Dance Dance Revolution: Supernova - Some songs crash emulator
Hello,

I've detected an issue that i'm not sure if others are having:

When I play Dance Dance Revolution: Supernova, some of the songs will crash the entire game. While playing, it will halt/freeze, in an infinite sound loop until the emulators restarted. Some songs that cause this are:

Heaven is a Place on Earth
Fascination Maxx

More songs will do this to, but it's completely random. I've tried the latest r5200 as well as r4600 build to no avail.

I've only experienced freezing with Supernova, and the Intro of DDR:Extreme 2. DDR:Extreme 1 works 90% of the time, until a round starts without the music entirely (Silent, again, can happen randomly).

Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
8GB RipJaws Ram
Core I7 2700k (Oc'd 4.6ghz)
Geforce gtx 570

PCSX2 settings:
gdsx DX9 @ default
SPU2x = Default (with 50ms)
PressurePSXPAD plugin (buttons mapped)
1920x1080 resolution
Speedhacks disabled
Emulation Settings = Default.

Any help or idea is greatly appreciated Smile

EDIT: I've experimented by playing those same songs about 10 times in a row without pressing any input...and they played until the end. When I start pressing buttons is when it freezes, around the same parts too!

Could it have something to do with the gamepad plugin? I tried using lilypad but it doesn't work at all with my Mat.

Sponsored links

Can you try some different sound plugins like ZeroSPU2 or PeOPS SPU2 and see what happens? Thanks Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Also try to set EE and VU clamping to full. Some of the DDR games needed that.
Thanks for your reply, refraction!

I tried ZeruSPU2 and it froze at the same parts. PeOPS 1.9.0 did the exact same thing, but also was very out of sync to the arrows.

Strangely, when I don't give (controller or Mat) input, it doesn't freeze. I wish the lilypad plugin could work with dance mats, because it can't, I can't test :/.
Thanks Rama,

The clamping mode was set to full, but it still freezes..

So weird...it only works when I press NOTHING mid song, but when I decide to use the Mat or Controller and begin to flow, it freezes
Can you try a different pad plugin in that case? See if that solves it. Ssspsx should be around somewhere, or zeropad or megapad or twinpad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I'm curious, you're using r5227, right?

If so, what play mode are you using in-game?

Edit: I've been trying to reproduce your settings with my NTSC-U copy of the game. Besides not being able to create a save game at the very start (I get one of those DMA does not terminate errors or whatever it was -- but I can save later), and some flickering visuals, I'm having no problems. It sounds like you changed the game over mode to have the game end at the end of the music, so I changed that and got a splitsecond sharp FPS drop in Heaven on Earth one time, but I haven't been able to reproduce that.

Edit: Also, if I let the introduction demonstration complete, I get yet another DMA Ch.1 does not terminate error and the audio gets into a 2 second loop, but I suppose that can be worked around by not sitting around on the start menu.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
@ MyDreamName,

I'm using "Game Mode" and enable all music to appear. Yes, all of those issues above are happening with me as well. if the intro fully plays through, the game will freeze and i'd have to restart.

I ripped my NTSC-U copy too. The game over mode was changed to end of song, in order to experiment with combo-ing with input versus not pressing any buttons. When I play Heaven is a Place On Earth on 'Difficult" level it freezes every time. If I play Fascination Maxx on "Heavy" Level it freezes.

It's very complex and random, but the game may freeze depending on the song and difficulty level you choose. Mind you, it only happens when I use button input during the song.

@ refraction, SSSPsx pressure plugin is my default choice. Lilypad won't work on my PS2 to PC mat. I'll give Zeropad and the others a try a little later and see if it works, thanks.
Bananaclawz, would you mind uploading your memorycard containing your DDR save file and telling me what settings you are using for arrows and such, along with any other main option changes you have set?

And you're using PCSX2 r5227, right?

Edit: Also, sitting around on any screen for a while seems to cause that DMA Ch.1 does not terminate bug, too...
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-28-2012, 09:27 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: Bananaclawz, would you mind uploading your memorycard containing your DDR save file and telling me what settings you are using for arrows and such, along with any other main option changes you have set?

And you're using PCSX2 r5227, right?

Edit: Also, sitting around on any screen for a while seems to cause that DMA Ch.1 does not terminate bug, too...

I've attached it here. I had r5210 before, now i've tried 5227 with the same results.

Attached Files
.rar   Mcd001.rar (Size: 1,69 MB / Downloads: 200)