DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
(10-11-2014, 10:07 PM)shinra358 Wrote: @frappim: The controller is always player 2 when xinput is on. When dinput is on, it's player 1. I was thinking about asking for a fix for this too if it was possible. If Hide DS4 is checked, xinput would read as controller 1 and if it is unchecked, then xinput would read as it does now. That would be a good idea. That way, both dinput and xinput would be the correct numbers when they are up to bat.

there is no Hide DS4 button Sad There is a exclusive mode one though, but that still doesn't make my PS4 controller have priority over my PS3 controller.. (btw they're both using Xinput)
I still have the same problem, once I connect my PS3 controller to my PC with "Better DS3" Program, it makes it's self player 1 no matter what I do. even if I disconnect the PS3 controller from my PC, my PS4 controller will still be player 2...

To be honest, it's hard to explain /:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Wrong program for this thread. But still same issue for this version in this thread.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(10-11-2014, 11:16 PM)shinra358 Wrote: Wrong program for this thread. But still same issue for this version in this thread.

oh xD well sorry about that, they both have the same name S:
but damn I guess I'll go find the correct thread for the DS4Windows tool I'm using
There's an issue when playing FFXIII with the confirm and cancel buttons. Using the controller without this program, the confirm button is circle. With the program and with xinput, the confirm button could be X or it could be circle. I thought it was linked to the resolution, but it's not. When entering the game, sometimes the confirm button switches and is set at the start of the game because it doesn't change in the middle of the game. I see that with my logitech, the confirm button is always X. So I think dinput controls are bleeding through somehow in the coding in this program. Dinput is not checked and hide DS4 is checked. Looked in the xml to confirm. In-game, the button prompts show up correctly too. If A is confirm at the time, then the A button is shown in-game. If it's B at the time, then it's B on the screen. Again, Logitech controller, confirm is always X.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(10-12-2014, 07:13 PM)shinra358 Wrote: There's an issue when playing FFXIII with the confirm and cancel buttons. Using the controller without this program, the confirm button is circle. With the program and with xinput, the confirm button could be X or it could be circle. I thought it was linked to the resolution, but it's not. When entering the game, sometimes the confirm button switches and is set at the start of the game because it doesn't change in the middle of the game. I see that with my logitech, the confirm button is always X. So I think dinput controls are bleeding through somehow in the coding in this program. Dinput is not checked and hide DS4 is checked. Looked in the xml to confirm. In-game, the button prompts show up correctly too. If A is confirm at the time, then the A button is shown in-game. If it's B at the time, then it's B on the screen. Again, Logitech controller, confirm is always X.

I don't have FFXIII to test,but there is a problem hiding dinput if you're on bluetooth and charging, as the usb connection adds another dinput. Right now I don't have permanent solution, just if a program uses both dinput, just use bluetooth or wired, but not both.

Also check the log to make sure exclusive mode is actually working.
Alright I'm finally gonna leave this thread alone, as I made my own, you can check out all the details about it here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4Windows-J2K

There's also a new version and new site so check out

Version 1.4.0.7
Improved mapping support: can better handle the switching of controls: ie triangle and circle/dpad and left stick/L1+R1 and L2+R2. If you have a profile with swap buttons, they may not work until you open the profile in settings and resave.
Servers moved to ds4winsdows.com
Remove DS4Windows from Alt+tab menu if minimized to tray (thanks youturnjason)
Basic support for command line arguments (right now just "-stop" is supported: starts program up without starting the ds4)

DS4Updater 1.1.0.7:
Servers moved to ds4windows.com
Bug fix for failing to fully close when cancelling an install
Nice website!
Not sure if this has to do with the change to removing DS4W from alt+tab when in tray, but now when DS4 is minimized it looks like this:

[Image: StcjpK8.png]

New website looks slick, btw!
I think I figured out what was causing the small window in the bottom left. If you want to try this code Jay. Formborderstyle.None should fix the problem on windows 7. Only problem now is if the "start minimized" button is checked it will still be in alt+tab menu until you maximize then re-minimize.

Quote: if (FormWindowState.Minimized == this.WindowState)
{
this.Hide();
this.ShowInTaskbar = false;
this.FormBorderStyle = FormBorderStyle.None;
}
Everything works perfectly except for custom mapping of keyboard characters to the buttons.

For BF4, I used the custom mapping tool to map the PS/guide button to "N", and all of the touchpad buttons (in both modes) to "Y" (which I use to toggle primary weapons).

The problem is that any time I press either of those buttons the camera swings around chaotically.
Here is a video of me pressing the touchpad to toggle my primary weapons back and forth: https://vid.me/Ek8
Any ideas how to fix this?

I tried ticking the "scan code" box for the buttons in question, but that did not help.
Touchpad mousing works perfectly as well, btw.
Windows 8.1 Pro x64, Wired DS4, latest version of DS4Windows

Thanks to the creator of this tool, it really does work wonderfully except for the above problem.