DX 11 support
I've seen a plug-in which supports DX 11 in the past but i didn't check it out coz i don't have a GPU that supports DX 11. But i will be upgrading my GPU soon so i was thinking... does PCSX2 supports DX 11 and if it makes the graphics of the games look better ?
Athlon 2 x2 245 @ 3.3Ghz
GTS 250
2GB RAM @ 760Mhz 8-8-8-30
Asrock 880GM-LE
Thermaltake 600W

Sponsored links

Direct3D10/11 (Hardware) in GSdx can make some games look (more accurate) and run better yes, some will only look correctly in D3D9 and there's some picky games that won't work in either (Hardware) renderer. Right now however, assuming you are currently using Direct3D10 (Hardware) then you won't see a difference against Direct3D11 (Hardware) as they're using the same API.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
No, actually i'm only using DX 9 as i'm using XP ... can you give me some screen samples of DX 9, 10 and 11 comparisons ? if there's any...
Athlon 2 x2 245 @ 3.3Ghz
GTS 250
Asrock 880GM-LE
Thermaltake 600W
There is no difference in visual quality between Dx9/10/11. Generally its a little faster and less garbage graphics, but if the game renders correctly there is no visual difference.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
I see... that's a shame ;(
I thought, somehow, it'll make the game prettier... bah i guess it's because the game itself wasn't made to support DX 11.
Athlon 2 x2 245 @ 3.3Ghz
GTS 250
Asrock 880GM-LE
Thermaltake 600W
Well, each case is a case. So just to give an example, in Xenosaga3 DX10 has lighting problems although looking a bit more brighter. On another game it could be a totally different problem.

What is less understood is DirectX (as OpenGL too) are not only for image post processing. To get the better of it, the game should be developed from start to use their new functions. Still, there is field to enhance older games to make use of new resources and normally it is costly, making the game looking better but sometimes becoming more demanding than games natively developed to use the resources.

But, again, Emulation is further hindered, because it is not about improving ONE certain game but every game the emulated machine was to run. To complicate yet more, the original console normally uses a different method which are not so easily ported to fit DX/OpenGL calls and must be translated too. A particular game may use some less common trick to accomplish certain effect and the output is incorrectly interpreted by the emulator which generates wrong vector values (if not wrong vectors at all), which lead to glitches and/or all type of issues in the final image.

On software mode, the rendering can't make extensive usage of these vectors (it would just overwhelm any CPU over there) and must rely on the minimal and "common to all" graphical systems, thus the image is mostly "bug free", despite the cost and lack of details the correct hardware mode brings.

The above is far from complete to understand the problems which arise for emulating the consoles, the most alien it is to the emulating machine, the harder is to achieve the needed accuracy. Still it should shed some light on "why" more functions available mean more pitfalls too.
Imagination is where we are truly real
While we are on the topic of Directx11 I was wondering is it still recommended to use directX10 hardware rendering over 11 yet because 11 is still being worked on? I am just wondering because in my gsdx settings I dont have an option for 10. Just 9 and 11.

11 has worked great so far but still I was just wondering if at the moment it is more compatible to use 10 over 11.
It's as stable as DX10, or so close to it that it's no longer necessary to have the option available. Having DX10 and 11 available was just confusing Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]