DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
(10-09-2014, 12:31 AM)lipebari Wrote: Scarlet's package works with Bluetooth differently from DS4Tool (and its forks).......
I see on a different forum that you have scarlets tool working with both PS3 and PS4 controllers. We have discussed here (and especially here) the possibility of this so it is good to hear it can be done. Can you walks us through exactly what it took?

Sponsored links

(10-09-2014, 10:10 AM)Vrokolos Wrote: Yes but you can use Ctrl-Shift-Esc which is not protected by the OS

Correct, unfortunately that one does not give you the cool thumbnail popup but it does the job
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
@Jays2Kings - would it be possible to add a command line argument or an option that disables the touchpad upon startup?
(10-09-2014, 09:25 PM)burndtjamb Wrote: @Jays2Kings - would it be possible to add a command line argument or an option that disables the touchpad upon startup?

There is a "start with slide/scroll off" option in profile settings.
Not sure if J2K is still around but I posted earlier about DS4windows still showing up when Alt+tabbing even when minimized to the tray.

I've managed to fix it myself by adding 2 lines of code in the resize function as follows:

Quote:protected void Form_Resize(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
if (FormWindowState.Minimized == this.WindowState)
{
this.Hide();
this.ShowInTaskbar = false;
this.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.SizableToolWindow;
}

else if (FormWindowState.Normal == this.WindowState)
{
this.Show();
this.ShowInTaskbar = true;
this.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.Sizable;
}
chData.AutoResize(ColumnHeaderAutoResizeStyle.HeaderSize);
}

Not sure if J2K wants to implement this in a future build but if anyone is interested I can upload my modified version here.
(10-10-2014, 03:59 AM)youturnjason Wrote: There is a "start with slide/scroll off" option in profile settings.

Totally missed that, thanks!
(10-10-2014, 04:32 AM)youturnjason Wrote: Not sure if J2K is still around but I posted earlier about DS4windows still showing up when Alt+tabbing even when minimized to the tray.

I've managed to fix it myself by adding 2 lines of code in the resize function as follows:

Not sure if J2K wants to implement this in a future build but if anyone is interested I can upload my modified version here.

Sorry I've been busy for a while, haven't had much time to work on DS4W, I'll be sure to add this in though, thanks for figuring it out.
If anyone wants to swap the rumble motors change this line:
Code:
DS4Controllers[deviceNum].setRumble((byte)lightBoosted, (byte)heavyBoosted);
To this:
Code:
DS4Controllers[deviceNum].setRumble((byte)heavyBoosted, (byte)lightBoosted);

That might not be the best place to make this change but then I'm no coder. To verify that this is the correct configuration, download PCSX2 from the main site, go to Config > Controllers > Plugin Settings (for Lilypad), then navigate to the Pad 1 tab, click Big Motor and then Test. It should rumble the left (heavy) motor.
Star 
Hey I have a problem :( very annoying and kinda makes things unplayable with 2 people.
So here is my problem:
When I use DS3Tool and DS4Windows at the same time to play games with my PS3 and PS4 controller, the DS3 tool is always player 1 in all the games..
And theres NO way i could find to change this.
Half the time that means I can't even control the main menu.
basically if I open DS4windows and then connect DS3Tool, DS4Windows is always 2nd player until I reboot windows and it resets the DS3 drivers. Even if I disconnect The PS3 controller my DS4 controller is still player 2.. until I restart windows.

I tried changing the preferred device in windows game controllers, but it doesn't seem to do anything...
I really hope someone can help me get my DS4 to be primary controller. :(

The only way I can get it to work for any game is to start from a fresh reboot, connect ps4 controller, alt tab and connect ps3 controller, then it works. But as soon as I close the game the PS3 controller will be player 1 for everything else.
@frappim: The controller is always player 2 when xinput is on. When dinput is on, it's player 1. I was thinking about asking for a fix for this too if it was possible. If Hide DS4 is checked, xinput would read as controller 1 and if it is unchecked, then xinput would read as it does now. That would be a good idea. That way, both dinput and xinput would be the correct numbers when they are up to bat.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb