DS4Windows - J2K
Is it possible to use the R3, right analog stick as a mouse. I am aware you can use the touch-pad but I do not want that.

Sponsored links

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with ds4windows that i'm hoping someone can help me solve.

My ds4 controller has recently stopped being detected by both my pc and ds4w. I use a usb connection normally since I don't currently have a bluetooth dongle and up until a few days ago it worked fine. The other day though ds4w gave me a pop up asking for admin permission which I granted in order to launch the program. However upon startup the program told me it couldn't detect any controllers. I'd plug my controller in and the lightbar would briefly flash orange and then shut off. My pc won't even give me the little notification telling me i've plugged it in via usb anymore.

I've tried unistalling/reinstalling the program and all my ds4/360 drivers
I've tried using an older ds4w version
I've tried running it as an admin
I've tried using a different usb cable
Also tried using the reset method on the controller itself via the small hole on the back
None of these have worked.

After about 3 days of no detection from ds4w, I gave up and have started using Input Mapper which for some unknown reason can detect my ds4 controller no problem using the same usb cable I generally use. The problem with this however is that I prefer ds4w over input mapper and would rather use that, and my pc still doesn't give me any notification that the controller is being plugged in / recognized.

I did recently upgrade to windows 10 anniversary about a week ago and i'm not sure if that would have anything to do with it, but I highly doubt it since the controller and ds4w worked totally fine post update until they just up and stopped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(10-07-2016, 09:52 AM)Greyfallon Wrote: I did recently upgrade to windows 10 anniversary about a week ago and i'm not sure if that would have anything to do with it, but I highly doubt it since the controller and ds4w worked totally fine post update until they just up and stopped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Seems like a few people have trouble with controller detection with Windows 10 AU. But someone with Windows 7 also had the same problem. Maybe post all your findings here https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/issues/176

Try older versions of DS4W and see if any of them work. Maybe we can narrow down the source of the problem to a bug in the latest version of DS4Windows.
(10-07-2016, 11:04 PM)Vanquo Wrote: Seems like a few people have trouble with controller detection with Windows 10 AU. But someone with Windows 7 also had the same problem. Maybe post all your findings here https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows/issues/176

Try older versions of DS4W and see if any of them work. Maybe we can narrow down the source of the problem to a bug in the latest version of DS4Windows.

Alright, i'll give that a shot. I've tried using an older version of ds4w already, but I haven't tried every version. Thanks for the response.
(09-30-2016, 10:11 PM)Vanquo Wrote: Dude, your problem isn't even related to DS4Windows at all. It's like Windows and hardware driver stuff. Have you even searched your specific bluetooth dongle on google and see if there's any specific problem associated with it and Windows 10 AU?  If everyone else has it working with it then there's something wrong with your OS install.

It would also help if there was some more information about that bluetooth dongles model. People can't give you driver links for hardware they don't know about. You didn't even say if you tried uninstalling the the bluetooth device and drivers from device manager and letting Windows find compatible drivers from windows update. One of the reasons it might not show in the settings menu is because Windows doesn't think you have bluetooth at all or at least one with compatible drivers.

At this point we're at tech support crap like "is it plugged in? turn it off and on again" kinda deal. Windows 10 has that "reset this PC" thing you could use. You just have to do basic back ups before you do all that. Like making a system image or clone of your current setup before you do a reset. Sometimes it's just better to nuke the OS and start fresh than to pull your hair out trying figure out the exact cause. It's usually faster too.
My bluetooth
dongle's model is Speed Link 4.0

Or:
SL-7411-BK

I did downloaded Speed Links drivers and can pair,but DS4Windows won't recognize it at all... nor the Win10 bluetooth drivers....
(10-08-2016, 11:46 AM)Emulatongs Wrote: My bluetooth
dongle's model is Speed Link 4.0

Or:
SL-7411-BK

I did downloaded Speed Links drivers and can pair,but DS4Windows won't recognize it at all... nor the Win10 bluetooth drivers....

Go try this software to force your adapter to use microsofts bluetooth stack http://bluetoothinstaller.com/

Referenced this fix from https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows...-170362591

Other troubleshooting method is to try another PC with the latest Window 10 update and see if it works there. If it does then your config is jank and needs a refresh. If not then you're outta luck. You'll need to buy another adapter that's compatible.
I'm having issues again...
DS4Windows freezes and controller won't Work again untill I end DS4windows.exe task and open it again
getting bsod issues after latest update, as soon as I plug my controller in with the program running, it freezes up
(10-10-2016, 01:12 AM)xizic Wrote: getting bsod issues after latest update, as soon as I plug my controller in with the program running, it freezes up

I recommend reverting to the previous version 1.4.5 and disable check for updates until the problem is fixed. 

There is some strangeness happening with the new version, as people are reporting being unable to hide DS4 controllers, and not being able to obtain exclusive access to controllers.

Hopefully the next version will get it right Smile

If you can't find the previous version, let me know - I have it.
(10-10-2016, 04:22 AM)Tristan Young Wrote: I recommend reverting to the previous version 1.4.5 and disable check for updates until the problem is fixed. 

There is some strangeness happening with the new version, as people are reporting being unable to hide DS4 controllers, and not being able to obtain exclusive access to controllers.

Hopefully the next version will get it right Smile

If you can't find the previous version, let me know - I have it.

Thanks for the info bud, I tried what you said and as it turned out it was an issues with Driver Verifier. Having disabled it, my issues no longer exist. Thanks again  Biggrin