DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
(04-20-2014, 03:56 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: I think... I think I'm gonna get Windows 8.1. I kinda want to wait for 9 but screw it. They already showed they'll eventually add a proper start menu so that's fine.

Hopefully it arrives this week. I'll keep you posted electro about the results of DS4 under 8.1 vs 7.

Ahhhh screw it I can't bring myself to getting 8.1. Doing the change just so I can hotplug a DS4 controller versus clicking a button twice, can't justify it.

Anyone out there with Windows 7 AND 8+ willing to try booting to two different partitions and seeing if going to 8 really does make a difference in how DS4Windows works? I just want to know for sure what it is, because it's frustrating having something not work right. But I can't justify $150 on an OS I'm going to hate.

It took me days to get used to Windows 8, and that's having had two decades of Windows experience. But I could never get Bluetooth anything working very well in Windows 7, and I still don't like the Start replacement, but mostly my decision hinged upon realizing that Windows 8 was starting to have the best gaming performance and that Windows 7 is going to get less and less of the critical updates as it becomes older, and get security fixes later and later. I don't like being too far back on the Operating System wave, and for me Windows 8.0 would have been too far forward; I jumped on 8.1.

All of the major Bluetooth problems I had with 7 were association-related, and the adapter has never really factored into it, just the drivers, seemingly.

Sponsored links

(04-17-2014, 09:25 PM)knewknow Wrote: I really can't. I actually haven't been able to make it happen again at all. I've tried every scenario a bunch of times... (different timings and sequences).

Just a quick follow up on this. I have been using the latest since Friday when I was running those tests, and haven't had that "connecting..." problem at all. Any word on a mode that allows touchpad button remapping, but no mouse cursor?
(04-22-2014, 10:21 PM)knewknow Wrote: Just a quick follow up on this. I have been using the latest since Friday when I was running those tests, and haven't had that "connecting..." problem at all. Any word on a mode that allows touchpad button remapping, but no mouse cursor?

I can offer you the ability to crank mouse sensitivity down to 0, effectively turning it off, but that's it right now; I'm not looking to implement any more modes until after 1.0 is solid.
(04-23-2014, 02:03 AM)electrobrains Wrote: I can offer you the ability to crank mouse sensitivity down to 0, effectively turning it off, but that's it right now; I'm not looking to implement any more modes until after 1.0 is solid.

You've done enough Electro! Leave this one for another day/month/year Smile. Much much appreciated...
I posted it on Index's thread, but I'm not sure he ever saw it, but maybe you can make it work.

Is it possible to exclude xinput slots from being used with your program? For instance, having two DS4s plugged in, ignoring slots 1 and 2, and only using 3 and 4? Because if that is a possibility, I'm pretty sure you can make this work in conjunction with PS3 controllers, with the PS3 pads always having to come first.

As of now, both drivers work at the same time, but they both feed inputs to xinput controller #1. The face buttons seem to work fine for just taps, but anything analog just jitters between the values of that button on both controllers. So if you hold the analog stick left, while ignoring the other controller, the PC sees that as Left-Center-Left-Center-Left-Center, really rapidly.

Please take a crack at this! If this works, all it would need is simple square check boxes next to the 4 controller slots, to use or skip those slots. I only have one of each controller, and I'd like to play local co-op without shelling out another $60 for a second DS4. I'll buy more eventually, but I gotta wait till a sale of some sort.
I just noticed something in beta 8: It seems like none of the buttons in button mode actually work anymore. I touch the touchpad, but none of the d-pad buttons register any clicks anymore.
I downloaded the tool but I can't use it as everytime I plug a controller in with the tool running my PC hard freezes and I have to restart, anyone else have this error?
Hey i've been trying to get this to work over bluetooth for the past few days, i have the inateck BTA-CSR4B5 dongle and the only stack i can get to connect permanently to the controller is the Toshiba BT Stack, but i understand that this is basically the only one that doesnt work with this application Sad Any suggestions? Much Appreciated Smile
I have a problem where the hide ds4 controller doesn't do anything on your version but the it works on the original is this just me?
All versions give me this exception:

System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
en ScpServer.ScpForm.ControllerStatusChanged() en c:\Users\Brian\Documents\GitHub\brianfundakowskifeldman-ds4windows\DS4Tool\ScpForm.cs:línea 182
en ScpServer.ScpForm.Form_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) en c:\Users\Brian\Documents\GitHub\brianfundakowskifeldman-ds4windows\DS4Tool\ScpForm.cs:línea 108
en System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
en ScpServer.ScpForm.WndProc(Message& m) en c:\Users\Brian\Documents\GitHub\brianfundakowskifeldman-ds4windows\DS4Tool\ScpForm.cs:línea 163
en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Ensamblados cargados **************
mscorlib
Versión del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0
Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DS4Tool
Versión del ensamblado: 1.3.0.0
Versión Win32: 1.3
Código base: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/DS4Windows/DS4Tool.exe
System
Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DS4Control
Versión del ensamblado: 1.0.0.0
Versión Win32: 1.0.0.0
Código base: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/DS4Windows/DS4Control.DLL
DS4Library
Versión del ensamblado: 1.0.0.0
Versión Win32: 1.0.0.0
Código base: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/DS4Windows/DS4Library.DLL
System.Xml
Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
mscorlib.resources
Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll