DS4Windows - J2K
When I plug in my PS4 controller the light bar flashes on for a second then nothing happens. Any idea why?

Sponsored links

(04-18-2017, 11:46 AM)spiritpalsy Wrote: Hi everyone
Sorry for my English

I have one problem with DS4Windows software; I want when I connect ds4 controller to pc its light to be turn off (automatic) but its not possible. DS4Windows run at startup but when I connect ds4 controller its light is on (light blue), I created a profile and turn off light in setting but every time that I connect ds4 controller light is on and I must open ds4windows window from task bar and click on lightbar color B and move it some to right and then back to privies place (on left) to turn off my light controller!!! How its possible it do automatic?

Thx a lot

[Image: dvi1_ds4wprob.jpg]

sorry this this problem (my problem) solved in new update, i used old version then i had problem but in new version its ok thx a lot.
So, DS4 worked just fine until today, I tried using the scp toolkit to connect a ps3 controller, it didn't work out as planned and after some failed attempts I just unnistalled it, but now DS4 is not working either, it doesn't recognize my ps4 controllers, and I don't know what to do
Hello community !
First of all excellent work J2K DS4 tools support the ds4 controller better than the ps4 Biggrin
Nonetheless i have a "special" request, feel free to correct if the option already exists and i didn't found it:
I'm wondering if it's possible to record a macro from two controllers at the same time, after connecting my 2 controllers and began editing one of the profiles, set a special action but the macro only recorded one of the controllers, after that i tried to open 2 ds4 windows but it didn't want to.
Hey folks,

so I've been pulling out my hair over this issue the last few days and figured it's time I asked for someone else to have a look at this. So this is basically what happens as soon as I connect my PS4 controller using Bluetooth.

http://imgur.com/oAmCX3O

I've tried to following things already to analyze some things.
I've tested the controller and the Bluetooth dongle in my GF's laptop using DS4Windows. This works perfectly smooth and the signal reaches from the kitchen all the way to the end of the living room (around 10m) without any latency whatsoever. This indicates that both the controller and Bluetooth dongle are working as intended.

So the problem resides somewhere within my PC. I've tried to use XInput instead of DS4Windows but both report similar errors instantly indicating that the problem is not software related (at least not choice of controller program). I've switched the BT dongle from the front USB port (USB 3.0 port) to a rear USB port (USB 2.0). Other then the controller being detected faster the latency issue still remains. I've also verified the power setting which was one of the first things I ran in to when I tried to search for a solution but this was already set to High Performance and not set to the default Balanced power scheme.

So I'm kinda running out of options. I even updated the firmware for my BIOS to the latest version but this didn't change anything.
If anyone still has a suggestion I'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance.

P.S. This is the hardware I'm running:

Intel Kaby Lake Core i7 7700
Asus ATX Maximus IX Hero
Corsair 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL16, Vengeance LPX
Asus GeForce GTX 1080 ROG Strix A8 8GB
Asus USB-BT400 - Bluetooth-adapter - USB 4.0
(05-10-2017, 07:10 AM)JerosNL Wrote: Hey folks,

so I've been pulling out my hair over this issue the last few days and figured it's time I asked for someone else to have a look at this. So this is basically what happens as soon as I connect my PS4 controller using Bluetooth.

http://imgur.com/oAmCX3O

I've tried to following things already to analyze some things.
I've tested the controller and the Bluetooth dongle in my GF's laptop using DS4Windows. This works perfectly smooth and the signal reaches from the kitchen all the way to the end of the living room (around 10m) without any latency whatsoever. This indicates that both the controller and Bluetooth dongle are working as intended.

So the problem resides somewhere within my PC. I've tried to use XInput instead of DS4Windows but both report similar errors instantly indicating that the problem is not software related (at least not choice of controller program). I've switched the BT dongle from the front USB port (USB 3.0 port) to a rear USB port (USB 2.0). Other then the controller being detected faster the latency issue still remains. I've also verified the power setting which was one of the first things I ran in to when I tried to search for a solution but this was already set to High Performance and not set to the default Balanced power scheme.

So I'm kinda running out of options. I even updated the firmware for my BIOS to the latest version but this didn't change anything.
If anyone still has a suggestion I'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance.

P.S. This is the hardware I'm running:

Intel Kaby Lake Core i7 7700
Asus ATX Maximus IX Hero
Corsair 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL16, Vengeance LPX
Asus GeForce GTX 1080 ROG Strix A8 8GB
Asus USB-BT400 - Bluetooth-adapter - USB 4.0

I actually managed to 'fix' it by putting the dongle in a 1,5m usb extension cable and move that away from the PC. I can't explain it but it feels like somehow there's something inside the PC that's causing an interference of some sorts.
I'm trying to hook up my PS4 controller to DS4Windows so I can play Dragon age O on Origin. Now I've got the controller setup and everything installed. my computer recognizes the controller but the only thing that seems to work is the mouse pad part int he center of the controller-- all the other controls are unresponsive. I do not have bluetooth capability, only USB.

Can someone help a girl out?

EDIT: Windows 7 is what I operate on.
Just out of interest, is there any driver solution for Win10 that doesn't emulate an Xbox Controller? I have seen the excellent Fireshock driver development, but it has latency issues and isn't usable right now.

Just trying to get my Playstation Nav to work, without the Xbox emulation.

Cheers! Smile
I tried to do a search for this issue of mine, but I'm not sure if it's worded differently or not so I figured I'd ask here. I love DS4Windows...been using it for a while and it's worked great for me except for one issue. If I forget to exit the DS4Windows app after I'm done using my controller...DS4Windows will prevent my computer from entering power saving mode. The Screensaver will never activate and the monitors will never turn off because of this. I looked through the settings and everything and can't seem to find a way to remedy this. Does anyone else experience this problem and know how to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 Creator's update just in case that's a factor. Thank you for your time.
Hello Folks.  It seems like this fork of DS4Windows is not receiving much support.

I found another fork which picks up where this one leaves off.

https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases

Many bugfixes and improvements have landed in this fork.  I've been running it for the last several months, and it works great.  I can't guarantee it will work for you, or even fix the problems you're having, but it has received numerous optimizations which translate to lower latency (more responsive).

Hopefully Jays2Kings will merge the changes with his, since a lot of people seem to follow his project - they deserve the benefits too.

Have fun!