DX10 Crash??
PSX2 v. 0.9.6
Graphics plugin - GSdx 890 SSE2 0.1.14 (Can also use SSSE3 too)
PEOpS Sound plugin
PEOpS CDVD 1.30

I have an laptop running Vista Home Premium x64
Intel Dual Core T3400 @ 2.4ghz
4 gigs of RAM
And an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500XMD

The one of many problems I have is: I can run FF10 very fast in D3D9 software mode, with pixel shader 3.0 support. I have a Vista laptop with DX10 support and supports up to Pixel Shader 4. I mean, if I can run Silent Hill Homecoming on this computer, I obviously can play DX10 games. But when I choose D3D10 hardware in the plugins options for either SSE2 or SSSE3 and try to run a game, my PCSX2 locks up (with my display driver) and I blue screen, unless I can close PCSX2 while my display is going schitzo.

My only question for now is, why do I blue screen when trying to run D3D10 in hardware mode? I can run it in software. But this didn't happen when I first used PCSX2. I was able to run DX10 in hardware mode before, but then I started messing around with configurations and speed hacks and what not and now I can't. Anyone know why?

Also... why is it when I run FFX in D3D9 mode, with pixel shaders 2, my fps can vary wildly. Sometimes I'll get 60+ and in other screens I'll get 20-30? But in DX9 with pixel shaders 3 I can usually stay at a pretty constant 60fps?

Sponsored links

Try updating your gpu driver first. See if that helps.

Regarding the PS 2.0 and PS 3.0: To put it simply, PS 3.0 is better than PS 2.0 in every way. Like wise, PS 4.0 is better than 3.0.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Up to date your directx to march 2009.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.