Dark Chronicle freezes at boot
Hi there,

After testing latest git I see a "new" bug(not present in 1.2.2).
Dark Chronicle(PAL) freezes for a moment at boot, when arriving at language selection screen. When it arrives there it freezes a moment, then the log says that EE request reboot and IOP realtime kernel V2.1 is loaded(as opposed to 0.9.1 at first). Then, everything runs normally.
(happens with or without hack, gsdx software/hardware opengl and zzogl. I use ps3 gamepad, but it happens also with keyboard/mouse.

System Spec:
ArchLinux x86_64
CPU : intel 2600k
GPU: nvidia gt770
Laptop: Arch Linux x86_64
CPU :Core i3-3217U @ 1.8Ghz
GPU: intel HD4000
4GO RAM DDR3-1600Mhz
Desktop: Arch Linux x86_64
CPU : Core i7 2600k @ 4.1Ghz
GPU : Nvidia GTX 770 OC Gigabyte
8GO Ram dual channel DDR3-1600 Mhz

Sponsored links

opengl and zzogl

google
So does it eventually unfreeze and proceed to boot? What gpu driver do you use? What warnings in terminal do you get?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

@Suzan
(Gsdx opengl) and (ZZogl)(plugin) yes... I know both are based on opengl, thank you...
@DaTankAC
Nvidia blob latest.
Happens also on Intel hd 4000 with latest mesa stable(10.3.X)
No terminal warning, only the trace in the log, EE request reboot, IOP load its newer kernel(seems newer from revision number)... But I don't know where it is found... After the "reboot" happens in the logs, the game runs yes, and it works fine. But the freeze lasts for a good while.
It's not related to the gpu I think... It's cpu(boot?) code that one I would think. It seems wrong kernel is requested or loaded at first. How do you handle firmware loading? The ps2 has multiple kernels version ready? Or it's included with the game when needed(for older version)? How it handles the firmware loading itself?
I try with the bios from my old FAT ps2 and from my slim. Does not change anything either.
Laptop: Arch Linux x86_64
CPU :Core i3-3217U @ 1.8Ghz
GPU: intel HD4000
4GO RAM DDR3-1600Mhz
Desktop: Arch Linux x86_64
CPU : Core i7 2600k @ 4.1Ghz
GPU : Nvidia GTX 770 OC Gigabyte
8GO Ram dual channel DDR3-1600 Mhz