Dark Chronicle crashes
I have downloaded and installed pcsx2, XQuartz, nvidia cg, and I manage to run an empty bios on pcsx2 now. For some reason, though, Dark Chronicle (or Dark Cloud 2, as you wish) crashes after 3 seconds if I have the EERec on. But if I don't, it will run veeery slowly. I checked the System requirements and I have MMX, SSE, SSE2 and SSE3, but it will still crash. Can someone help me?

Sponsored links

I guess you use pcsx2 0.9.7 for mac?

Can you try what happens with PCSX2-CE?
0.9.7 is just a very old and it could be that this game was not playable with this version.
It's probably just me being dumb, but whatever I do, even when running a test with no disc, PCSX2-CE just crashes. I have no idea what to do
Thanks a lot
(12-05-2014, 12:17 PM)willkuer Wrote: I guess you use pcsx2 0.9.7 for mac?

Can you try what happens with PCSX2-CE?
0.9.7 is just a very old and it could be that this game was not playable with this version.

I've been trying to get PCSX2-CE to play Dark Cloud 2 for a few days. I can't seem to get a playable framerate. Have tried most of the GSdx versions as well as ZeroGS, speedhacks, emulation settings, etc. Haven't found a good combo yet. Even updated the Wineskin wrapper to the latest version.

Specs:
OSX 10.10.1
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Your cpu might be just too weak. But if you want to get support open your own thread instead or rudely hijacking the one of others...
(01-14-2015, 02:15 PM)willkuer Wrote: Your cpu might be just too weak. But if you want to get support open your own thread instead or rudely hijacking the one of others...

Sorry.. Just assumed I could jump in since this thread has been dormant for a month. Didn't mean to be rude.