DS4Windows - J2K
Jays2Kings do you think is possible to enable some SIXAXIS support in future?
I´m trying to set my DS4 with the Dolphin emulator but I can´t set the motion controls.

If this is already possible any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Sponsored links

Sorry guys it's been a busy week, and I won't be able to push an update this weekend.

(10-23-2014, 07:14 AM)spiwar Wrote: can anyone tell me how to reduce latency? i have it over usb and it has 4ms latency.

On usb it's fixed at 4ms
(10-24-2014, 04:38 AM)Nightfire37 Wrote: Ive noticed that this depends on the type of BT adapter. My laptop can get around 3-4 while my old BT 2.1+EDR (yes barely meets min) can get less than 1 to 2 ms at most.

Hey Jayz2Kings, for some odd reason I cannot get DInput to work. Im scratching my head right now. I unbinded all the X360 controls and all sorts to make it DInput only since I have a profile to switch between Xinput and Dinput. Anyone else have this issue or they got it working?

Edit: So I got DInput to work by plugging it in via USB but it does not work over BT. Interesting but it makes me wonder if its a BT limitation.......

Yeah Dinput only is a work in progress. right now it only works via usb.

(10-24-2014, 08:45 AM)MangoTangoFox Wrote: Also, any idea why Page Down assigned under a shift modifier would fail to work for a RivaTuner OSD hotkey? I use Page Down to toggle on and off the OSD, and it doesn't seem to see the input with PS (as shift) + Square (PgDown), even though it's clearly pressing the page down key as any selected window scrolls down. I also have a Insert hotkey for RivaTuner screenshots, but I haven't tried to use it yet to see if it works. With macros, I wasn't able to map Alt+___. I had to end up using L1 as Alt, L2 as Shift, and R1 as Tab for the steam overlay and alt/tab menus. Although I guess it works out better that way because I can hold L1 and use R1 to tab through multiple apps rather than one at a time with a single key bound to an Alt+Tab macro.

I'm not sure wht the shift modifer isn't working right now, I'll try to check it out soon. Also alt+tab isn't supported right now, even as a macro it doesn't work properly iirc, I'll try to add preset macros like alt+tab. Also for shift+tab for steam, you need to use delays as steam won't get both inputs in time.
(10-25-2014, 01:32 PM)billsmugs Wrote: I've just installed the program for the first time and I'm having a couple of small problems.

Firstly, I've checked the "Hide DS4" box and this correctly shows only the 360 controller in the Windows 8 "Game Controllers" window when connected via Bluetooth, but when I have the DS4 connected over USB (for example while charging) another "Wireless Controller" appears (see attached screenshot). If I click on its properties it registers inputs, so I assume it would cause problems with any game that can see non-360 controllers?

Secondly, I want to map the touchpad "button" to the select/back button, rather than using it as a touchpad. I tried setting "Left Touch" "Right Touch" "Upper Touch" and "Multitouch" to "Back" but it doesn't register presses in the centre or bottom of the pad. Here's how I've got my profile set up:

Is there a setting I've missed to just use the touchpad click as a button and ignore the touch position etc? If I put the controller in Dinput only mode it behaves how I want, but most games won't recognise it.

A third thing that isn't really a problem, but would be useful if the functionality is there: is it possible to set a different key/macro to a quick press vs hold of a button? (e.g. tap share for F12 screenshot, hold share for Alt+F10 Nvidia Shadowplay save). If it's not already possible I could probably set up an autohotkey script or something to acheive the same effect, but since I'm posting here I thought I might as well ask.
1) Right now Hiding the DS4 only works for only wired or only BT, not both currently, sorry about that.
2) Also somehow the touchpad isn't working right now with 360 actions for some reason, when I get the next build out it should be fine again.
3)I'll try to look into tap & hold actions, that's not aa bad idea.
(10-26-2014, 07:51 PM)bola08 Wrote: Jays2Kings do you think is possible to enable some SIXAXIS support in future?
I´m trying to set my DS4 with the Dolphin emulator but I can´t set the motion controls.

If this is already possible any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

It's already supported. Sixaxis Gyro the tilt commands are tilt controls.
(10-27-2014, 12:18 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: It's already supported. Sixaxis Gyro the tilt commands are tilt controls.

Great!
But how can I assign them to be recognized as a motion axis?
Like a AXIS?

Does the DS4 driver have native inputs for the SIXAXIS?

Also the "Dinput only" is not working for me.
I can only use the DS4 controller as a wireless controller if I don´t open the DS4tool.
(10-27-2014, 01:35 AM)bola08 Wrote: Great!
But how can I assign them to be recognized as a motion axis?
Like a AXIS?

Does the DS4 driver have native inputs for the SIXAXIS?

Also the "Dinput only" is not working for me.
I can only use the DS4 controller as a wireless controller if I don´t open the DS4tool.

It can only be assigned to a 360 axis, the driver doesn't modify the regular DS4 driver, just adds a virtual 360 controller, so no the sixaxis can't be used natively.

And "dinput only" only works wired for now
(10-27-2014, 12:18 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: Sorry guys it's been a busy week, and I won't be able to push an update this weekend.

Yeah Dinput only is a work in progress. right now it only works via usb.

Ahhh ok thanks for that. We can wait dude. Keep up the great work on the program Biggrin
(10-27-2014, 12:18 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: 1) Right now Hiding the DS4 only works for only wired or only BT, not both currently, sorry about that.
2) Also somehow the touchpad isn't working right now with 360 actions for some reason, when I get the next build out it should be fine again.
3)I'll try to look into tap & hold actions, that's not aa bad idea.

Thanks for the reply. Is there an easy way to disable Bluetooth while charging, or should I just remove the device through Windows, then re-add it once charging is finished?
(10-28-2014, 09:43 PM)billsmugs Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Is there an easy way to disable Bluetooth while charging, or should I just remove the device through Windows, then re-add it once charging is finished?

What i do when my controller is running low is use my charger from my cell phone so you can continue playing but I keep my cell phone charger on my desk.
(10-28-2014, 10:35 PM)Nightfire37 Wrote: What i do when my controller is running low is use my charger from my cell phone so you can continue playing but I keep my cell phone charger on my desk.

I hadn't thought of that, it might actually be more convenient and tidier for my setup than plugging it into the computer, as well as fixing this issue, so thanks for the idea!
(10-28-2014, 09:43 PM)billsmugs Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Is there an easy way to disable Bluetooth while charging, or should I just remove the device through Windows, then re-add it once charging is finished?

You can just press PS button + options which will turn the controller off. Then when you plug it in to charge it should just connect over USB.
Version 1.4.0.8
Rework x360 mapping similarly to v1.4.0.75, however this time testing has been done and truely works Smile. With this update you can map sticks to multiple things and swap the actions of two buttons/sticks/triggers
Remapping touchpad clicks improvements