DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
(03-15-2014, 10:39 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: Alright they're finished, here's a few examples of it, the rest are in the zip:
[Image: 68I9YOT.png][Image: tKF3fzP.png][Image: Ev25ZO2.png][Image: lKbHCqV.png][Image: P0TJ2Ch.png][Image: cG3U3NR.png]

Those look great! We can apply masks to them to color them the same as the configured light bar colors to distinguish them, too, since you did a nice monochrome color scheme.

Sponsored links

Posted a new release just now -- see the original post! Highlights are:
* Enhance touchpad precision by now paying attention to possible second, third and fourth touchpad data subpackets that arrive within the same HID input report data packet.
* Do a better job at displaying the charge level and charging indication.
(03-15-2014, 10:39 PM)Jays2Kings Wrote: Alright they're finished, here's a few examples of it, the rest are in the zip:
[Image: 68I9YOT.png][Image: tKF3fzP.png][Image: Ev25ZO2.png][Image: lKbHCqV.png][Image: P0TJ2Ch.png][Image: cG3U3NR.png]

Bad news, they don't work nice on the traybar Sad
That's how they look:
[Image: OYhNkq4l.jpg]

I don't know if there are too many details or is the conversion (i need to convert them from image to icons), but i modified a little the application: now it loads those images from a directory instead of the assembly.

You can try different images (keep using images, don't use ico) without the need to recompile.

Attached Files
.zip   Release.zip (Size: 368,77 KB / Downloads: 263)
(03-16-2014, 03:45 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: Bad news, they don't work nice on the traybar Sad
That's how they look:

I don't know if there are too many details or is the conversion (i need to convert them from image to icons), but i modified a little the application: now it loads those images from a directory instead of the assembly.

You can try different images (keep using images, don't use ico) without the need to recompile.

How about a small (2 pixel) radial burst gradient around the controller that we apply the current light bar color to as a mask? That should let you easily differentiate it. That or just put it in a box, like Scarlet.Crush's icon -- no use of alpha whatsoever.
(03-16-2014, 03:58 PM)electrobrains Wrote: How about a small (2 pixel) radial burst gradient around the controller that we apply the current light bar color to as a mask? That should let you easily differentiate it. That or just put it in a box, like Scarlet.Crush's icon -- no use of alpha whatsoever.

I like the idea of gradient, i need to investigate if it's possibile to apply it efficiently at runtime. Probably i can load the image from file/resource, apply a gradient around it with the correct color, convert to Bitmap and then convert Bitmap to Icon. (it's a convoluted thing but it's the only way to do id)
Alternatively, i should look some custom library to handle NotifyIcon with WPF (i'm using the NotifyIcon from WindowsForms because WPF doesn't have it)

ATM is something like this:

Code:
dictionary[id].Icon = Icon.FromHandle(((Bitmap)Image.FromFile(Environment.CurrentDirectory + @"\Icons\10.png")).GetHicon());

And should be something like that:
Code:
Image image = Image.FromFile(Environment.CurrentDirectory + @"\Icons\10.png");
image = AddGradientToImage(image); //this method need to be created
dictionary[id].Icon = ((Bitmap)image).GetHicon();

But first i want the icons to look good without fancy effects
(03-16-2014, 03:45 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: Bad news, they don't work nice on the traybar Sad
That's how they look:

Dang that's a shame. I'll keep editing them to see if I can make them look better, however using your tool, I can't get the icons to show up in the taskbar. I used the DS4 tool with Tester, added a controller via Tester but it doesn't appear in DS4. Am I doing it wrong?
(03-16-2014, 05:33 PM)Donbabbeo Wrote: I like the idea of gradient, i need to investigate if it's possibile to apply it efficiently at runtime. Probably i can load the image from file/resource, apply a gradient around it with the correct color, convert to Bitmap and then convert Bitmap to Icon. (it's a convoluted thing but it's the only way to do id)
Alternatively, i should look some custom library to handle NotifyIcon with WPF (i'm using the NotifyIcon from WindowsForms because WPF doesn't have it)

ATM is something like this:

Code:
dictionary[id].Icon = Icon.FromHandle(((Bitmap)Image.FromFile(Environment.CurrentDirectory + @"\Icons\10.png")).GetHicon());

And should be something like that:
Code:
Image image = Image.FromFile(Environment.CurrentDirectory + @"\Icons\10.png");
image = AddGradientToImage(image); //this method need to be created
dictionary[id].Icon = ((Bitmap)image).GetHicon();

But first i want the icons to look good without fancy effects

Don't worry too much about efficiency because we are just going to be generating it, at most, as often as the light bar changes color for purposes of signaling the battery level. I already fixed in my branch the extra updates of the GUI that were not necessary, and now it will only change when mouse mode or battery charge status changes.

The color highlight I figure would be a separate mask bitmap you or I make by hand that we then colorize and then we just AND/OR that and the charge level indicator icon base.
I've just posted another release for today, 2014-03-16.1. HID input and output to and from the DS4 has been broken out into separate threads of execution and can now occur simultaneously rather than in lockstep. This should reduce latency for both input and output.
Great program, you are the best! bu i have one question. How do i configurate the six axes to buttons or something? For example turn the controller right to reload or drive or something? If i talk pure ***** just tell me, i have no clue <.<
(03-17-2014, 01:57 PM)Rizzler Wrote: Great program, you are the best! bu i have one question. How do i configurate the six axes to buttons or something? For example turn the controller right to reload or drive or something? If i talk pure ***** just tell me, i have no clue <.<

I haven't worked on motion controls yet, because I'm still focusing on touchpad-oriented controls for the time being. Soon you will have access to far more than two zones for physical virtual buttons on the touchpad in Button Mouse mode, and I'm going to expand the customization of triggers so that they can "lock" and "unlock" into and out of a triggered position, and give you rumble feedback.

Thanks for the feedback Smile