Dark Cloud 2 Playability
(07-13-2014, 07:42 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Once your power supply has more wattage than your system consumes(and 500 does/will), adding extra watts does nothing to boost performance. Both of the supplies you linked will do the job fine, however I would recommend the Corsair over the CM.

I see, Blyss. Thanks for your response.

As I said in my previous post, and as you so suggested yourself, I'll probably end up ordering the Corsair CX 500W very soon (within the next few hours, It seems pretty cheap!!). I have a couple of questions however, considering we will have very similar builds (Same HDD space, Ram and Graphics) as well as my Processor being a little less powerful (look here and here) then yours can I ask what your power supply is, what it's Wattage is and how it holds up?

Also, I'm wondering if 500W holds up just fine, and after looking through previous posts on this thread, I see that Nobbs himself stated that a 500W power supply is such and such a price, meaning it would do just fine. In addition, Blyss, how to more high end games run, such as Ratchet and Clank, FFX and Sonic Heroes (To name a few) run on your PSU (500W or otherwise).

Also, if the PSU is lower then a specific amount based on the build (I'm not too knowledgeable of PSU's ) can the system itself have trouble with over clocking? Or would I not need to really do that with my build?
INTEL i5 3570k @ 3.40Ghz | RADEON HD 7870 | 8GB RAM | 1TB Seagate HDD
GZ-Z77X-D3H 1155 | Corsair 40OW | Hyper 212 Evo AMD | Casecom k5 7688 | 8X 30CM 1X 120CM

Sponsored links

(07-13-2014, 10:15 PM)MrKalius Wrote: I see, Blyss. Thanks for your response.

As I said in my previous post, and as you so suggested yourself, I'll probably end up ordering the Corsair CX 500W very soon (within the next few hours, It seems pretty cheap!!). I have a couple of questions however, considering we will have very similar builds (Same HDD space, Ram and Graphics) as well as my Processor being a little less powerful (look here and here) then yours can I ask what your power supply is, what it's Wattage is and how it holds up?

Also, I'm wondering if 500W holds up just fine, and after looking through previous posts on this thread, I see that Nobbs himself stated that a 500W power supply is such and such a price, meaning it would do just fine. In addition, Blyss, how to more high end games run, such as Ratchet and Clank, FFX and Sonic Heroes (To name a few) run on your PSU (500W or otherwise).

Also, if the PSU is lower then a specific amount based on the build (I'm not too knowledgeable of PSU's ) can the system itself have trouble with over clocking? Or would I not need to really do that with my build?

The PSU doesn't make a difference in terms of how games will run. When overclocked that cpu will run Ratchet and Clank just fine.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yep, Nobbs is correct.

Also, this is my PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...17-438-012&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=3

IF the PSU wasn't putting out enough power, then it could hamper an overclock. However I've pushed my power hungry FX 6300 all the way to it's max voltage and with both GPU and CPU fully loaded, I can just barely touch 400 Watts. So I still have 100 to spare. In my personal opinion, unless you are considering SLI or crossfire, or are gonna have like an array of 10 HDDS, 500Watts is the sweet spot.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-14-2014, 01:03 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yep, Nobbs is correct.

Also, this is my PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...17-438-012&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=3

IF the PSU wasn't putting out enough power, then it could hamper an overclock. However I've pushed my power hungry FX 6300 all the way to it's max voltage and with both GPU and CPU fully loaded, I can just barely touch 400 Watts. So I still have 100 to spare. In my personal opinion, unless you are considering SLI or crossfire, or are gonna have like an array of 10 HDDS, 500Watts is the sweet spot.

10 4TB hdd's would be awesome

imagine 40TB of storage. I can only have a max of 12TB if I keep my BD
Went ahead and got the Corsair CX 500. Looks like it'll do the job!
Next up, monitor! Laugh Will get back to you all. Smile Thanks again, guys!

Had a quick look at some cheap-o monitors. Want to TRY and get it for £100 or less, I know that's very cheap, But I need just enough to scrape an i5 processor. Take a look at this IF needed, I'll probably go as low as 19" (my current monitor size) but I want to have a bigger screen whilst gaming (in HD specifically) because it's a lot better. Thanks again guys.

The power supply should be here in a couple of days, the motherboard coming this week (had some trouble with deliveries recently) and then it just leaves the processor -- Then all systems are go!! Laugh

I could possibly however just wait until I get the processor (which shouldn't take more then a month - still getting some funds) then use the left over money I have from the processor to get a monitor. Hmm.. Decisions.

If you're up for it dudes, I would enjoy looking at some monitor recommendations. Thanks again guys!

EDIT: At a friends computer right now having a quick look at keyboards and mice to have a look at later.
EDIT 2: My power supply arrived a few moments ago! Woo!
GZ-Z77X-D3H 1155 | Corsair 40OW | Hyper 212 Evo AMD | Casecom k5 7688 | 8X 30CM 1X 120CM
Got the power supply, should have the processor (Intel i5 3570k) in a week or two. Laugh
Still waiting on the Mobo though :C
At least its close to being done.
This has gotta be the longest build in history lol. Oh well, at least it will be worth it.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Well, it's been nearly 3 months since I've replied to this thread, and since then. A lot has happened. Sorry I've been unable to update you all recently, but the light is finally shining!

The motherboard arrived on the 6/8, 3 days before my birthday, which was about a month or so after Blyss Sarania's Last responce on this thread. So, the motherboard arrived, a very good one as you all know -- nice and new. But it was only last week that I managed to get my Processor which was the Intel i5 3570k (Which cost a fair bit of money!!).

I then took all these pieces and gave them to my brother, who has just finished building the system. As requested, I've been sent some pictures for your delectation. So after a decent 5 months after creating this thread, and another 3 not posting (because of a lot that has happened, plus getting parts and stuff) it's finally coming together.

I've also went ahead and got a 24" HD monitor to use with my Rig (Because why not) and it'll look awesome. A couple of other things that I need to grab (Which won't take too long at all) are a keyboard and mouse, and also a DVD drive IF I ever need to install Windows again (But I don't see that happening). As stated previously, after this build I'll move onto getting things like a SSD and other things such as some more RAM later on down the line, and other bits and bobs if needed.

FRONT VIEW
[Image: 2vlt9b8.jpg]
SIDE VIEW: PANEL OFF
[Image: 5d2lcl.jpg]
Looking good.