DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
(09-02-2014, 07:13 PM)TheDeadSkin Wrote: Because when utility is stopped - the tool just stops controlling DS4. This means control over it goes back to Windows, and default scenario in this case is a switch of light to white. I guess this can't be fixed.

(09-03-2014, 05:51 AM)Davenday Wrote: Hey Jay2Kings,

Really enjoying your DS4Win build, but I have been having a problem with games minimizing back to Windows (losing focus and heading back straight to desktop) on random intervals (which is really annoying during PvP in Dark Souls 2 Tongue). This isn't an issue when playing with a controller disconnected on other games, so I kinda haphazardly narrowed it down to this. I was wondering if there's something in settings that I miss that could resolve this issue.

Thanks again!

This tool never tries to regain focus on it's own, unless you made a hotkey to go back to desktop, it might not be the program. Do you have any virus protection services or something similar that alerts you with a popup etc. at random times?

(09-03-2014, 05:17 PM)Kormann Wrote: Jays2Kings, i don't have a DS4 but as I have read in your signature it seems you did a great job. Do you have any plans to support DS3? I ask this because it seems Scarlet Crush isn't active anymore and it would be cool to have one more tool to choose from.

Regards

I'm don't know how to program drivers, so likely I'm not going to add DS3 support to my tool, sorry.

Sponsored links

French translation of 1.4.0.56 it's not my last translation, I have do some changes since 1 week on french language. Tongue
(09-04-2014, 06:41 PM)DirtyShady Wrote: French translation of 1.4.0.56 it's not my last translation, I have do some changes since 1 week on french language. Tongue

The translations are anonymous to me (though I did add a credit section if you want to credit yourself). I just work with the last updated translations.
nevermind
No matter what I do I cannot get my PS4 to be wireless. I used my PS3 with DS3 tools forever but with with my PS4 controller i can only use it wired. Anyone know a fix? On win 8.1

Fixed the issue.
nevermind
Hi jays2king! i am trying to use my dualshock 4 on my pc for gaming. i installed your tool and it worked, however everytime i restart my computer i have to reinstall the ds4 driver and reboot before i can use my controller again.. The connection from the controller and pc is fine too. Is there something i am doing wrong? sorry i am new to all this!

EDIT: After poking around my pc, i found out that when the dualshock4 is off, i go to "show bluetooth devices" and saw that the controller is "currently connected" when its not even on.

EDIT 2: The problem seems to be that when i close the tool (which i set to disconnect BT when closing), the controller still appears to my computer as currently connected, even after restarting. After that, when i open the tool again it will detect the "non-existent currently connected ds4". Hence a temporary fix will be to stop and start the tool.

Anybody know of a way to disconnect the controller from my pc fully?
Hello I have some questionss Rolleyes to ask.

Why does 4DS require a Xbox360 Controller driver when the joysticks and touch pad work by themselves without one,
How can I map keyboard keys and have them work without using the xbox 360 controller driver

the xbox 360 controller uses a VAST variety of diffferent controls for many video games,
4)if i MUST use the xbox 360 controller, could I just make -in game detection- somehow disabled , by deleting a settings file or auto detection file somewhere? THANK you
So, I've run into an interesting problem with Jays2Kings's v1.4.0.56.

I just built a Windows 8 rig, and I can't seem to get the DS4's triggers to work. If DS4Windows isn't active, and Windows just sees the DS4 as "Wireless Controller," the right stick controls Z Rotation, L2 is X rotation, R2 is Y Rotation, and there's a Z Axis at the top that does nothing. With DS4Windows active, right/left on the right stick is X Rotation, up/down on the right stick is Y Rotation, and at the top is that same Z Axis that doesn't do anything; the triggers don't even register at all with DS4Windows active.

DS4Windows recognizes the triggers when I press them (if I want to rebind them), and I recalibrated the controller through Windows 8 itself, which actually DID cause the triggers to be recognized even with DS4Windows running, but nothing fixed the Z Axis.

I never had this problem in Windows 7, but I believe this program is being made in Windows 8, correct? Everything should be working. Could my Bluetooth adapter be doing this?

