DVD drive doesn't read PS2 games.
Not sure what's going on but my DVD drives don't seem to be able to read any PS2 disks. The only disk I have gotten to work with it with Guilty Gear X and the main difference with that is, it has a blue bottom. However it seems none of my disks that have a silver bottoms will load. Basically in the DVD rom doesn't even see it. I have no problem burning or reading disks with this drive.

Basically just wondering if anyone has run into something like this? Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored links

not that unusual, some drives just don't seem to like ps2 game discs. you might try updating the firmware of the drive.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I face this problem before with LG DVD-Ram it only read a Silver bottom but not blue before thus this make me frustrated when I buying it. However,it good to change a new one.

(note: I live in Malaysia, Here sale all the disc Blue bottom is confirm a DVD-R disc and Pale Blue bottom is DVD-Rw)
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
You could try on another drive/pc then make isos and transfer them to your pc, not that good a solution but Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks guys. I tried updating the firmware to the official latest as well as custom firmware but no dice. I tried it in another machine here, but same thing unfortunately. All are a little older from about 2000 - 2005, blah!
(08-04-2009, 10:42 PM)vhxonline Wrote: Thanks guys. I tried updating the firmware to the official latest as well as custom firmware but no dice. I tried it in another machine here, but same thing unfortunately. All are a little older from about 2000 - 2005, blah!

DVD drives are pretty cheap nowadays. Just get one off of Newegg for $20-30