
I just noticed a problem that I'm having with the joysticks in Windows 8.1. For some reason, both sticks default to slightly up and to the left, giving especially the left stick a simulated drifting problem (I noticed this in Metro 2033 Redux a few minutes ago). I thought maybe it was a controller problem, but I just tried it on my Windows 7 laptop, and it centers perfectly on there. I'm making sure to not press anything as the controller connects, but nothing fixes it. Am I doing something wrong? I don't think it ever did this before.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-08-2014, 09:12 AM)TesseractE Wrote: I'm new to the DS4 world, so pardon me if this has been asked elsewhere...

Has any work been put into making the headphone jack or internal speaker work on the controller?

I have to say, I love being able to use this for button use AND the touchpad. I get to sit back from the screen to play Civ: Beyond Earth. Laugh Plus I don't have to replace my bluetooth stack anymore like I had to for the DS3.

It's been asked too many times so the short answer is no.
(11-08-2014, 11:57 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: I just noticed a problem that I'm having with the joysticks in Windows 8.1. For some reason, both sticks default to slightly up and to the left, giving especially the left stick a simulated drifting problem (I noticed this in Metro 2033 Redux a few minutes ago). I thought maybe it was a controller problem, but I just tried it on my Windows 7 laptop, and it centers perfectly on there. I'm making sure to not press anything as the controller connects, but nothing fixes it. Am I doing something wrong? I don't think it ever did this before.

Have you tried re-calibrating the controller (wireless controller not the x360 that's made) in the control panel?
(11-08-2014, 07:19 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: It's been asked too many times so the short answer is no.

Have you tried re-calibrating the controller (wireless controller not the x360 that's made) in the control panel?

I just tried that, but it didn't fix anything. Interestingly, in the testing windows of the Windows control panel, it shows that the sticks are centered correctly; it's only DS4Windows that it's off, and only on that one PC, both wired and wireless. I tried an older version of DS4Windows, too, and it was still doing it there. It's obviously something on my end, since my laptop works just fine; I just can't figure out what it is.
Use the analog stick dead zone options. That is what they are for; to fix worn sticks whose default position is not directly center anymore. I recommend 0.10 for both sticks.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(11-08-2014, 11:39 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: I just tried that, but it didn't fix anything. Interestingly, in the testing windows of the Windows control panel, it shows that the sticks are centered correctly; it's only DS4Windows that it's off, and only on that one PC, both wired and wireless. I tried an older version of DS4Windows, too, and it was still doing it there. It's obviously something on my end, since my laptop works just fine; I just can't figure out what it is.

Actually if it's just DS4W showing it, then it might just be the program giving you bad info since iirc you're using a higher DPI so it may get off centered. It could just be a placebo effect in game, but I can't be sure without trying that DPI myself.
(11-08-2014, 11:49 PM)shinra358 Wrote: Use the analog stick dead zone options. That is what they are for; to fix worn sticks whose default position is not directly center anymore. I recommend 0.10 for both sticks.

The thing is that the sticks actually DO center correctly on my other computer. I guess the dead zones would work, but I'm wondering why it's only happening on one machine.

(11-09-2014, 12:12 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: Actually if it's just DS4W showing it, then it might just be the program giving you bad info since iirc you're using a higher DPI so it may get off centered. It could just be a placebo effect in game, but I can't be sure without trying that DPI myself.

Actually that could be true. I did mess with my resolution settings, so maybe that did something.
(11-08-2014, 07:19 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: It's been asked too many times so the short answer is no.

Got it. Another question for you. The DS4 keeps losing touch with the X360 drivers. I've uninstalled everything, rebooted, then reinstalled and it'll work fine for a while (usually tested by hitting the PS button and triggering the 'ring' overlay). My best guess is that it may have to do with putting my laptop to sleep while the controller's plugged in.

That said, usually the only way I've found to get things back on track is to uninstall and reinstall the 360 drivers with a reboot in between... Not optimal.

Any thoughts on what I could do differently or is this a bug? I'll be happy to help troubleshoot if it's the latter.

[Edit] Got one more question: Is there a way to turn the triggers into Digital input that games could pick up as additional assignable buttons?