DX10 XP
(03-20-2009, 07:31 PM)Saiki Wrote: thereare hacked DX10 installers however. if he has the hack installed, he can use Dx10. simple as that

No it's not that simple, he cannot use it in every app, because not all functions are supported. Also certain configuration tweaks to the software being ran have to be done.

Sponsored links

(03-20-2009, 07:31 PM)Saiki Wrote: thereare hacked DX10 installers however. if he has the hack installed, he can use Dx10. simple as that

No, he can't. I have a WinXP for testing and tried all these latest DX10 hacks. It will even show the option to use DirectX 10 in GSdx, but PCSX2 will crash when starting up.
I don't think it will be possible to use DX10 in xp, only option is to install vista. All the hacks are dodgy so i'll stay away from them.
q6600 OC @ 3.3Ghz, 4gb ddr2 ram, nvidia gtx 260, 2x 1 tb hard disk
(03-20-2009, 07:41 PM)coud Wrote: I don't think it will be possible to use DX10 in xp, only option is to install vista. All the hacks are dodgy so i'll stay away from them.

This.

DX10 on XP is one giant hack after another. DX10 requires some rather major changes to the underlying OS structure, attempting to emulate these on XP will not grant any magical speed boosts.

Microsoft didn't backport the DX10 changes to XP because it would represent a major undertaking for an OS that is heading out the door. It's new hardware interacting with a new video subsystem that just isn't present in XP, hacking your way around the implications of that isn't pretty.

If you want DirectX 10, man up and either A) buy a copy of Vista, or B) get the Windows 7 beta if you're a MSDN subscriber. But don't expect forum support if you're using hacks of questionable quality to get DX10 on XP.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
which is the whole point im trying to get accross, it doesnt matter whether or not the hacks can be installed itas a case of they will not work how they should as if vista was installed, simple as that.

no point giving false hope of there being a full/complete dx10 installer for XP its never going to happen, so theres no point in giving links to a hacked version to give him an idea of trying to use gsdx10.
I'm in the same situation!
I bought my 8800gt a month ago but i hesitate to install vista (which i currently use on my laptop).
No dx10 support for me and no dx10 gsdx.
It would be great if someone could tell us if the hacked dx10 works with pcsx2.
Also one more question....does gsdx dx10 improve performance compared to dx9 or is it just a matter of visual enhancement??
Laptop
c2d centrino 2 [email protected]
3gb Ram
Nvidia 9600M GT
Windows Vista Home

Desktop
AMD X2 4800+ @3.1Ghz (o/c)
Ram 3.5gb DDR2 667 @750mhz (o/c)
Nvidia 8800GT
Windows XP Sp3 Professional
If you read the thread (without trying to sound too rude) you would have seen someone already say the hacked version will allow pcsx2/gsdx to select dx10 mode but will crash the emu.

And some games gain in fps where others may fall, its more of a compatability thing on the graphics part.
(03-20-2009, 08:32 PM)Mooshan Wrote: ... the hacked version will allow pcsx2/gsdx to select dx10 mode but will crash the emu.
Actually it just closes the emu when you hit RUN.
eitherway, it leads to the same outcome, it wont work Smile
(03-20-2009, 07:38 PM)animes Wrote:

No, he can't. I have a WinXP for testing and tried all these latest DX10 hacks. It will even show the option to use DirectX 10 in GSdx, but PCSX2 will crash when starting up.

what plugin and how do you get dx 10 to come up in pcsx2.