Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVD-9 Flattening Guide
A tutorial for converting a DVD9 disc image into a single layer image. I hope this will help a lot for DVD9 games.

Link:
DVD-9 Flattening Guide

The software available via the website. This also website use Freeware and Trial thus free from CRACK

(note: Inform me if this guide is post before.)
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy

Sponsored links

just out of curiousity: why do you need to "flatten" dvd9 images?
CPU Core i5-3570K@3.4GHz | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Dual layered discs are expensive while regular discs are not. DUH!

Also, single layer discs work with Swap Magic ... not that that helps much here.
it helps the God of war problems when it can't read side 2 Angry (and looks like GoW2 might need it too..
(05-28-2009, 02:31 AM)Chris8282 Wrote: Dual layered discs are expensive while regular discs are not. DUH!

Also, single layer discs work with Swap Magic ... not that that helps much here.

Are you referring to piracy?
Sometime the Game release With DVD-9 which contain Dual-layer which PCSX2 plugin still not very good on this 2 layer DVD.. thus Flatten from 2 Layer to 1 layer is needed. About this Flattening layer is not an piracy problem which you need to backup your game file from the "original game" your bought and not DOWNLOAD illegally. This guide is work for PS2 thus this assume also for PCsx2 in certain game.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
(05-28-2009, 02:31 AM)Chris8282 Wrote: Dual layered discs are expensive while regular discs are not. DUH!

the guide states that only three games were released on dvd9, i don't think three dvd9 recordable discs would cost you a fortune.

(05-28-2009, 08:49 AM)nelsonz Wrote: Sometime the Game release With DVD-9 which contain Dual-layer which PCSX2 plugin still not very good on this 2 layer DVD.. thus Flatten from 2 Layer to 1 layer is needed. About this Flattening layer is not an piracy problem which you need to backup your game file from the "original game" your bought and not DOWNLOAD illegally. This guide is work for PS2 thus this assume also for PCsx2 in certain game.

so, for dvd9 games it improves compatibility. does this apply only to using a physical disc with a cdvd plugin, or does it also affect isos of these games loaded via linuziso?
CPU Core i5-3570K@3.4GHz | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(05-28-2009, 08:40 AM)Cain Wrote:

Are you referring to piracy?

Not at all

Iso and cDVD are both the same, I got pissed when GoW crashed, tried the DVD made no difference, had to patch it then it ran fine.

and swap magic can be used to play imports on a domestic PS2, it's not just used for backups/pirated games (NTSC J won't work on a NTSC U/C ps2, but will with swapmagic)
What exactly does swapmagic do?
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.