DX resdistributable install problems on Windows 10 preventing PCSX2 setup
Hi folks. Back after a long break from PCSX2. Do - installed new ssd into my cab + trying to fresh install pcsx2

On Windows 10 Pro - most recent. Using standard install from downloads page

Problem being, at the plugins page on the setup wizard, I get prompted to dl the dx resdistributable, which I duly do. Extract it and then try running the exe, but then get an error about dx components already running or something. 

Essentially means can't complete installation of pcsx2.

Have latest nvidia drivers installed. Have tried running pcsx2 in admin mode. Have closed pcsx2 + restarted b4 running dx-r-d installer - nothing worked.

Screenie attached. Shame really - takes the polish off. Any help appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Just get latest PCSX2 from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ which no longer requires the DX redist.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-10-2016, 12:46 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Just get latest PCSX2 from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ which no longer requires the DX redist.

Thanks - I'll check it tomorrow. These builds reasonably stable? Shame the stable release gets you stuck in the situation above.
(10-10-2016, 12:59 AM)stigzler Wrote: Thanks - I'll check it tomorrow. These builds reasonably stable? Shame the stable release gets you stuck in the situation above.

This is the first time I've heard of this issue, it generally works fine. If you want the stable build you could always download the binary version, of course you will need to make sure your directx libraries are up to date (noting windows saying you have directx 12 means nothing here) and you have the 2013 visual studio runtimes installed however.

The development builds are stable a majority of the time, there might be some small quirks but they are usually ironed out within a few days of them appearing, unless nobody spots them of course, then we appreciate people reporting them Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yeah the really broken things/ half implementations of features tend to be on other branches besides the main branch. So the Main Branch is normally rock stable most of the time.