DX10 issues
im running windows vista with sp1 and the latest pcsx2 0.9.6. if i try to run resident evil 4 (from the disc) using the dx10 config. it flashes then displays the error

'display driver igfx stopped responding and has recovered' or something along those lines. then a horrible blue screen!

i get re4 to run fine using dx9 settings, i have the x3100 gma.

any ideas people?

Sponsored links

Try updating your drivers, also even though your video card does support DX10, it is really gonna hinder your performance it is integrated and was never built to play any type of games let alone emulate.
Laptop Rig:

Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz
3 gb DDR2-800 RAM
256mb ATI HD 3430
Windows Vista Buisness 32-Bit

Desktop Rig:

P4 HT @ 3.0Ghz
3 gb DDR2-533 RAM
256mb ATI X1300
Windows XP Pro 32-Bit
Yea, this seems like a problem related to your video and not PCSX2.
(04-18-2009, 02:52 AM)samretroman Wrote: im running windows vista with sp1 and the latest pcsx2 0.9.6. if i try to run resident evil 4 (from the disc) using the dx10 config. it flashes then displays the error

'display driver igfx stopped responding and has recovered' or something along those lines. then a horrible blue screen!

i get re4 to run fine using dx9 settings, i have the x3100 gma.

any ideas people?

yes get a new laptop Tongue

x3100 = FX Go 5600 / 5650. ( almost a little better but still ) simple it doesnt like the gsdx10
CPU - [PHENOM 9950 BE 3.0 GHZ | GFX - [Evga 260GTX]
OS - [Vista 64 Business] | RAM - [4GB Gskill 1066Mhz]
ok, lol but seriously. has anyone with a x3100 got stuff to run with dx10?
My laptop has the same video card -the gma x3100. It is able to run some stuff in dx10 hw mode(like up to the title screen in Kingdom Hearts - but selecting New Game or Load causes the game to crash like you described), so I don't think it's an all-gpu issue. But unless you upgrade your rig/wait for a fix/use your ps2/code your own dx10 x3100-compatible gs plugin Laugh, you're stuck with the dx10 sw mode, or dx9 hw (dx9 sw is very slow).
ok, much appreciated. this project seems like it will continue so ill keep my fingers crossed
Buy grapich card with support directx.10 in hardware and Ps.4 for your computer/laptop. onboard gpu is not recommanded for pcsx2 emulation except latest onboard ATI (HD.3200/3300) or Nvidia (8200).
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
you may have te same GPU issue I did, hit F8 when boting vista , run in low-rez mode, and reset your grapcs settings. then try again after reboting. might clear it up (did for me anyway)
If you are waiting for us to make your laptop suddenly run games quickly, id stop waiting right now Tongue Laptops really arent designed for the load PCSX2 puts on it, unless you spend an absolute fortune on a rediculous spec.

As for the graphics card, there isnt much hope for it. Its like trying to make a Skoda family saloon win the F1 championships, it isnt going to happen, not in a million years.

If you want to play PCSX2 well, you are better off getting yourself a nice Desktop machine.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]