Dark Cloud 2 Crash
The game crash every time I enter level 3 of the Underground Channel. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? From what I have read the game is suppose to be playable so I was just curious maybe it's something on my part.
*CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @3GHz
*RAM: 4000MB DDR2 SDRAM
*GPU: GeForce 8800 GTS

Sponsored links

pc/pcsx2 specs?

*PCSX2 0.9.6
* Speed Hacks: x2 Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack, Enable IOP x2
*CPU: EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, MTGS and Limit all enabled
*Advanced: Set to Default

*Plugins:
*GPU: GSdx 890 0.1.14 (SSSE3)
*SPU: SPU2-X 1.1.0 (DirectSound)
*BIOS: USA v0.160
I didn't have any issues. Try playing through it on a different GFX plugin. Or a different version.
Speed Hacks: x2 Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack, Enable IOP x2 : Disable all these and try again.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
As I understand, this is an issue with the game itself. I've had several occasions where it has frozen at that point, in both the PS2 version and on PCSX2.
(03-30-2009, 02:08 PM)Bositman Wrote: Speed Hacks: x2 Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack, Enable IOP x2 : Disable all these and try again.

Still doesn't work. The game works on my PS2 but i don't feel like setting it up every time. Thanks for the help anyway. I'm not in a hurry to play this game. I can hold it off.
I'm having the same issue

CPU- Intel i7 Quad @ 2.8GHz
RAM- 4GB
GFX- Nvidia GTX 260
OS- Windows 7 64bit

PCSX2 beta.r1888
no speed hacks
CPU- EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, MTGS, Limit Frame Limiting
Advanced- default

Plugins
gfx- GSdx890 SSSE3
SPU- SPU2-X 1.1.0
BIOS- USA v02.00
Master, use the latest beta and then try.
Currently Playing on PCSX2: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ @ 2.1 Ghz and Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE (Playable isn't full speed)
(03-30-2009, 01:02 AM)masterjjx Wrote: The game crash every time I enter level 3 of the Underground Channel. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? From what I have read the game is suppose to be playable so I was just curious maybe it's something on my part.

Consider it a bug in the game (I've been having the problem on my PS2 since it first came out).

The actual source of the bug is unknown but occurs differently on each PS2.

Try both a. and b. for each condition (usually only a. or b. matters but sometime the conditions will apply) listed below (only either a. or b. gets past the bug which varies from one console to the other based on my experience).

1. When you are already in the dungeon (finished a floor without leaving)
2. Try reentering the dungeon (leave the dungeon and enter again)
3. Completing a floor and then trying without saving (highest success rate but the previous options are easy and quick to try first)

a. Skip the scene
b. Watch the entire scene

If none of the above works, no idea what other variables contribute to this horrible glitch.

Luckily this loading problem only happens during the White Loading screens so you only have one more to survive (only bugged once on the that floor so it is mostly safe) after this. Also if you are going to replay this game, make note of which of the above you did (if you are using the same revision and plugins) because it should work again.