Dark Cloud 2 Configuration Help
Pardon my newness, first time ever trying an emulator of any sort because I really felt the need to get back into Dark Cloud 2.

You can ask me what my settings are and such, I'll answer to the best of my ability.

On with it : I'm having severe frame-drop issues just getting on the loading screen, very choppy and the music is also lagging severely.

(PC Specs : Processor : AMD A6-3420M 1500hz Quad Core [win64], 4gb Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6520G [2gb] )

I've kept all video and audio settings at default thus far, because I haven't found any threads on white might change. EE is usually at 30-99% and FPS is constantly going from 29-60. Audio is lagging behind as well as already stated. I tried just increasing speed hacks by increments, 1 - 1, 1 - 2, 2 - 2, that sort of thing.

Also, tried doing max on all speedhacks options and ended up getting a frame increase into the hundreds BUT it's still chopping down sometimes, it seems to be working fine for the most part but the drop from 100-40//50 is noticeable at times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I would really love to be running the game stably and without any problems. Again, really new to this whole thing, so sorry if I'm doing something wrong.
hi

Sponsored links

honestly, the best you can do is playing it on your PS2 for now.
that CPU is way too weak to handle most PS2 games.
that GPU won't help either
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Seems to run other high quality games like SR3, GT4, and a couple other online games at solid 40-50 frames or more. Don't know how this is any different in terms of how demanding a PS2 game would be.

+ I don't have a working PS2 or Dark Cloud 2 copy :z
hi
Which means you're doing this illegally and therefore will no longer receive assistance from the forum.
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
MOBO: ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6770 - XFX build
Game disk is scratched to the point of it being almost unplayable and PS2 has issues running, will only stay on for roughly an hour, we've reworked it two times now. Hence the term ; Not working. Because they don't preform well enough to play.

Making things more clear : Dark Cloud 2 is scratched harshly, to the degree of continuous skipping, although it would still be remotely playable minus the cutscenes would always have to be skipped.

PS2 just has an overheating problem or something, we've never right figured out what it was.
hi
Technically you must own a working PS2 and playable version of the original game to rip yourself. jesalvein said it best as your PC is really too weak to play anything anyways.

Get a new PS2 and buy the game again. Both are SUPER cheap nowadays.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
*sigh* Just super baffling that I can play high quality games and record others, on this Toshiba yet somehow it's "too weak". Honestly amazing how some games work themselves out. Thanks for the help though.
hi
As long as he extracted the bios from his PS2 and made an iso of his game before it got scratched, I don't see any legal problem with all this.
Quote:Seems to run other high quality games like SR3, GT4, and a couple other online games at solid 40-50 frames or more
dunno what SR3 is, but GT4 ? You mean Gran turismo ? with this kind of config ? Really ?
Saints Row 3, and yes, at low-medium settings. Disabling ambient occlusion and anisotropic filtering since they're useless and un-needed since I'm on a laptop. That being said, because it's a laptop it still heats up more than I'd like it to.

I made the ISO from Dark Cloud 2 about 2 years ago and used it on my older PC, with, sadly, better results. Had to downgrade ( or upgrade depending on how you look at it ) to this laptop because I became rather busy with school.

I'm also able to record Combat Arms and Dragon Nest gameplay at a solid 46fps, which might not be the best, but it's not bad at all for a laptop.
hi
oh, I see.
you were comparing PC games to emulation.
that's nothing but a nonsense.
so, yeah, apart from using your old PC or getting a new PS2, I'm affraid you're screwed