DVD read problem
I am not sure if it is a windows driver problem, or a compatability issue with a plugin, but i cant get any of my games to start from the DVD rom.

The emulator comes up fine, and runs great, all configs in the settings screen are just like the original PS2 (it works just as fast as my console)

when i go to the browser, only two things that show are the memory cards, the DVD never reads...

anyone have this problem? how do i work around it...

Sponsored links

Which CDVDROM plugin are you using? I'm assuming the Gigahertz one. Did you select the right drive?

Try burning an iso from one of your PS2 discs and use the Linuz CDVD plugin to load the iso directly (don't mount it using Daemon Tools or anything).

Also have you tried the latest beta?
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(09-29-2009, 10:30 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Also have you tried the latest beta?

well i wanted to, but the download link is not visible, and i have not tried using the ISO method...

yes i tried all the plugins and did choose the right drive
Sounds like you simply didnt choose the right drive, if you open the content of the disc in "My Computer" does it show it at all?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-29-2009, 06:09 PM)crazyjayloc2003 Wrote:
(09-29-2009, 10:30 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Also have you tried the latest beta?

well i wanted to, but the download link is not visible, and i have not tried using the ISO method...

yes i tried all the plugins and did choose the right drive

(09-29-2009, 07:32 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Sounds like you simply didnt choose the right drive, if you open the content of the disc in "My Computer" does it show it at all?

please read the above post, by me, yes i do see it in my computer... and yes it is the right drive...i still have to try the ISO method, nothing else is working
You still didnt answer if it shows the files of the disc in explorer or what CDVD plugin you were using.
yes the files are visible, yes i can access them fine, just that the emulator doesn't like my drives for some reason...

i did the iso method and the games loaded fine, just really choppy, no matter what settings, and i cant play most games, they hang before actual game play starts...and there is a really weird sound problem now, like an echo through a window fan
What are your specs? Your computer probably isn't powerful enough to handle emulation.
Also, could be some errors in your configuration
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded
Board: P4M800CE-8237
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 02/13/2006
2048 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
c: (NTFS on drive 4) 320.07 GB
e: (NTFS on drive 2) 320.07 GB
f: (NTFS on drive 3) 80.02 GB
g: (NTFS on drive 0) 160.04 GB
i: (NTFS on drive 1) 320.07 GB

Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]
TOSHIBA DVD/HD X807616 USB Device [CD-ROM drive]
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M [CD-ROM drive]

VISIONTEK Xtasy RADEON 9550 [Display adapter]

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Yep unfortunatelly that PC isnt good for most games, you could try ticking the "native" checbox in GSdx and use all speedhacks with "x2 cycle rate" and "vu cycle stealing" set to moderate but it probably will work fine only for a few games and not full speed I'm afraid.