EDIT: It's having the same problem wired, too. :-\

EDIT 2: ...And it looks like Windows 8 is just outright lying to me. The L2 and R2 triggers aren't showing any kind of recognition whatsoever when DS4Windows is active, but they both work perfectly in every single game.
(09-13-2014, 03:08 PM)PinkCarrot Wrote: Hi jays2king! i am trying to use my dualshock 4 on my pc for gaming. i installed your tool and it worked, however everytime i restart my computer i have to reinstall the ds4 driver and reboot before i can use my controller again.. The connection from the controller and pc is fine too. Is there something i am doing wrong? sorry i am new to all this!

EDIT: After poking around my pc, i found out that when the dualshock4 is off, i go to "show bluetooth devices" and saw that the controller is "currently connected" when its not even on.

EDIT 2: The problem seems to be that when i close the tool (which i set to disconnect BT when closing), the controller still appears to my computer as currently connected, even after restarting. After that, when i open the tool again it will detect the "non-existent currently connected ds4". Hence a temporary fix will be to stop and start the tool.

Anybody know of a way to disconnect the controller from my pc fully?

I'm not 100% sure hwy that happens, it used to show that the controller was connected sometimes under bluetooth devices, but it never showed in control panel's controllers, and I never had to reinstall the drivers, you also shouldn't have to restart you pc (you may have to for installing Mircosoft's 360 driver, but I don't think so as well). Could you tell me what OS your PC is running?
(09-13-2014, 03:17 PM)moaker Wrote: Hello I have some questionss Rolleyes to ask.

Why does 4DS require a Xbox360 Controller driver when the joysticks and touch pad work by themselves without one,
How can I map keyboard keys and have them work without using the xbox 360 controller driver

the xbox 360 controller uses a VAST variety of diffferent controls for many video games

The driver is needed because many games do not detect the DS4 on it's own, however they do detect a 360 controller. If you want to not use the x360 input, tick the Dinput only setting in profile options (open up a profile) and use said profile.

(09-13-2014, 03:17 PM)moaker Wrote: 4)if i MUST use the xbox 360 controller, could I just make -in game detection- somehow disabled , by deleting a settings file or auto detection file somewhere? THANK you
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. Are you asking how to disable the xbox 360 controls in the game or the DS4 controls in game? If you want to disable 360, just tick dinput only as I mentioned above, for DS4: in the options tab, check Hide DS4 Controller.
(09-14-2014, 09:51 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: So, I've run into an interesting problem with Jays2Kings's v1.4.0.56.

I just built a Windows 8 rig, and I can't seem to get the DS4's triggers to work. If DS4Windows isn't active, and Windows just sees the DS4 as "Wireless Controller," the right stick controls Z Rotation, L2 is X rotation, R2 is Y Rotation, and there's a Z Axis at the top that does nothing. With DS4Windows active, right/left on the right stick is X Rotation, up/down on the right stick is Y Rotation, and at the top is that same Z Axis that doesn't do anything; the triggers don't even register at all with DS4Windows active.

DS4Windows recognizes the triggers when I press them (if I want to rebind them), and I recalibrated the controller through Windows 8 itself, which actually DID cause the triggers to be recognized even with DS4Windows running, but nothing fixed the Z Axis.

I never had this problem in Windows 7, but I believe this program is being made in Windows 8, correct? Everything should be working. Could my Bluetooth adapter be doing this?

EDIT: It's having the same problem wired, too. :-\

EDIT 2: ...And it looks like Windows 8 is just outright lying to me. The L2 and R2 triggers aren't showing any kind of recognition whatsoever when DS4Windows is active, but they both work perfectly in every single game.

Sony weirdly programmed the DS4. It shows different inputs for a lot of things when on wired vs. wireless, some games know how to get by this, I personally don't know however as I'm not a hardware guy, however some things don't such as windows 8.

Also Version 1.4.0.6 incoming
  • Profile option to turn off touchpad at start
  • Better disabling and re-enabling of the vitrual x360 for dinput only mode
  • Bottom text of DS4Windows now hosts the description of items in profile options instead of a floating tool tip
  • If first startup of DS4Windows/no profiles are found, a default profile is made
  • Extra tip in driver window
  • Update to french translations (however the translations require another update now)

EDIT:
Version 1.4.0.61
bug fix for dinput mode making multiple 360 controllers

Attached Files
.zip   DS4Windows - J2K (v1.4.0.61).zip (Size: 1,04 MB / Downloads: 2.250)